Wulaw Horn

The forecast for Saturday has been moving around but right now it doesnt look too bad. If the rain chances pick back up considerably (yeah, sure), I might have to consider betting the under, which I usually avoid doing. 

Why would you be betting on this shit at all?
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, troph said:

There are certain teams that garner that kind of response. For some it’s just the name -Texas isn’t the only one but Texas is one. Highly ranked, Texas is that this year. There can be other motivations too, maybe leaving the big 12. In any event we need to expect every team to play their best game. It could make their season. 

If we really don’t have QE, then we need to play stingy defense and we need to get super physical and just whip these teams at the LOS it’s as simple and has hard as that. Hell we need to play like that anyway.

OL and DL play hasn’t been seen like that for a couple games now. I just hope MM is not Swoopes 2.0, and can do something positive, and the coaching staff exploits what talent we have that isn’t crippled.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hornbeliever said:

Bad news is I have a vision of Malik catching fire for a couple weeks of starter duty while Quinn returns, causing Arch to transfer.  And it was fools gold a la Jerrod Heard/Cal and this puts program back years as Arch wins Heisman at OU.

Good news is my vision also told me we would beat UH 47-17.

username checks out :D 

11 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Houston is a fluke hail mary from being 2-5. They lost to Rice. BYU would beat them easily. Jfc guys

I feel like you haven't watched BYU

BYU was in a 7-0 game, in the 4th quarter, against 0-7 Sam Houston State. They struggled to beat 2-5 Cincinnati and 2-6 Arkansas. They are a couple of plays away from being 3-4 with one of the weakest SOS you can imagine for a P5 conference team. 

BYU has beaten nobody easily this year other than a FCS team and that's against a bunch of shit teams (minus Kansas). 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1

I'd like to see how MM handles the 3 deep look. He seems to love showing off his arm, so will he be aware enough to take the shorter, high percentage throw over the highlight, lower percentage deeper routes? Can he throw catchable balls to the running backs and tight ends? Will his mechanics break down under pressure? What kind of pocket presence does he have?

He's never been the most accurate guy, and I think that's part of why his rating fell so much as a recruit. Will improved mechanics improve that enough for us to take advantage?

We really need to establish the run in this game, because KState is gonna have a field day if we don't.

6 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I will say this about BYU: we have posters on this website from all universities all over the country. And, I think we genuinely like most of those posters. They are good people and bring awesome stuff to this board. Except BYU. Those guys all suck and are cunts. 

Pretty hilarious, and spot on. Farting Dreamer is a great example of a BYU shit poster. But! When he was crowd sourced, he made a new account just to call a bunch of posters pussies. Just when I thought he couldn't suck any harder, he goes and does something like that.....and totally redeems himself! 

• Haha 2

Quinn as we know has a grade 2 AC joint sprain, his injury happened when Nelson Ceaser sacked him earlier in 3Q per Gerry/IT. Also, we didn't throw the ball after that, so Sark knew.

Recovery time for Quin's recovery is 2-3 weeks but don't expect it to be season-ending.

Did everything start going downhill before or after the sack?

5 hours ago, Newdoc said:

It’s only Sunday and half of you are throwing in the towel. There’s a lot of battered horn syndrome in here. 

you're goddamn right there's a lot of bhs ptsd up in here

the collapse against 0u wasn't enough to fully suppress the ctj enchubbenment army

fat girfriends, playoffs and rat poison are all finally in remission today

we still have a parcells problem because at #7 and 6-1 we are *WAY* overvalued at this juncture

• Like 1

TCU beat BYU 44-11. KState beat TCU 41-3. BYU put up only 277 yards on Tech at home w 127 yards passing with only 12 first downs. Play smart but let Murphy take some well timed deep chances to Worthy. Hell do it on the first play of the game, just don’t call the game like you don’t trust him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Watts traveled and warmed up yesterday. Have to think he is close.

Gerry said Catalon didn’t practice all week.

I really hope Watts is back.  I'd like to see less of Terrence Brooks out there.  It seems like every time I saw him he was either standing somewhere, running alone, or whiffing on a tackle.  Stats sheet says he got 1 tackle.  I didn't notice until I saw plays where he could've helped but seemed to be lost or just standing waiting for someone to go near him.