Wulaw Horn

Lots of unknowns because of injuries but I've thought BYU has been one of the most overrated teams in the country for a few weeks. They should be 6-1 or 7-0 based on their schedule if they were even a decent team. 

Look at their wins: Sam Houston 0-7, Southern Utah 2-5, Arkansas 2-6, Cincinnati 2-5, and Texas Tech 3-5. Their two losses are to a bad TCU team and a decent Kansas team. 

This is one of the worst schedules I've seen for a P5 team 7 games in to a season. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 59 Burst said:

You are 100% correct on every point. But for reasons I can’t explain them fuckers will somehow be ready for us. 

There are certain teams that garner that kind of response. For some it’s just the name -Texas isn’t the only one but Texas is one. Highly ranked, Texas is that this year. There can be other motivations too, maybe leaving the big 12. In any event we need to expect every team to play their best game. It could make their season. 

If we really don’t have QE, then we need to play stingy defense and we need to get super physical and just whip these teams at the LOS it’s as simple and has hard as that. Hell we need to play like that anyway.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Lots of unknowns because of injuries but I've thought BYU has been one of the most overrated teams in the country for a few weeks. They should be 6-1 or 7-0 based on their schedule if they were even a decent team. 

Look at their wins: Sam Houston 0-7, Southern Utah 2-5, Arkansas 2-6, Cincinnati 2-5, and Texas Tech 3-5. Their two losses are to a bad TCU team and a decent Kansas team. 

This is one of the worst schedules I've seen for a P5 team 7 games in to a season. 

True, but the same could have been said about Houston. After all, they lost to fucking Rice and should've lost to UTSA. BYU just seems to have our number, and if their QB walks on the field with a knee brace I'm putting every penny I have on BYU.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, 59 Burst said:

You are 100% correct on every point. But for reasons I can’t explain them fuckers will somehow be ready for us. 

Maybe but I just don't think this BYU team is good. 

They've played two teams .500 or better and lost both games. L to 4-4 TCU and L to 5-2 Kansas. They also lost those games by an average of 22 points. People see the 5-2 record and think BYU is good. 

40 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Maybe but I just don't think this BYU team is good. 

They've played two teams .500 or better and lost both games. L to 4-4 TCU and L to 5-2 Kansas. They also lost those games by an average of 22 points. People see the 5-2 record and think BYU is good. 

I don't think BYU is good, but I didn't think UH is worth a damn either

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

So, I didn't get to watch hardly any of the game yesterday but we've got

Hobbled:  Sanders, Majors and Barron

Out: Watts, Catalon, Quinn, Manny Mohommad?

Anyone else I'm missing?   That's just our QB, Center, First round pick at TE, Best 2 corners, best safety and our nickel- who is probably the best player on the defense.  I know our  backup center is hurt, and a backup LB and the like, but I don't really give a sit about that kind of stuff.  Did I miss anything?  

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I may have lost track at some point, but I don't remember MM getting hurt. Brooks and Holmes both went out. 

Gotcha.  I thought I heard Manny out on the radio, but it really was a rough day yesterday and I don't think I was processing much on the way home.  Against most teams I'd rather Brooks and Holmes be out than MM b/c I prefer an 8 to a 5 and  a 6, but against UH that was going to spread and throw every single I'd probably prefer quantity over quality?  Maybe?  I don't know. I came home and caught the game live with about 10 minutes left and then deleted the game and the gameday show b/c I just didn't want to deal with it.  Maybe should have watched the first quarter and then stopped at 21-0 and I'd have felt better.  

The interesting thing is if Malik is the starter do teams start committing more players to the box in order to stop the run? 

Seems like a risky proposition with Worthy, Mitchell, and Sanders. Malik might complete passes at a much lower rate but my guess is there will also be a lot more opportunities for big plays. 

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

The interesting thing is if Malik is the starter do teams start committing more players to the box in order to stop the run? 

Seems like a risky proposition with Worthy, Mitchell, and Sanders. Malik might complete passes at a much lower rate but my guess is there will also be a lot more opportunities for big plays. 

Yes, until Maalik hits a few big plays. 

41 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Hobbled:  Sanders, Majors and Barron

Out: Watts, Catalon, Quinn, Manny Mohommad?

Anyone else I'm missing?   That's just our QB, Center, First round pick at TE, Best 2 corners, best safety and our nickel- who is probably the best player on the defense.  I know our  backup center is hurt, and a backup LB and the like, but I don't really give a sit about that kind of stuff.  Did I miss anything?  

Banks is nursing an injured ankle.  Brooks and Gavin got hurt yesterday (not sure how serious).  Hutson who knows ??? Burke is injured too.  Collins left the game yesterday.

MASH unit

Edited by LTtxfan

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

So the Milroe game plan for Alabama early on 

The difference is our WRs are much better than Alabama. 

The "we are going to make Malik beat us" strategy feels like a trap for other teams. Our WR/TE are the strength of our team and defenses have been doing everything to just keep the ball in front with coverages. 

Bad news is I have a vision of Malik catching fire for a couple weeks of starter duty while Quinn returns, causing Arch to transfer.  And it was fools gold a la Jerrod Heard/Cal and this puts program back years as Arch wins Heisman at OU.

Good news is my vision also told me we would beat UH 47-17.

BYU is also giving up 250 passing yards a game to some dog-shit passing offenses. I think the only above average passing offense they've faced is Kansas. 

If it's Malik, I think BYU will still be conservative on the back end defensively. Daring our WR/TE to beat them might lead to some bad throws but we will take boom or bust all day. 

12 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

BYU is also giving up 250 passing yards a game to some dog-shit passing offenses. I think the only above average passing offense they've faced is Kansas. 

If it's Malik, I think BYU will still be conservative on the back end defensively. Daring our WR/TE to beat them might lead to some bad throws but we will take boom or bust all day. 

I won't remind you of how much cooger high is giving up to some dog-shit passing offenses.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

I won't remind you of how much cooger high is giving up to some dog-shit passing offenses.

Against the bad secondaries and Ewers stats: 

Baylor: 78.3% completion and 293 passing yards

Kansas: 71.4 completion and 325 passing yards

Houston: 79.3 completion and 211 passing yards. 

And those defenses were playing conservatively on the back end to prevent just an absolute ass kicking from our WR/TE. I'm all for BYU daring Malik to beat them. 

3 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I will say this about BYU: we have posters on this website from all universities all over the country. And, I think we genuinely like most of those posters. They are good people and bring awesome stuff to this board. Except BYU. Those guys all suck and are cunts. 
Game week stuff goes here. Let’s not lose to a bunch of old white guys. 

1945427331_Cougarbehindglass.png.18e4f3b40843c4dffad589140d735662.png

• Hook 'Em 2

BYU beat Texas Tech 27-14. The Cougars may be the college football’s best smoke and mirrors 5-2 team. BYU won a home game over the Red Raiders with 12 first downs and 277 yards of offense. BYU hasn’t put up more than 300 yards of offense in three consecutive Big 12 contests. But Texas Tech turned the ball over five times, played a third string quarterback making his first start, and committed nine penalties for 80 yards in defeat.   Jerry Hamilton 

lol tell me you haven’t watched BYU play this year without telling me you haven’t watched BYU play.

I haven’t. So Houston would best BYU? The game yesterday was a trigger for most of us so of course most are all doom and gloom and don’t know what to think of this team.

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

lol tell me you haven’t watched BYU play this year without telling me you haven’t watched BYU play.

There are people that think we will only score 15 points on BYU's defense. 

TCU, Cincy, and Arkansas have all averaged 34 points a game against BYU and we have a better offense than all 3 (even with Maalik at QB).