Don’t fuck around, go win the Big 12

troph

Just now, TrashMaster G said:

Eh, I think maybe Minnesota is more like the texas a&m of the B1G.

Huge state school with decent success back before facemasks were a thing, largely underachieve now.

Or maybe Illinois.

Michigan State is a vet school
Texas A&M is a vet school

Michigan views Michigan State as it's annoying stepbrother that the game is a lose/lose scenario
Texas views Texas A&M as it's annoying stepbrother that the game is a lose/lose scenario

I could go on yes you are right MSU's basketball program >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> aggy but that also applies to Minnesota and yes the Spartans have won two national championships since aggy did but since the formation of the Big XII in 1996 both aggy & Sparty have 1 football conference title.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Michigan views Michigan State as it's annoying stepbrother that the game is a lose/lose scenario
Texas views Texas A&M as it's annoying stepbrother that the game is a lose/lose scenario

I could go on yes you are right MSU's basketball program >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> aggy but that also applies to Minnesota and yes the Spartans have won two national championships since aggy did but since the formation of the Big XII in 1996 both aggy & Sparty have 1 football conference title.

Yep.  One of my best friends is a lifelong Michigan fan and his sister went to MSU.

He then lived in Texas for 10 years and confirmed the comparisons re: Texas, aggy, and OU.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Fair enough.

But then, who is the Texas Tech of the B1G?

6 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Which B1G school has the most STDs? Start there

Rutgers students are the second most sexually active college students in the United States, according to a study conducted by collegestats.org.

Collegestats.org is a website that uses data collected from United States Department of Education to provide prospective students information about the schools they are applying to, including national ranking, ranking for individual degree programs and ranking for affordability. 

Rutgers' position as the second most sexually active campus was determined by DrEd.com, a free medical counseling website, used by collegestat.org to help students track their sexual exposure. The website ranked Temple University as the most sexually active campus, with Texas A&M coming in third behind Rutgers. 

The University is well above the national average in terms of student sexual exposure. The study averages that Rutgers students will have around 10 sexual partners during their four years at the University, well above the national average of five. The study used an algorithm to calculate the sexual exposure of 2,000 former and current college students that were surveyed.

Rutgers has long had a reputation for its sexual proclivity, earning the nickname “Slutgers." But, according to Rutgers Health Outreach, Promotion and Education (H.O.P.E.) the rumors are not valid. 

Research indicates the rumors of the “Rut” — a fictional STI presumed to originate at Rutgers — began in the early 1990s, when a study found that of a non-random sample of students that represented 3 percent of the female student population, 26 percent of the participants were infected with the HPV virus and an additional 43 percent became infected over the next three years. 

Scarlet Knights gettin' it!

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, PsychMike said:

Rutgers' position as the second most sexually active campus was determined by DrEd.com, a free medical counseling website, used by collegestat.org to help students track their sexual exposure. The website ranked Temple University as the most sexually active campus, with Texas A&M coming in third behind Rutgers. 

Says they're fucking.  Doesn't say WHAT they iz fucking

clifford-the-big-red-dog-angry-sheep.gif

• Haha 2

On 10/7/2023 at 5:01 PM, TexasGolf said:

Kansas 

Kansas doesn't have the guys in the trenches to hold up against OU. It looked like we were playing an FCS team when we played them. If Sark hadn't called off the dogs, we would have had around 800 yards of offense on them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, z009 said:

Kansas doesn't have the guys in the trenches to hold up against OU. It looked like we were playing an FCS team when we played them. If Sark hadn't called off the dogs, we would have had around 800 yards of offense on them. 

never underestimate OU's ability to suck (except at the Cotton Bowl).

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2

OUs OL and DL played with the most intensity and consistency they’ve shown all year this past weekend. Can they maintain that going forward?

They lost Andrel Anthony for the season, and plenty of other guys are pretty banged up.

They get an extra week to prepare for Kansas, but they’re going to BYU late. Everyone will be looking to play spoiler.

I’d be shocked if they made it to the CCG undefeated, but I’d love for our guys to be the first to knock them off this year. 

19 minutes ago, Atticus said:

OUs OL and DL played with the most intensity and consistency they’ve shown all year this past weekend. Can they maintain that going forward?

They lost Andrel Anthony for the season, and plenty of other guys are pretty banged up.

They get an extra week to prepare for Kansas, but they’re going to BYU late. Everyone will be looking to play spoiler.

I’d be shocked if they made it to the CCG undefeated, but I’d love for our guys to be the first to knock them off this year. 

From what I've seen, Anthony is the only guy that is actually out. The rest of their key guys seem to be fine. Their lines have played with consistency through all 6 of their games, particularly their DL. Also, Gabriel has had a clean pocket the entire year.

Edited by z009

On 10/9/2023 at 1:36 PM, ITHorn said:

I'm convinced nobody has actually watched WVU play this year. Let me break this down:

1. Lose by 23 to Penn State in a game that wasn't even that close.

2. Struggle initially against a terrible Duquesne team and eventually win 56-17.

3. Struggle and eventually overcome the horrible team that is 1-4 Pitt and wins 17-6. 

4. Destroy the Tech starting QB and a backup leads them to the goal line only to fail to score the tying TD as time expires. WVU wins 20-13.

5. WVU manages to hold on after TCU tries every way possible to give them the game on silver platter. WVU wins 24-21.

Bottom line, this team will not beat anyone with a halfway decent offense. UCF on the road,OU on the road and at least one of Houston,Cincy,BYU will get them as well. This is not a good football team. It's a decent defense with a horrific offense who has managed to be slightly less mediocre than everyone else on the schedule so far.

Well that played out nicely

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

Texas still does not control it's own destiny for CCG even if Horns win remaining 6 games...

Crazy tiebreaker B12 rules to qualify for CCG means Texas still needs both okie lite and wvu to lose another game.

Below info thanks to @Pancho 

IMG_0082.jpeg

Screenshot_2023-10-13-08-27-00_kindlephoto-2735709.thumb.png.1bee100d2aa8d784a08f9c82c2ff2e27.png

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Texas still does not control it's own destiny for CCG even if Horns win remaining 6 games...

Crazy tiebreaker B12 rules to qualify for B12 Championship game means Texas still needs both okie lite and wvu to lose another game.

IMG_0082.jpeg

Screenshot_2023-10-13-08-27-00_kindlephoto-2735709.thumb.png.1bee100d2aa8d784a08f9c82c2ff2e27.png

Yeah, I am sure the Okie State Cowboys are winning out after they got absolutely skullfucked by South Alabama L-O-FUCKING-L

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

In control of your own destiny is the best place to be. Win out and rematch with a likely top 4 Oklahoma in December should be the mission. What comes after that is an entirely new mission. 

Then yah gotta pull for another loss for okie lite, and the mountaineers...

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Crazy tiebreaker B12 rules to qualify for B12 Championship game means Texas still needs both okie lite and wvu to lose another game.

IMG_0082.jpeg

Theoretically possible but highly improbable. Oklahoma losing to WVU and them winning out is the most likely of the unlikely scenarios and the tie breaker to get in would be justified. Oklahoma state and WVU winning out is impossible because they play each other. Once they play one is eliminated and the other has no realistic chance to beat OU. 

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Yeah, I am sure the Okie State Cowboys are winning out after they got absolutely skullfucked by South Alabama L-O-FUCKING-L

Yeah, both those teams probably lose at least 1-2 more B12 games... but Texas does not currently control their destiny

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

In control of your own destiny is the best place to be. Win out and rematch with a likely top 4 Oklahoma in December should be the mission. What comes after that is an entirely new mission. 

Always helps when our players treat our only rivalry game like it’s the last game they’ll ever play. They didn’t. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

IMG_0082.jpeg

What am I missing ? Right now we look to control our destiny … and we have the head to head over Kansas (they will likely drop a game to OU).

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

Theoretically possible but highly improbable. Oklahoma losing to WVU and them winning out is the most likely of the unlikely scenarios and the tie breaker to get in would be justified. Oklahoma state and WVU winning out is impossible because they play each other. Once they play one is eliminated and the other has no realistic chance to beat OU. 

Great stuff...

😋 wvu plays okie lite next week. 😋

14 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Crazy tiebreaker B12 rules to qualify for CCG means Texas still needs both okie lite and wvu to lose another game.

IMG_0082.jpeg

I'll take "Things I Worry About Less than a Zombie Apocalypse" for $1000, Alex.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

Texas wins out and WVU wins out and I think Texas still goes, but just against WVU instead of Oklahoma which will be weird. Regardless there is no need to hope for crazy scenarios anymore. Win out and everything will take care of itself. 

Nope... wvu goes

wvu vs blOU

Edited by LTtxfan

13 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I think in the 3 way tie, all 3 teams must have played each other. If not, it makes one of the 3 tied teams (Texas) be at a disadvantage. So I *think* it then goes to common opponents:

I hate this fucking conference

IMG_0083.jpeg

This is what I see as well. WVU gets left out because of step #5

2 minutes ago, troph said:

then ranking, something that isn't stupid.

Record of conference opponents (I.e. strength of schedule) seems reasonable as a tiebreaker if you have two teams tied without a head to head game. The team who played the harder league schedule to the same record gets the advantage.

People!  West Virginia is not beating OU!!  Some of y’all didn’t watch the game last night.  They were only a 3 point favorite vs Houston last night and lost.  Houston that barley beat UTSA and lost to Rice..  Just win and we have no issues getting to the big 12 championship. 

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

People!  West Virginia is not beating OU!!  Some of y’all didn’t watch the game last night.  They were only a 3 point favorite vs Houston last night and lost.  Houston that barley beat Rice and UTSA.  Just win and theirs no issues.  

true but never underestimate blowUs ability to suck

they suck

OU sucks