2023 Houston Texans thread

Macklemore

This team is fun to watch again. Demeco and CJ are so much better than random placeholder old coach and giraffe neck. The culture is changing.  Don't fuck it up Tommy Boy

So much this. Very impressive. This seems like the team is in the right direction and has a promising foundation
  • Hook 'Em 1

Is Juice Scruggs going to play this season?

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

Unprecedented numbers for a rookie QB.  Couldn’t be happier with Demeco, Slowik and the rest of the team. Think if Caserio drafted Sauce and anyone other than aggy in 2022.

We'd have two more starters that are actually playing?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

I’m not your definition of a Texans fan (huge Cowboys fan, posting this from the Eagle’s Nest at Little Woodrow’s watching the Boys vs Eagles), but I was at the game today at nrg and it was a fantastic ending. I’ve been halfway rooting for the Texans as my second team because I like the grit and dog they’ve showed this year as a young rebuild and I have to admit I was way wrong about Stroud, who I thought would be a Justin Fields Jr.

Edited by BeardIP
  • Hook 'Em 2

That was my favorite Texans game ever. Holy shit, that was entertaining. 

I don't know what to say anymore about Stroud. He legitimately had a rough 1st half and still ended up with otherworldly numbers. Incredible that we can confidently believe this guy will be a top 5 QB for the next decade. 

Tank Dell...man. A legitimate badass hooked up with a franchise QB. He's gonna light up the league. And props to Demeco and staff for FEEDING him. 

So many injuries on defense, but they fought hard all game. 

I'm fully on board the Texans bandwagon. LFG

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

That was my favorite Texans game ever. Holy shit, that was entertaining. 

I don't know what to say anymore about Stroud. He legitimately had a rough 1st half and still ended up with otherworldly numbers. Incredible that we can confidently believe this guy will be a top 5 QB for the next decade. 

Tank Dell...man. A legitimate badass hooked up with a franchise QB. He's gonna light up the league. And props to Demeco and staff for FEEDING him. 

So many injuries on defense, but they fought hard all game. 

I'm fully on board the Texans bandwagon. LFG

And Dalton Schultz (former Cowboy!) had a game and came back from that first drive fumble. Trucking that Tampa defender instead of going out of bounds got one of the biggest reactions of the game to that point.

Edited by BeardIP
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Hate said:

The OL and DL need to be the focus for the next couple of drafts. stroud has already shown he can make players better. Look at what he did with what many people thought was the worst WR room in the league. 

Yeah, Brown has come on since the injury to Woods, and Niko is finally showing up. I saw an earlier mock that had the Texans getting Keon Coleman and that would be fucking awesome. I think we need a WR/TE and then just fill up on LOS guys.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Yeah, Brown has come on since the injury to Woods, and Niko is finally showing up. I saw an earlier mock that had the Texans getting Keon Coleman and that would be fucking awesome. I think we need a WR/TE and then just fill up on LOS guys.

I don’t trust Caserio to draft a 1st round OL after picking the aggy bust we have at LG. We already have enough draft capital and cap space devoted to OL. Patterson was a good pick in the 5th round and we can fill out our needs in FA and in the lower rounds like that. Biggest need is to get a stud DT that can get us a consistent push up the middle so that we can actually get the QB on the ground. Jordan Davis/Jalen Carter type talent would be ideal. If Keon Coleman is still on the draft board where we pick, he would be impossible to pass up. Same with Bowers, IMO.

14 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I don’t trust Caserio to draft a 1st round OL after picking the aggy bust we have at LG. We already have enough draft capital and cap space devoted to OL. Patterson was a good pick in the 5th round and we can fill out our needs in FA and in the lower rounds like that. Biggest need is to get a stud DT that can get us a consistent push up the middle so that we can actually get the QB on the ground. Jordan Davis/Jalen Carter type talent would be ideal. If Keon Coleman is still on the draft board where we pick, he would be impossible to pass up. Same with Bowers, IMO.

The pick will likely be somewhere around 20. Just draft the best player available within reason. Landing a great player is more important than landing a player at a specific position. 

I don't think Bowers or Coleman will be there. 

• Hook 'Em 3