Israel-Hamas war thread

Brisketexan

39 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

So does Egypt. There are transmissions lines and there is one open border checkpoint. That is where some of the UN aid comes through. 

There appear to be no open border points. This is from a WaPo article published at Noon CST https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/10/13/gaza-evacuation-hamas-israel-invasion/

image.thumb.png.bd0b7fb3239ef1b31b2f8000d13cb530.png

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Thank you, missed it. it was never completely open, hell they have a pretty big wall there. 

Yeah in typical Post fashion they leave out a key fact in order to create more tension about the situation for the reader. Good point.  I don't believe they did it to slant coverage because they have facts about the border crossings noted elsewhere.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

How did the day of Jihad go for the hamas guy from his Qatar penthouse suite? Besides the teacher in France getting stabbed to death and some armless guys running to the Israeli border in Jordan, anything significant or did everyone just kinda say “you do it”?

A coupla subcommittees had some long strategy meetings.  Then, there was a charrete of everyone who wants to kill all the jews.  It got awkward, as the Austin City Council heard the word "charrete" and came running.  But then they realized what the meeting was actually about, and quickly tried to steer the meeting to their plan to achieve peace in the middle east:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

A coupla subcommittees had some long strategy meetings.  Then, there was a charrete of everyone who wants to kill all the jews.  It got awkward, as the Austin City Council heard the word "charrete" and came running.  But then they realized what the meeting was actually about, and quickly tried to steer the meeting to their plan to achieve peace in the middle east:

I thought they also announced a new City program, Bombs for Bikes™ (or free compost!) ?

4 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I have to think that Mossad is calling in the old Nazi-hunters for pointers on how to make sure certain lives end painfully and quickly in luxurious Qatari hotel bathtubs.  Let the next generation know that leadership jobs are blood in, blood out. 

image.gif.c17f576947bd527b52bb96d112182f80.gif

I’m not advocating for it,  but if you want to send a message you take your time and record it.

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I have to think that Mossad is calling in the old Nazi-hunters for pointers on how to make sure certain lives end painfully and quickly in luxurious Qatari hotel bathtubs.  Let the next generation know that leadership jobs are blood in, blood out. 

image.gif.c17f576947bd527b52bb96d112182f80.gif

Well they need it after their 2009 debacle in Dubai. And they still got him. 

https://www.spiegel.de/international/world/an-eye-for-an-eye-the-anatomy-of-mossad-s-dubai-operation-a-739908.html

He knew that he was a dead man. From the moment he shot the Israeli soldier sitting on the car seat behind him in the face, he knew that they would get him sooner or later.

For Mahmoud al-Mabhouh, it would take 20 years for that day to come. At about noon on Jan. 20, 2010, employees at the Al Bustan Rotana airport hotel in Dubai opened the door of room 230 to find the body of a man on the bed. According to the death certificate, the cause of death was "brain hemorrhage."

At the time, no one knew who exactly the dead man was. Mabhouh was considered to be the chief weapons negotiator for Hamas, the Palestinian organization's main contact to Tehran and the logistician behind rocket attacks on Israel coming from the Gaza Strip

11 minutes ago, Deej said:

Enjoy ACL this weekend, everyone!

Doubt I would go without the ongoing bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

What’s amazing is that if Hamas had used their operational surprise to only target military personnel, equipment, and security infrastructure the mood really could have been a lot different. 

100%

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, Deej said:

Like cowardly school shooters, they only wanted soft targets. 

There was a successful raid of military installations and there’s OSINT lists of confirmed Merkavas and other armor destroyed. Hell, they could have even taken POWs and announced their names and IDs and assured the world that they would be treated under the laws of war. There’d for sure be a fight but the whole international scene would have been different. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nivek said:

Why do you feel the need to write this?  First of all, it is coming from Elon's Twitter, which is known for shit posting, misinformation, and outright bullshit being thrown about.  Trusting in any single post that is not from a reputable known journalistic source is silly.   Reacting to it is a bit stupid.    

Second,  not one single person on this website has ever said Israel passed a purity test.  That all their actions have been great and justified.   I like Sark, but I think he has fucked up before.  He just has to minimize the fuck-ups to be successful, not eliminate them.    I can both like him and be critical.   

Only idiots and computers think in binary.  

First, have we established it's a real story yet?  Because we've now seen it across multiple platforms.  And as pointed out before, it is consistent with previous Israeli practice.

Which brings us to . . . 

Second, I don't even know what you're talking about.  Who said anybody needs to be perfect?  I simply observed that arbitrarily bulldozing private property without due process of law is tyrannical.  And if the government were to do that to virtually any American, he would rightly regard that as justification to revolt against the tyrannical government.

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

First, have we established it's a real story yet?  Because we've now seen it across multiple platforms.  And as pointed out before, it is consistent with previous Israeli practice.

Which brings us to . . . 

Second, I don't even know what you're talking about.  Who said anybody needs to be perfect?  I simply observed that arbitrarily bulldozing private property without due process of law is tyrannical.  And if the government were to do that to virtually any American, he would rightly regard that as justification to revolt against the tyrannical government.

"Due process of law"

Goodfellas GIF

This isn't America, dude. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

So no giant march on the Israeli border today? No terrorist attacks worldwide like everyone thought? 

Calling for it and it happening are two different things. Like the yankees having a MLB team and winning the WS. 

After Fallujah went down it took 2 weeks for the Mullahs to go off. This shit is no where close to done. And sorry, guess only 1 dead teacher and an Israeli stabbed in China are not good enough.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Why not ask the French high school teacher who was stabbed to death?

Seriously, what the fuck kind of question was that?l helo dunking on a lack of reported deaths 

Edited by B00M
I typed this too fast… it needed commas and shit
  • Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Why not ask the French high school teacher who was stabbed to death?

That’s tragic and it shouldn’t have happened. You also have to admit it’s a far cry from the worldwide large-scale terrorist attacks everyone in this thread was saying would happen today. The leader of hamas asking for the 2 billion Muslims of the world to commit violence today and only a handful answering his call seems newsworthy. I don’t think Hamas has the support they think they do to win. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That’s tragic and it shouldn’t have happened. You also have to admit it’s a far cry from the worldwide large-scale terrorist attacks everyone in this thread was saying would happen today. The leader of hamas asking for the 2 billion Muslims of the world to commit violence today and only a handful answering his call seems newsworthy. I don’t think Hamas has the support they think they do to win. 

Why did you not answer me? I gave you an example. You think shit just happens overnight in these instances? With political groups involved? 

And I did not see anyone saying large scale attacks. I think this board was pretty accurate, lone attacks, never know where, etc. 

You ma'am, are wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Hamas was never going to win.
But best case, hamas doesn’t demand enough respect in the Muslim community for the call to jihad to amount to many bodies. Awesome. Maybe Iran will accept a strategic victory, preventing israel-Saudi normalization and just watch the bloodshed in Gaza.

1 hour ago, B00M said:

Hamas was never going to win.
But best case, hamas doesn’t demand enough respect in the Muslim community for the call to jihad to amount to many bodies. Awesome. Maybe Iran will accept a strategic victory, preventing israel-Saudi normalization and just watch the bloodshed in Gaza.

I'd say Iran (and Qatar) are breathing a bit of a sigh of relief - let's say there had been a large number of attacks after the call to jihad.  Dozens or hundreds of attacks killing dozens or even hundreds of innocent people around the world, but concentrated in the Middle East, US and Europe, from dead kids to the elderly, Jewish and non-Jewish.  

I don't think that would end well for Iran or Qatar - Qatar would be told to kick out Hamas leadership in very short order or wind up joining Iran on the sanctions list (regardless of how close they are with the US) and Iran, well a lot of their ships are already being stopped, searched, and having contraband cargo confiscated by the US, the Brits, and others, but I wouldn't put it past a coalition building up and making a few strikes inside of Iran.

Iran does not want to be in a position to cause other countries to have to do something to please the folks back home, and dead kids will do that.  Iran also has plenty of young people who have been rising up here and there over the last year over the assaults on women by the religious police, and I'd imagine that a few strategic strikes against their military and their leadership would get the youth out in the streets.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

It can be used for smoke in a pinch.  We never fired that many of them due their propensity to start grass fires.  From my memory, which is getting more sieve-like by the day, WP rounds were the heaviest 60mm rounds, so we most frequently used them as the first rounds fired, to set our base plates firmly in the soil.  They also make pretty cool mushroom clouds, like micro nukes.

WP is the only smoke rounds we have, right?

I was talking to a friend about this and I asked how Mossad failed so miserably and he said they just didn't think Hamas would do something so stupid.  He thinks a faction carried it out.  Then Hamas as a whole try to go with the momentum of a successful attack to roll harder.  But when they turned around there wasnt much support so now they are trying to walk back what they did because they are now staring at a pissed off Israel who has taken the gloves off and no one is trying to restrain them.  Hamas is going to get pummeled to death.

• Hook 'Em 2

Talking to a few older dudes. One in an Israeli Police Colonel retired. His thought was they relied way to much on tech, ya know, cute shit, and not what was being said in the market. His take is advertisements about capabilities are so well known that they went silent. Instead of emails operatives were given a print out. A few US sources agree. Waiting to see what the brits say. 

• Hook 'Em 8

6 minutes ago, TexasIsBetter said:

Or Netanyahu knew something was going to happen and let it; and now has a convenient excuse to wipe out Gaza. 

Yeah, I'm not so sure that he would commit treason and allow over 1000 Israelis to be brutally murdered (the equivalent of 40,000 US citizens).

• Hook 'Em 4

Why did you not answer me? I gave you an example. You think shit just happens overnight in these instances? With political groups involved? 
And I did not see anyone saying large scale attacks. I think this board was pretty accurate, lone attacks, never know where, etc. 
You ma'am, are wrong. 

It wasn’t over night. It was called for very early in the week. It prompted schools to close, and beefed up security forces so america took it seriously, which is good.

I don’t think helo was trying to dunk on anyone here…it’s more of an egg to the face of the leader staked out in Qatar. I’m gonna guess the leader wanted more than just a stabbed teacher in France when he called for it, no?
  • Hook 'Em 1