Troll Farm

Neonmoon

3 hours ago, immamac said:

There are actually autistic people who post here so I would prefer you not do this again in threads or at all. 

27 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

It is like 4 posts above. Apparently a bridge too far to expect the board admin to pay attention. 

1 hour ago, Braff Zacklin said:

I believe he was parroting what someone had previously said to him earlier in the thread. Just FYI.

I said it first. To be fair to @immamac, he was probably just responding to a report or something and didn't see my post.

I didn't intend it to be any kind of joke or personal attack. My little brother is autistic and arguing/interacting with Ana feels very similar but it's hard to perceive nuance over the internet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

he was probably just responding to a report or something and didn't see my post.

You've identified one of the root cause issues. It goes back to the [serious] thread days. But I mean good for you for shitting on your little brother as a bit of internet banter. Degenerate.  

Edited by Anastasis
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You've identified one of the root cause issues. It goes back to the [serious] thread days. But I mean good for you for shitting on your little brother as a bit of internet banter. Degenerate.  

Acting like online discourse is exactly the same as it was 6 or 7 years ago is just absurd. 

Edited by Captainant
Accidentally hit enter early

21 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I said it first. To be fair to @immamac, he was probably just responding to a report or something and didn't see my post.

You're good with me, you know that. So is @Anastasis, though.

I don't read CR and I don't do political debates, so I'm not keen on where everyone stands even though plenty seems to spill out to other subforums. From my perspective, you're that plucky Tech fan who's not afraid to tell us 'Horns to go fuck ourselves if we get too uppity. And I know Anastasis for his drops of some mighty fine home-cooked meals.

I'd much rather view everyone here through those lens than this petty shit, but I realize it just, uh, goes with the territory these days.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

You're good with me, you know that. So is @Anastasis, though.

I don't read CR and I don't do political debates, so I'm not keen on where everyone stands even though plenty seems to spill out to other subforums. From my perspective, you're that plucky Tech fan who's not afraid to tell us 'Horns to go fuck ourselves if we get too uppity. And I know Anastasis for his drops of some mighty fine home-cooked meals.

I'd much rather view everyone here through those lens than this petty shit, but I realize it just, uh, goes with the territory these days.

I thought he was joking tbh

6 hours ago, immamac said:

There are actually autistic people who post here so I would prefer you not do this again in threads or at all. 

I am one of those people (I’ve detailed it here before on a thread in the Help Me With This section) and yeah it’s not cool when I see some of the things I read on this board that pertain directly or indirectly with autism.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, Anastasis said:

To be fair to him, you had to have it explained to you why neg rep is a function on this site and why people use it. Literally needed it spelled out.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

And also because you’re here trying to lecture everyone about not getting upset over petty internet shit when you are far more triggered by petty internet shit than 99% of people here.

”Someone gave NEG REP to AnimalTobacco798@clownpenis.fart!  The horror!  The horror!  These people are all psychopaths and I must lecture them!  Evil only triumphs when good people do nothing!”

DB8B9444-1D4A-499F-A9D8-255019F2142C.gif

7 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

And also because you’re here trying to lecture everyone about not getting upset over petty internet shit when you are far more triggered by petty internet shit than 99% of people here.

”Someone gave NEG REP to AnimalTobacco798@clownpenis.fart!  The horror!  The horror!  These people are all psychopaths and I must lecture them!  Evil only triumphs when good people do nothing!”

i mean...duh

image.png.332ef57d33bb6a3fc3baeec597c88856.png

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

-100 I think. A lot harder than it sounds, you have to try really hard/be an actual piece of shit to get crowd sourced, and even then often not (see fattyflattie).

How about a Mormon shit-talking fuckhead whose rep has gone from 200 to 100 or so in a day because of the amount of shit he's talking about the remaining Big 12 members, Yormark kicking ass, how KSU owns us, and how BYU is gonna whip our ass 10/28?  

So, FartingDreamer gets banned, comes back as Pep, and has 0 posts and is going around negging and PMing.  Don't we have a minimum post count before you can neg others?  Also, he likes to PM about things he doesn't get...

Spoiler

image.png.741af2e1a95cdb27cc6ab760346fc2b7.png

Edited by PvilleStang
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

So, FartingDreamer gets banned, comes back as Pep, and has 0 posts and is going around negging and PMing.  Don't we have a minimum post count before you can neg others?  Also, he likes to PM about things he doesn't get...

Hide contents

He's a trash poster that has a long history of drive-by negging. I reported him for it several months ago and no one seemed to care.

54 minutes ago, Js1 said:

BeardIP is Animal Tobacco, right?

What is your obsession with me? I have a new name, of course, but it's not even on your radar. You've even posrepped me. As long as I stay out of the Cloak Room, it seems like it's fine.

But then I read where fattyflattie gets a timeout, versus a ban, and I'm confused. We both say things in political environments that upset folks, but are from a place of earnestness. 

Whatever, I've just come to terms that my flavor of political opinion is not tolerated and have resigned myself from engaging there.

Edited by TheAnimalTobacco
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 9

8 minutes ago, TheAnimalTobacco said:

What is your obsession with me? I have a new name, of course, but it's not even on your radar. You've even posrepped me. As long as I stay out of the Cloak Room, it seems like it's fine.

But then I read where fattyflattie gets a timeout, versus a ban, and I'm confused. We both say things in political environments that upset folks, but are from a place of earnestness. 

Whatever, I've just come to terms that my flavor of political opinion is not tolerated and have resigned myself from engaging there.

Fatty should have been banned IMO for the despicable things he said on Friday night. I think there's no place on this board for someone who makes misogynistic personal attacks on a poster. I'm sure his wife and daughter would be so proud.

As for you, it's not your politics per se. It's that you post things and either don't cite them, you use highly questionable fringe sources, you cut and paste from highly questionable sources without citing them, or you use chat GPT to write your response. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

You're on the 87th iteration of your username.  It sounds like you're obsessed. 

Obsessed with outliving the witch hunt, I guess, sure. I'll plead guilty. 

But as I said, I just will keep my political opinions to myself and blend in on the other boards until some sort of sanity gets reintroduced. Not going on CR has actually been good for me anyways.

• Fuck You 7

Fatty should have been banned IMO for the despicable things he said on Friday night. I think there's no place on this board for someone who makes misogynistic personal attacks on a poster. I'm sure his wife and daughter would be so proud.
As for you, it's not your politics per se. It's that you post things and either don't cite them, you use highly questionable fringe sources, you cut and paste from highly questionable sources without citing them, or you use chat GPT to write your response. 

I missed this. Care to explain what happened? DM if you want.

11 minutes ago, royiv said:

Not correct.

I used chatgpt one time to source financial data on the Tesla thread that turned out to be wrong and I apologized for not fact checking before posting it. The one and only time.

I only cite reputable (wsj, nyt, bloomberg, etc.) and have gotten tight on citations.

I've never ridiculed someone about how they physically look. In fact I have a history of calling out the hypocrisy of those that do with "Huckabeef" and "Hot Wheelz".

So it absolutely is the politics. Look at the Meritocracy thread on the CR right now and poe it up. He's putting forward a very conservative point of view, from his lived experience, and with an earnestness of valid belief and is being pilloried as a troll. The exact treatment my iterations get, no matter how moderate and careful I try to be with my language while still communicating a position that is a) in the minority and b) personally reviled by the regulars.

Believe it or not there are different personas that post here that have different beliefs, experiences, and values. 

Having a different opinion that you despise is not being a troll.

I'll say it louder for those in the back:

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 10

39 minutes ago, TheAnimalTobacco said:

Not correct.

I used chatgpt one time to source financial data on the Tesla thread that turned out to be wrong and I apologized for not fact checking before posting it. The one and only time.

I only cite reputable (wsj, nyt, bloomberg, etc.) and have gotten tight on citations.

I've never ridiculed someone about how they physically look. In fact I have a history of calling out the hypocrisy of those that do with "Huckabeef" and "Hot Wheelz".

So it absolutely is the politics. Look at the Meritocracy thread on the CR right now and poe it up. He's putting forward a very conservative point of view, from his lived experience, and with an earnestness of valid belief and is being pilloried as a troll. The exact treatment my iterations get, no matter how moderate and careful I try to be with my language while still communicating a position that is a) in the minority and b) personally reviled by the regulars.

Believe it or not there are different personas that post here that have different beliefs, experiences, and values. 

I'll say it louder for those in the back:

Citing poe as someone who should be listened to is worth a neg. He doesn't believe that there are any LGBTQ folks in his community. None. Zero. Zilch.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, royiv said:

Citing poe as someone who should be listened to is worth a neg. He doesn't believe that there are any LGBTQ folks in his community. None. Zero. Zilch.

I was going to ask why the neg and glad it's not for trying to correct the record and challenge an established narrative without upsetting folks.

The question then is, what's fundamentally different from me, the big bad Animal Tobacco, and guys like Poe or Flatty or Ana or anyone else who dares to defy conventional wisdom, as it's accepted here, in a strident manner of speaking? Obviously something is different because everyone else is tolerated and/or suspended when lines get crossed, versus instabanned for merely sharing opinions.

It's almost as if being inflammatory would be more acceptable. You can be meek and moderate and still own your beliefs (e.g. not be disingenuous and a troll).

Edited by TheAnimalTobacco
  • Fuck You 7

I prefer to ridicule than neg. But I will if it’s hate. And if a poster is known for hate (whether racism or homophobia, etc) and they make a cute comment that is just their toes on the line, neg. Body of work is considered.

What about this comment? Curious to see where people stand. I am fucking excited for the game, so yes, I know the context.

a970dd2261224660d39ec6adf117f30c.jpg

2 hours ago, TheAnimalTobacco said:

Look at the Meritocracy thread on the CR right now and poe it up. He's putting forward a very conservative point of view, from his lived experience, and with an earnestness of valid belief and is being pilloried as a troll. The exact treatment my iterations get, no matter how moderate and careful I try to be with my language while still communicating a position that is a) in the minority and b) personally reviled by the regulars.

It's this kind of aww-shucks vacuity that contributes to your constant crowd sourcing. I don't know why I'm even typing this. Fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

It's this kind of aww-shucks vacuity that contributes to your constant crowd sourcing. I don't know why I'm even typing this. Fuck. 

It's telling that you think moderate language and tempered emotions (and my innate meekness) is vacuity aww-shucksness. Some of us are not still emotionally teenagers, you know?

• Fuck You 8

4 hours ago, TheAnimalTobacco said:

The question then is, what's fundamentally different from me, the big bad Animal Tobacco, and guys like Poe or Flatty or Ana or anyone else who dares to defy conventional wisdom, as it's accepted here, in a strident manner of speaking?

Fundamental difference, you don’t have the rep to last thru the fatwa.  You also have more people that follow you around and neg.  There are ~7-8 posters that make up 95%+ of the neg rep I’ve received in the last decade with this handle.   Only 2-3 of them routinely follow me to other threads and neg rep benign posts.  The remaining regularly neg me when I venture into their pond, which is whatever, OK. I routinely disagree with ~30 prolific posters, who’d I can’t recall ever negged me once. Or if they did, I likely deserved it, and was likely in their pond.  

The other thing you need to learn is there are posters here that you either treat with kid gloves, or you get a timeout.  I was called a racist, bigot, that I hate Trans/LBQT (dumb af) by the person I called fat; I got the week off for “shitposting”.  While banned, many insults followed in the same thread, even some very strong accusation:confession from the doc.  No shitposting there, though.  No timeouts levied.   

You aren’t on the same political team as 90% of the posters and don’t have time to build rep.   Looking at an impossible ask.  You are being crowdsourced.  My hands were slapped by management (2x in a decade, by the way) - that’s the difference.  Good luck CopenhagenLeopard.  

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Fundamental difference, you don’t have the rep to last thru the fatwa.  You also have more people that follow you around and neg.  There are ~7-8 posters that make up 95%+ of the neg rep I’ve received in the last decade with this handle.   Only 2-3 of them routinely follow me to other threads and neg rep benign posts.  The remaining regularly neg me when I venture into their pond, which is whatever, OK. I routinely disagree with ~30 prolific posters, who’d I can’t recall ever negged me once. Or if they did, I likely deserved it, and was likely in their pond.  

The other thing you need to learn is there are posters here that you either treat with kid gloves, or you get a timeout.  I was called a racist, bigot, that I hate Trans/LBQT (dumb af) by the person I called fat; I got the week off for “shitposting”.  While banned, many insults followed in the same thread, even some very strong accusation:confession from the doc.  No shitposting there, though.  No timeouts levied.   

You aren’t on the same political team as 90% of the posters and don’t have time to build rep.   Looking at an impossible ask.  You are being crowdsourced.  My hands were slapped by management (2x in a decade, by the way) - that’s the difference.  Good luck CopenhagenLeopard.  

You should have known that calling another person a "fat cunt" was gonna get you a time out. The preferred nomenclature here is "whale cunt". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

On 10/3/2023 at 11:32 AM, Brian Fantana said:

-100 I think. A lot harder than it sounds, you have to try really hard/be an actual piece of shit to get crowd sourced, and even then often not (see fattyflattie).

It was pretty easy. Occurred over a lunch. 

On 10/4/2023 at 9:09 AM, PvilleStang said:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.569cceb8582c2c35edfe0cc07c46fb47.png

He got me too. A neg (without a post) and the above PM gem. 

On 10/4/2023 at 12:37 PM, TheAnimalTobacco said:

Obsessed with outliving the witch hunt, I guess, sure. I'll plead guilty. 

But as I said, I just will keep my political opinions to myself and blend in on the other boards until some sort of sanity gets reintroduced. Not going on CR has actually been good for me anyways.

Dude you’re a fucking sad weirdo. You couldn’t blend in if you tried. Which you’re not trying to do. 

On 10/4/2023 at 1:50 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

I prefer to ridicule than neg. But I will if it’s hate. And if a poster is known for hate (whether racism or homophobia, etc) and they make a cute comment that is just their toes on the line, neg. Body of work is considered.

What about this comment? Curious to see where people stand. I am fucking excited for the game, so yes, I know the context.

a970dd2261224660d39ec6adf117f30c.jpg

Terrible. Fatty’s Feinstein remarks were fine. 

23 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Every snowflake is unique.