Wulaw Horn

15 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

The same drugs that think a Sark led offense is going to score 50 points. That our all star group of receivers will be utilized properly and that our secondary isn’t that bad

Not sure what else you expect from a group (including RBs) that averages 21 catches a game at 13 yards a catch. The offense has 13 passing touchdowns and 14 rushing touchdowns. It's not like we favor passing over rushing. Our problems are situational play calling, and average as grits interior oline play more so than the skill positions.

• Hook 'Em 5

I'll say the same thing I said when everyone was freaking out WVU would run the table and keep us out of the CCG: Have you even watched BYU this year? You guys are freaking out over a team who is hanging its hat on beating a 2 win horrific Arkansas team and a garbage broken down Tech? This is a team who throws for 220 yards a night on a good night. Slovis was so bad he couldn't start on this two win Pitt team this year. Of all the teams we have left this year, BYU is probably the one we should be concerned about the least. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, ITHorn said:

I'll say the same thing I said when everyone was freaking out WVU would run the table and keep us out of the CCG: Have you even watched BYU this year? You guys are freaking out over a team who is hanging its hat on beating a 2 win horrific Arkansas team and a garbage broken down Tech? This is a team who throws for 220 yards a night on a good night. Slovis was so bad he couldn't start on this two win Pitt team this year. Of all the teams we have left this year, BYU is probably the one we should be concerned about the least. 

We were saying this about Houston last week. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

Quinn suffered when he'd anticipate the pass rush, not set his feet, and throw a high school pass. I've not seen him run, but I don't see where Maalik would overly concern himself with a pass rusher.

After practice, the receivers need to stay late and turn the JUGS machine up to 11. Failing that, find an M40 recoilless rifle and practice with that.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, GoldAppleCorps said:

Quinn suffered when he'd anticipate the pass rush, not set his feet, and throw a high school pass. I've not seen him run, but I don't see where Maalik would overly concern himself with a pass rusher.

After practice, the receivers need to stay late and turn the JUGS machine up to 11. Failing that, find an M40 recoilless rifle and practice with that.

Maalik can scramble a bit, but he’s easily the slowest of the three main QBs. He also has or had bad feet, which probably contributes to his below average accuracy. 

22 minutes ago, ITHorn said:

I've watched BYU multiple times and while I agree mostly with your sentiments, I also consider that they have multiple coaches on the field, including some who will likely be running crossing routes with their undersized whiteboy bodies, and it scares me to death.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ITHorn said:

Their offense is last in rushing and over 70th in passing. They are ass. 

Edited by Da Fino
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 10/23/2023 at 2:03 PM, Skipper said:

How many years have you watched college football?  Serious question.  Do you not appreciate that it's rare for any inexperienced QB to just step in any play well?  Nobody is knocking MM.  They are explaining reality.  Sark's gameplan is not going to be to throw it 40+ times with a first time starter.  

i mean, have you watched how backups tend to play against us? 

Edited by FORTY NINE TO ZERO
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Among the 38 teams in the entire FBS universe that Texas has played 5 times or more, there are only six we have an all-time losing record against, and ranked in order of W/L record the worst is against BYU.

Someone tell Sark to post this in the locker room for some motivation.

W L T W/L %
UCLA 3 4   0.429
Penn St. 2 3   0.400
USC 2 5   0.286
Vanderbilt 3 8 1 0.273
Notre Dame 3 9   0.250
BYU 1 4   0.200

Source: https://www.winsipedia.com/texas

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Did you screenshot that from the day he committed? He was a mid four star composite guy by signing day and a three star by on3.

Hes got great tools, but he’s more raw than most. 

I don’t go by on3 but he did drop but my point is, he was a 5 star so obviously they liked what they saw at one point. Your right tho, he was raw, but it’s been two years, let’s see what happens 

16 minutes ago, D3zii said:

I don’t go by on3 but he did drop but my point is, he was a 5 star so obviously they liked what they saw at one point. Your right tho, he was raw, but it’s been two years, let’s see what happens 

Why post something intentionally misleading though? Not everyone on here follows recruiting the way some of us do. The guy was not a 5 star recruit. Putting that on him and the staff doesn’t help anything. 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, D3zii said:

The drop in the rankings also came after his prime HS years were completely fucked by the pandemic. I’d bet that On3’s tiny evaluation staff never had a single person watch him play a snap as a starter in person. Hell, they had Nick Evers as the #78 player in the country that cycle. Would anybody take him over Maalik?

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

The drop in the rankings also came after his prime HS years were completely fucked by the pandemic. I’d bet that On3’s tiny evaluation staff never had a single person watch him play a snap as a starter in person. Hell, they had Nick Evers as the #78 player in the country that cycle. Would anybody take him over Maalik?

not to mention when he kicked ass his senior year and won a state title they didn't bother to fix that shit

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Why post something intentionally misleading though? Not everyone on here follows recruiting the way some of us do. The guy was not a 5 star recruit. Putting that on him and the staff doesn’t help anything. 

I don’t think what I posted was misleading, I mean the picture is right there. Plus I stated he dropped in the rankings but let’s remember that was during the pandemic and his team didn’t even play that much after a canceled season if I remember correctly. Then came back his Senior season and won state. 

I mean honestly it can’t be any worse than wat ppl have already said about him, bad or good and Arch for that matter. 

My point was its talent there, that was the reason he was initially a 5 star. So maybe before some of us  sail the season a way, give him a shot. 

Edited by D3zii

15 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

On3 is trash.  I had high hopes for that site - but its pretty clear now that all the shit they advertised as 'revolutionary' was bullshit with no real technology behind it - and their evaluations are as bad as Rivals.

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Among the 38 teams in the entire FBS universe that Texas has played 5 times or more, there are only six we have an all-time losing record against, and ranked in order of W/L record the worst is against BYU.

W L T W/L %
UCLA 3 4   0.429
Penn St. 2 3   0.400
USC 2 5   0.286
Vanderbilt 3 8 1 0.273
Notre Dame 3 9   0.250
BYU 1 4   0.200

Man…didn’t see this…not looking forward to having to lock horns with Vanderbilt again in the coming years…..

28 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

He was dropped, because he completed 55% of his passes, 9TDs, and 4 ints as a Junior in the shortened Covid season. He followed that up with 63% comp, 22 TDs, and 9 ints as a senior. He rushed for 99 yards over those 16 games as a starter. Not exactly numbers that scream 5 star 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

I don’t think what I posted was misleading, I mean the picture is right there. Plus I stated he dropped in the rankings but let’s remember that was during the pandemic and his team didn’t even play that much after a canceled season if I remember correctly. Then came back his Senior season and won state. 

I mean honestly it can’t be any worse than wat ppl have already said about him, bad or good and Arch for that matter. 

My point was its talent there, that was the reason he was initially a 5 star. So maybe before some of us  sail the season a way, give him a shot. 

Anthony Cook was a 5 star CB at one point too. Finished his career at Texas as a safety with solid athleticism. 

BJ Foster was also a 5 star. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, SuckitKevin said:

If there’s any chance Malik will need to play against K State, you better let him throw against this shitty defense. He’ll have to throw against K State at a decent level to win.

I feel the same whether it’s Arch or Maalik.  Sark will be doing them and the team a disservice if they go out against BYU and go run, run and pass on 3rd and long. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SuckitKevin said:

If there’s any chance Malik will need to play against K State, you better let him throw against this shitty defense. He’ll have to throw against K State at a decent level to win.

Their defense isn't shitty. They force a lot of turnovers. 

We just played the worst defenses in the conference and had almost 3 full quarters where we scored 3 points. Most of that was with Ewers. This isn't a team that can take any weak team for granted. 

Maalik will have to throw to win because we won't just run over them. I think I'd like to see Sark put his best run blocking line available out there with the plan to grind them up on the ground to set up heavy boxes for Maalik to throw against. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Anthony Cook was a 5 star CB at one point too. Finished his career at Texas as a safety with solid athleticism. 

BJ Foster was also a 5 star. 

Cook played at a disadvantage imo, he was a press man corner in highschool just like Jamison, I never understood why DC’s come to Texas and play Corners 10yards off

Foster was just lost. I’m not sure what to say about him 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

W L T W/L %
UCLA 3 4   0.429
Penn St. 2 3   0.400
USC 2 5   0.286
Vanderbilt 3 8 1 0.273
Notre Dame 3 9   0.250
BYU 1 4   0.200

There was some thing published in the early 90s about teams of the 80s.  BYU was one of them,  So was AFA.  Texas wasn't on the list.