Texas vs ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

You people are fucking myopic idiots, maybe just fucking maybe the other team has something to say in the outcome. Maybe OU won it you fucking dipshit.

Fuck you bitch. After playing well all year we decide to start missing tackles without ref interference. OU deserved to win.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Turnovers killed us. Damn it Quinn

We had that blocked punt that offset their first score. The second turnover and the late series where we went 4&out both hurt but the 4&out was worse than the 2nd int. Really…we had the lead with 1min left. Our defense needed to make a play and they couldn’t even get close to in position. That lost the game. Ou came to fight and we came to play football.
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Mack wouldn't have faked that punt and gone for it on fourth.  Sark can make it close.  Enough tape to show Sark isn't THAT guy but he's good.  

He woke up this morning shitting his bed, just like Mack.

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

And if we finish 11-1?

That's a big if.

Rig XII officials will smell blood in the water after this game, and we won't get the calls the remainder of the season.  Would not be surprised if we manage to find a way to lose another game to a team we should beat handily, it's been a hallmark of this program for at least 20 years.

But I hope you're right.

Just now, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

lol at win out 

We just played the best team in the conference to the last whistle and 4 points after gifting them how many points? We should both run through this conference, and I like our chances in a rematch if we just clean some stuff up.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah that was the defense's worst game. Still...needed to convert that 3rd and 9. We do that and PK's unit never sees the field.

If you run it on 3rd and 9, you’re kind of committed to going to For it on 4th if you make it more than half the way. We pussed out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

Meh. Why are you on this board rn? That’s weird man.

Know lots of people here personally.  Lots of family in Austin.  Know the bobs / owners whatever you wanna call em.  Not around here talking shit.  If I was that type of fan, I'd never last here.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

It was said all week that the only way OU has a chance is if we turn the ball over. They came out on fire and we couldn’t execute early. This game felt like a reversal of the 2018 game. Ou played above their talent level, we played below. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Richter said:

It sucks to lose, but I’m feeling great about the trajectory of the program.  No quitting, lots of talent.  Lost because of mistakes against a team that was amped up and ready.

If they were more amped up then by definition we weren't ready.  You could see this coming a mile away.  We acted like we didn't have to fight for it for about 3 quarters.  

Head Coach is the head coach. I see basic shit the HC shouldn't allow go on all the time.
Wrap up on tackles. Wrap up the ball with both arms in heavy traffic.
The defense played pretty well early on. OU was running tempo and spreading the field. If the offense had produced earlier, would have been better. And also, Ewers starting the game in a funk falls on himself. He's not a freshman anymore. It's not his first big game either. His state of mind seems rather fragile and inconsistent to me. Maybe he just doesn't have it. I don't know, but he is hot/cold. Arm talent only takes you so far.
Majors getting hurt was a big deal. At least Robertson got some valuable reps, but hate to see it in this game.

Roberson played relatively well. I agree that Ewers fucked up.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I still do not know what we are doing on defense on that last drive. Playing it safe to not give up a quick score? They marched down the field in less than a minute and scored. You get up on receivers, collapse the pocket and send Ant Hill after the QB instead of watching Gbenda and Ford cover receivers 25 yards down field. Just a total fucking criminal job of defensive coaching. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Maybe I'm a football idoit.  But I don't see this much on ewers.  Sure he could've played better, and I expected more from all the hype.  But what happened to our lines?   Defense? Coaching?  Fuck.  

Ewers played great. Not great enough to overcome everything else, but still great.

Our oline was terrible, our pass rush was terrible. Our coverage was terrible.
  • Hook 'Em 3

I still do not know what we are doing on defense on that last drive. Playing it safe to not give up a quick score? They marched down the field in less than a minute and scored. You get up on receivers, collapse the pocket and send Ant Hill after the QB instead of watching Gbenda and Ford cover receivers 25 yards down field. Just a total fucking criminal job of defensive coaching. 

We didn’t collapse the pocket once all game…

Lots of pussy ass fans blaming the refs for this loss.

They missed calls the whole game for both sides.

We are a soft football culture and have been forever. It didn't start with Sally's cookies and orange slices. Mackovicks teams were soft too.

I don't know if it's the entitlement of playing for Texas and players think they have made it and don't care anymore.

We also think Austin is a recruiting advantage, but frankly if all you have to do in Tuscaloosa is play football and watch film.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

His let's have fun comment pregame was definitely a wtf moment.  Especially when you saw how both team came out.  

Yeah.  He also said they were on a business trip.  Texas went to a sales conference.  Oklahoma went to a war.  The game is a war.  Mack didn't understand this either.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1