Israel-Hamas war thread

Brisketexan

Hamas received millions of dollars through cryptocurrency exchange with office in Moscow City - The Wall Street Journal

The Palestinian Jihad group allegedly received more than $93 million dollars through digital wallets on the eve of its attack on Israel. Hamas also used a similar funding scheme.

WSJ, citing data from the analytical company Elliptic, states that the attack on Israel was partially financed through the popular crypto exchange Garantex, registered in Moscow.

• Rage+1 6

6 hours ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

WP is the only smoke rounds we have, right?

It's been many years since I dealt with it, but a quick search shows that there are three smoke rounds available for NATO/US tube artillery: HC, WP smoke, and WP incendiary. These are for use in 155mm guns.

I know that the WP rounds for 60mm and 81mm mortars are incendiary rounds that don't produce much smoke.  Well, aside from the smoke from the fires they start.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

It wasn’t over night. It was called for very early in the week. It prompted schools to close, and beefed up security forces so america took it seriously, which is good.

I don’t think helo was trying to dunk on anyone here…it’s more of an egg to the face of the leader staked out in Qatar. I’m gonna guess the leader wanted more than just a stabbed teacher in France when he called for it, no?

That is overnight. Want to mobilize crazies? Shit takes planning, etc. The murder in France and China were lone wolfs. I would watch this week. I think he was. I see what he posts in the Baseball thread. Read his post again. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

It wasn’t over night. It was called for very early in the week. It prompted schools to close, and beefed up security forces so america took it seriously, which is good.

I don’t think helo was trying to dunk on anyone here…it’s more of an egg to the face of the leader staked out in Qatar. I’m gonna guess the leader wanted more than just a stabbed teacher in France when he called for it, no?

BTW. This is what he wrote. 

You also have to admit it’s a far cry from the worldwide large-scale terrorist attacks everyone in this thread was saying would happen today.

BTW. This is what he wrote. 
You also have to admit it’s a far cry from the worldwide large-scale terrorist attacks everyone in this thread was saying would happen today.

When Hamas calls for a day of jihad on Friday the 13th…we should really be watching Wednesday the 18th ?

Look I don’t doubt there’ll be global terrorism attack fall outs from this. But a call for worldwide jihad and for it to amount to a couple of stabbings, Hamas probably realizing his support isn’t as big as he thought?
  • Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

When Hamas calls for a day of jihad on Friday the 13th…we should really be watching Wednesday the 18th ?

Look I don’t doubt there’ll be global terrorism attack fall outs from this. But a call for worldwide jihad and for it to amount to a couple of stabbings, Hamas probably realizing his support isn’t as big as he thought?

Just pointing out what he said. And yes, shit builds up. And the date would be the 20th. 

Lone wolfs will continue, and they give zero fucks about a certain day. Next Friday I expect some larger protests in the Muslim, primarily Arab, world. Did you see the videos from Iraq? They are claiming 100K marched. Those fuckers know how to organize and fight. Dubai, Oman? Nah, that takes a bit of time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

The most likely explanation is that he dismissed intelligence warnings because he didn't actually take Hamas seriously as a credible threat and was focused on his own corruption and domestic political bullshit. But he's absolutely the type of asshole who when something like this happens, is first gleeful about the opportunity to do violence in response rather than mournful about the Israeli lives lost. And he sure as hell will never accept any responsibility for his horrible failures that allowed it to happen. 

Is this news or your hot take?

I don’t think it’s appropriate to post news which indicates that Hamas funding may substantial sources In Russian backed crypto.  That may look to some Americans who support Israel that Russia is a bad actor in both the Middle East and Ukraine.  They may hurt feelings and we will have to have the site shut down 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, YGIFS said:

I don’t think it’s appropriate to post news which indicates that Hamas funding may substantial sources In Russian backed crypto.  That may look to some Americans who support Israel that Russia is a bad actor in both the Middle East and Ukraine.  They may hurt feelings and we will have to have the site shut down 

There are lots of possible explanations. They are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

1) Russia helped plan the attack to increase their chances of winning in Ukraine

2) Hamas wanted untraceable money and used crypto so it couldn't be easily traced

3) A Russian crypto was the only viable avenue that Hamas could use for international funding

4) Russia wasn't involved directly but saw an avenue to spread unrest

5) It was a regular occurrence that just happened to coincide with the attack

Are there more possibilities?

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

There are lots of possible explanations. They are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

1) Russia helped plan the attack to increase their chances of winning in Ukraine

2) Hamas wanted untraceable money and used crypto so it couldn't be easily traced

3) A Russian crypto was the only viable avenue that Hamas could use for international funding

Borat wanted to throw the Jews down the well

• Haha 2

It’s possible you’re an asshole?
  • Haha 1

Some stuff from a Facebook friend.

image.thumb.jpeg.d270c4e9befc47afcdf492025a043a9a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2248fd8a1512332138aa4049afe46c60.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f7c604734284a50c019308480e6f1326.jpeg

image.jpeg.4973823aa9fad0b722641ca7ee509ed8.jpeg

Noa's family asked to share that she was kidnapped in the Gaza Strip, in order to become aware and raise awareness about the kidnapping! Share the post at the request of the family!!!

Edited by Bevo
  • Rage+1 2

10 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Noa's family asked to share that she was kidnapped in the Gaza Strip, in order to become aware and raise awareness about the kidnapping! Share the post at the request of the family!!!

I could have sworn there's a dumbass shit we see on Facebook thread.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, Bevo said:

There was a video of an interrogation of a captured Hamas terrorist. He was asked why they took the women and he said “to dirty them, to rape them”. Then they asked why the children and he said “to rape them”. 

I don’t think these are coming back. Maybe the children will be sold instead of killed. 

2 minutes ago, statsman said:

There was a video of an interrogation of a captured Hamas terrorist. He was asked why they took the women and he said “to dirty them, to rape them”. Then they asked why the children and he said “to rape them”. 

I don’t think these are coming back. Maybe the children will be sold instead of killed. 

Yeah, there was something on CNN where the father was happy that his daughter was found dead. His thoughts were that his child would have been raped and continuously scared and that death was better than torture.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4

‘I was shot three times by Hamas terrorists – football’s silence has been a form of racism’

Ayal Young, an Israeli Spurs fan, speaks to The Telegraph about having to defend his home from a harrowing attack by Hamas last weekend

By Matt Law, Football News Correspondent12 October 2023 • 5:29pm

Ayal Young first made sure his wife and four children were in the safe room of their house in Alumim, Israel, about three-and-a-half kilometres from the border with the Gaza Strip, before he reached for his gun, ammunition and bulletproof vest.

‌Red alert alarms are not uncommon in the kibbutz in which Mr Young was born and has lived all his life. But something felt different about Saturday morning, even before messages started to drop on the WhatsApp local safety group to say gunshots had been heard.

Mr Young, a Tottenham Hotspur supporter, whose parents were born in London before moving to Israel in the 1970s, spoke to Telegraph Sport from his hospital bed in Beersheba on Thursday morning. He was in the first stages of recovery from surgery on gunshot wounds that caused damage to his shoulder and lung. A gash on his cheek shows where one bullet almost made an impact.

‘I took my vest and ammunition and went out to protect the kibbutz’

Amid the loud beeps of the hospital machinery monitoring his condition, 36-year-old Mr Young, who works for a defence company, was matter-of-fact about his response to hearing that his kibbutz was under attack by Hamas terrorists.

“We woke up at about 6.20am from the red alert,” he says, “and we ran to the safe room with our two girls. The boys sleep in the safe room, so they were already there. Then I told my wife I had to go to get my phone. We are religious, so we don’t use our phones on a Saturday, but I got them because I felt it was something different. I don’t know why.

‌“Then at about 6.50am, we started to get messages from other people in the safety group that they could hear weapons and shooting very near the kibbutz. I told my wife to stay inside, lock the doors, don’t open them. I have a weapon for defence and I took it with my vest and ammunition and went out. I went out to protect the kibbutz.”

He is part of the designated “guard” for his kibbutz. He had been in the Israeli army for seven years and is a company commander in the army’s reserve. The rest of his company have since been called to the north of the country. Will he join them? “If my wife will let me go, but now I’m focusing on getting better,” he says.

The aftermath of the attack on the Alumim Kibbutz Credit: Flash90/Yossi Zamir

Mr Young believes he saw the aftermath of the slaughter of 17 Thai nationals who work at the kibbutz. He took care of a group of Nepalis. Then he was forced to use his own weapon.

“At the beginning, we ran to where the foreign workers live, near the cow shed,” he says. “The Hamas terrorists were already there. They killed two Nepalis and injured five more, who we took care of. Then we told everyone to stay in the safe room and not to go out.

“From there, we went to the main gate because we heard there were terrorists over there. We saw some guys from the army and they shot the terrorists. There were about 15 or 20. Then we ran from one place to another. They told us it was safe to collect our radios from storage so we could talk easily and not by the phones on WhatsApp.

‘I was shot in the cheek, then shot a Hamas commander’

“We ran to collect the radios, turned them on and at about 9am to 9.30am, my neighbour, who was part of the guarding group, called us. He told us he could see many terrorists running towards the kibbutz.

“We went towards him. He was injured because he got shot in his hands. We saw two terrorists hiding behind the fence of the kibbutz, waving and shouting to the others to come. I saw at least 12, 14, maybe even more, just running to the kibbutz.

“So another friend and I went to another place, so we could see if they came. I think that’s when they got in and shot the other foreign workers. It was a massacre. I think that’s when they shot the 17 Thai workers. My friend got shot in his leg and I shot the guy who hit him. I got a bullet in my cheek. It just scratched my cheek, thankfully. I shot him back and I killed him, and later they told me he was one of the Hamas commanders because they found maps on him and other stuff. Then I got shot in the shoulder.”

“Eventually, they could evacuate me to a nurse in the kibbutz who lives just behind my house and she stabilised me,” he says. “Her husband said they must evacuate me, otherwise I’d be in a very bad condition.

“So he put me in his private car. First he took out the seats so I could lie on the floor while they were shooting at us. He was driving like mad. He took me to an ambulance and the ambulance took me to hospital where I had surgery. I had surgery and I feel a bit better now.”

‘My wife and kids stayed in the safe room for 26 hours’

Mr Young learnt that his family were safe before going in for his surgery. His parents, who live in Alumim, were also able to leave the kibbutz in relative safety.

Ayal Young and his father Credit: Ayal Young

“I spoke to my family once while I was not with them to check they were ok. I told them again not to go out, no matter what they hear. [I told them] not to go out because we knew there were terrorists inside the kibbutz who came not to defend themselves. They came to massacre and kill whoever they could see.

“My wife and kids stayed in the safe room for about 24 to 26 hours. At the beginning, they had no food or water but my wife told the kids to stay inside and she went into the house to get water and something to eat and then she ran back. She brought big cups too so they could pee there and not go out.

“They left the safe room on Sunday morning in my car, which had been damaged by gunshots. When they got out of the main gate, my wife told my kids to close their eyes and not look out of the windows, so they didn’t see the horrors.”

The path of destruction left after the attack Credit: Yossi Zamir

Mr Young spent his 11th wedding anniversary with his wife in hospital on Wednesday. He has not been able to bring himself to study the list of names and the pictures of those who have died. 

“I almost didn’t look at the list of names and pictures because I don’t want it to take me down,” Mr Young says. “But I saw at least one friend who is dead, a friend from the army. One of my friends from a kibbutz nearby is still missing from Saturday.”

‘When it’s against the Jews and the Israelis, football does not say anything’

Shortly after his surgery, Young received a video message from Manor Solomon, Tottenham’s Israeli winger. It was a small boost in desperate times. The Football Association and the Premier League have announced there will be a minute’s silence ahead of games and players will wear black armbands as a mark of respect to “all those affected in Israel and Gaza”, but there has been no recognition of the terrorism Mr Young experienced.

“I think it’s very important for football to say something because they always say there is no place for racism,” says Mr Young, who is a member of the Spurs Israel supporters’ group. “But not saying anything is racism. When it’s [atrocities] against the Jews and the Israelis, they don’t say anything. In other cases, there were a lot of statements, but now you cannot hear anything.

“I’m not looking for recognition. But I just feel every community should be treated equally by football. It’s a bit disappointing, but I am trying not to be negative because I need to look at positive stuff and things to make me stronger and not negative things that could make me weak. But if something was said, it would make me feel more positive, yes.”

On the impact of Mr Solomon’s message, Mr Young, who made his first visit to Tottenham’s new stadium at the start of August on a tour, says: “ I don’t know who got to him but it was very nice to see after the surgery. My wife sent it to me on WhatsApp on Sunday or Monday. It was really nice.”

Ayal comes from a family of Tottenham fans Credit: Ayal Young

“I’ve been to White Hart Lane, I’ve been to Wembley to watch Spurs and it was my first visit to the new stadium, for a tour at the start of August. It’s amazing. Everyone in my family is a Tottenham fan. My parents raised us as Spurs fans. My dad is a supporter and my mum used to come from Westcliff [on-Sea, Essex] for the Sunday games, or midweek games, on the train and leave the game five minutes before the end so she and her cousin could get the last train back to Westcliff. I watch Tottenham games in Israel on TV.”

Mr Young describes living so close to Gaza as “90 per cent paradise and 10 per cent hell”, but has no doubt that he and his family will return to the home he left with his gun and bulletproof vest on Saturday morning.

“Right now, we are in even more than 10 per cent [hell], but we know we will have better days,” he says. “We will continue to live here and fight for normal life. We will return to our home because we have no other option.”

image.png

image.png

• Fuck You 3

27 minutes ago, Bevo said:

‘I was shot three times by Hamas terrorists – football’s silence has been a form of racism’

Ayal Young, an Israeli Spurs fan, speaks to The Telegraph about having to defend his home from a harrowing attack by Hamas last weekend

By Matt Law, Football News Correspondent12 October 2023 • 5:29pm

Ayal Young first made sure his wife and four children were in the safe room of their house in Alumim, Israel, about three-and-a-half kilometres from the border with the Gaza Strip, before he reached for his gun, ammunition and bulletproof vest.

‌Red alert alarms are not uncommon in the kibbutz in which Mr Young was born and has lived all his life. But something felt different about Saturday morning, even before messages started to drop on the WhatsApp local safety group to say gunshots had been heard.

Mr Young, a Tottenham Hotspur supporter, whose parents were born in London before moving to Israel in the 1970s, spoke to Telegraph Sport from his hospital bed in Beersheba on Thursday morning. He was in the first stages of recovery from surgery on gunshot wounds that caused damage to his shoulder and lung. A gash on his cheek shows where one bullet almost made an impact.

‘I took my vest and ammunition and went out to protect the kibbutz’

Amid the loud beeps of the hospital machinery monitoring his condition, 36-year-old Mr Young, who works for a defence company, was matter-of-fact about his response to hearing that his kibbutz was under attack by Hamas terrorists.

“We woke up at about 6.20am from the red alert,” he says, “and we ran to the safe room with our two girls. The boys sleep in the safe room, so they were already there. Then I told my wife I had to go to get my phone. We are religious, so we don’t use our phones on a Saturday, but I got them because I felt it was something different. I don’t know why.

‌“Then at about 6.50am, we started to get messages from other people in the safety group that they could hear weapons and shooting very near the kibbutz. I told my wife to stay inside, lock the doors, don’t open them. I have a weapon for defence and I took it with my vest and ammunition and went out. I went out to protect the kibbutz.”

He is part of the designated “guard” for his kibbutz. He had been in the Israeli army for seven years and is a company commander in the army’s reserve. The rest of his company have since been called to the north of the country. Will he join them? “If my wife will let me go, but now I’m focusing on getting better,” he says.

The aftermath of the attack on the Alumim Kibbutz Credit: Flash90/Yossi Zamir

Mr Young believes he saw the aftermath of the slaughter of 17 Thai nationals who work at the kibbutz. He took care of a group of Nepalis. Then he was forced to use his own weapon.

“At the beginning, we ran to where the foreign workers live, near the cow shed,” he says. “The Hamas terrorists were already there. They killed two Nepalis and injured five more, who we took care of. Then we told everyone to stay in the safe room and not to go out.

“From there, we went to the main gate because we heard there were terrorists over there. We saw some guys from the army and they shot the terrorists. There were about 15 or 20. Then we ran from one place to another. They told us it was safe to collect our radios from storage so we could talk easily and not by the phones on WhatsApp.

‘I was shot in the cheek, then shot a Hamas commander’

“We ran to collect the radios, turned them on and at about 9am to 9.30am, my neighbour, who was part of the guarding group, called us. He told us he could see many terrorists running towards the kibbutz.

“We went towards him. He was injured because he got shot in his hands. We saw two terrorists hiding behind the fence of the kibbutz, waving and shouting to the others to come. I saw at least 12, 14, maybe even more, just running to the kibbutz.

“So another friend and I went to another place, so we could see if they came. I think that’s when they got in and shot the other foreign workers. It was a massacre. I think that’s when they shot the 17 Thai workers. My friend got shot in his leg and I shot the guy who hit him. I got a bullet in my cheek. It just scratched my cheek, thankfully. I shot him back and I killed him, and later they told me he was one of the Hamas commanders because they found maps on him and other stuff. Then I got shot in the shoulder.”

“Eventually, they could evacuate me to a nurse in the kibbutz who lives just behind my house and she stabilised me,” he says. “Her husband said they must evacuate me, otherwise I’d be in a very bad condition.

“So he put me in his private car. First he took out the seats so I could lie on the floor while they were shooting at us. He was driving like mad. He took me to an ambulance and the ambulance took me to hospital where I had surgery. I had surgery and I feel a bit better now.”

‘My wife and kids stayed in the safe room for 26 hours’

Mr Young learnt that his family were safe before going in for his surgery. His parents, who live in Alumim, were also able to leave the kibbutz in relative safety.

Ayal Young and his father Credit: Ayal Young

“I spoke to my family once while I was not with them to check they were ok. I told them again not to go out, no matter what they hear. [I told them] not to go out because we knew there were terrorists inside the kibbutz who came not to defend themselves. They came to massacre and kill whoever they could see.

“My wife and kids stayed in the safe room for about 24 to 26 hours. At the beginning, they had no food or water but my wife told the kids to stay inside and she went into the house to get water and something to eat and then she ran back. She brought big cups too so they could pee there and not go out.

“They left the safe room on Sunday morning in my car, which had been damaged by gunshots. When they got out of the main gate, my wife told my kids to close their eyes and not look out of the windows, so they didn’t see the horrors.”

The path of destruction left after the attack Credit: Yossi Zamir

Mr Young spent his 11th wedding anniversary with his wife in hospital on Wednesday. He has not been able to bring himself to study the list of names and the pictures of those who have died. 

“I almost didn’t look at the list of names and pictures because I don’t want it to take me down,” Mr Young says. “But I saw at least one friend who is dead, a friend from the army. One of my friends from a kibbutz nearby is still missing from Saturday.”

‘When it’s against the Jews and the Israelis, football does not say anything’

Shortly after his surgery, Young received a video message from Manor Solomon, Tottenham’s Israeli winger. It was a small boost in desperate times. The Football Association and the Premier League have announced there will be a minute’s silence ahead of games and players will wear black armbands as a mark of respect to “all those affected in Israel and Gaza”, but there has been no recognition of the terrorism Mr Young experienced.

“I think it’s very important for football to say something because they always say there is no place for racism,” says Mr Young, who is a member of the Spurs Israel supporters’ group. “But not saying anything is racism. When it’s [atrocities] against the Jews and the Israelis, they don’t say anything. In other cases, there were a lot of statements, but now you cannot hear anything.

“I’m not looking for recognition. But I just feel every community should be treated equally by football. It’s a bit disappointing, but I am trying not to be negative because I need to look at positive stuff and things to make me stronger and not negative things that could make me weak. But if something was said, it would make me feel more positive, yes.”

On the impact of Mr Solomon’s message, Mr Young, who made his first visit to Tottenham’s new stadium at the start of August on a tour, says: “ I don’t know who got to him but it was very nice to see after the surgery. My wife sent it to me on WhatsApp on Sunday or Monday. It was really nice.”

Ayal comes from a family of Tottenham fans Credit: Ayal Young

“I’ve been to White Hart Lane, I’ve been to Wembley to watch Spurs and it was my first visit to the new stadium, for a tour at the start of August. It’s amazing. Everyone in my family is a Tottenham fan. My parents raised us as Spurs fans. My dad is a supporter and my mum used to come from Westcliff [on-Sea, Essex] for the Sunday games, or midweek games, on the train and leave the game five minutes before the end so she and her cousin could get the last train back to Westcliff. I watch Tottenham games in Israel on TV.”

Mr Young describes living so close to Gaza as “90 per cent paradise and 10 per cent hell”, but has no doubt that he and his family will return to the home he left with his gun and bulletproof vest on Saturday morning.

“Right now, we are in even more than 10 per cent [hell], but we know we will have better days,” he says. “We will continue to live here and fight for normal life. We will return to our home because we have no other option.”

image.png

image.png

Dude quit fucking threadshitting. First all of that stupid Facebook "repost this" crap now you're posting entire articles in here. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 2

On 10/13/2023 at 6:28 PM, Ghost of LL said:

First, have we established it's a real story yet?  Because we've now seen it across multiple platforms.  And as pointed out before, it is consistent with previous Israeli practice.

Which brings us to . . . 

Second, I don't even know what you're talking about.  Who said anybody needs to be perfect?  I simply observed that arbitrarily bulldozing private property without due process of law is tyrannical.  And if the government were to do that to virtually any American, he would rightly regard that as justification to revolt against the tyrannical government.

Not sure what you didn't understand.  I simply stated it is odd to me that so many posters attempt to justify themselves when it comes to Israel and criticism of it.  

23 minutes ago, Viper said:

Iranian convoy bombed at the Iraqi/Syrian border

Iran has also recently asked their citizens to volunteer to fight for Hamas/Hezbollah 

@Bozo_Casanova posted on the shitshow thread over there —> that Iran has warned Israel Iran will join the war if the attacks on Gaza don’t stop and that Iran and Hamas met recently in Qatar.

2 hours ago, Viper said:

I just wanted to point out more misinformation and the Twitter account behind it so no one here is fooled

It’s all by design. Elmo has redesigned Twitter to favor misinformation by removing all semblance of verified personal accounts, and he financially rewards those whose tweets go viral.   The only ones that can really get pulled down are the explicit ones.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Some are good. Rando twitter bullshit isn't. Same as it ever was.

no, they aren't. Nothing except from the ex-general who tweets occasionally are even remotely good and he does a great job of keeping random speculation out of it and just goes off of this is how this works type tweets.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, immamac said:

no, they aren't. Nothing except from the ex-general who tweets occasionally are even remotely good and he does a great job of keeping random speculation out of it and just goes off of this is how this works type tweets.

There are plenty of good lists on X that post updates worth reading and sharing . If you are scrolling through the “for you” on X then you are doing it wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1