NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

1 hour ago, Kermit said:

Announcer talk: Reggie is getting worse. Does he actually prepare for these games, or just spout colloquialisms?

He's so fucking bad. I don't understand what exec at TNT listens to him call games and thinks "Yes. This is what the people want."

He just doesn't shut the fuck up, ever. He runs his mouth the entire game and talks over the pbp and the atmosphere.

Edited by ztejas

The Sixers did almost everything better last night except for the final minute. I get the frustration from Embiid, but just take the loss and move on. Complaining about officials swallowing their whistle in the final minute is not the way to go. Win the next two and make it a best-of-three.

Also the Nova Knicks are ridiculously mentally tough. This is the first time in forever that the Knicks have that trait and it’s thanks to the Nova contingent.

Edited by UpperWestside

1 minute ago, UpperWestside said:

The Sixers did almost at everything better last night except for the final minute. I get the frustration from Embiid, but just take the loss and move on. Complaining about officials swallowing their whistle in the final minute is not the way to go. Win the next two and make it a best-of-three.

Also the Nova Knicks are ridiculously mentally tough. This is the first time in forever that the Knicks have that trait and it’s thanks to the Nova contingent.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39990299/new-york-knicks-villanova-wildcats

Good article on the Nova Knicks / Nova Three.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

I enjoy Reggie as a human but he's bad as an announcer. Extremely bad. It's to the point where I see other analysts and commentators throwing shade.

I don't enjoy Reggie on any level. I saw him at Summer League a few years back and he was a complete dickhead to some kids there.

And his understanding of situational basketball is embarrassing. That ridiculous bullshit the other night when he suggested that someone intentionally miss a free throw up 3 was mind boggling. Last night he was suggesting that the Lakers take a timeout when there was no reason for it. And on top of all that, his voice grates on me. He's my least favorite announcer right now, by far.

20 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

LeBron having meltdowns over the officiating is just chef's kiss.

In his defense, it was an atrocious call. I couldn't believe they overturned that. Now you can just smack a guy in the head after the ball leaves his hand? 

And as much as I enjoy watching Lebron and the Lakers squirm, I'd much rather this be a long series with more compelling games like last night. That was playoff basketball at its absolute best.

The best part by far though was Anthony Davis after getting Ehlo-ed, falling into the Denver bench and not being able to get up because he was stuck in the Nuggets dogpile around Murray. I almost felt bad for him. That's gotta be the worst feeling.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I like seeing LeBron ironically whine about officiating, but a head blow after the shot isn't "marginal."

Below is from the "NBA video rulebook" and this is a guy touching the hand/wrist, also after the ball is released. The shooter falls down (flops) but it's a foul.

https://videorulebook.nba.com/archive/point-of-contact-foul-defender-makes-contact-to-shooters-arm-after-release/

So a hit to the head after release is clearly a foul.

It's a foul if the guy doesn't have the ball.

LeBron having meltdowns over the officiating is just chef's kiss.

Worst part is these athletes are so disconnected from society. They can’t be held accountable for their words because they’re trained to get up and walk/ not respond. Lakers can cry about officiating but if they were shown the FT disparity chart between them and half the league, they’ll say it’s warranted. Lebron has stans online that’ll go to bat and jump off a cliff if he told them to so he’s covered there.

Idiots like DLo can say the wolves held him back after he was traded to the lakers and it just turns out he flat out sucks…nothing will be said to him nor will he go back on that statement because he’s so disconnected with reality and how great he (thinks) he is.

Denver is probably the biggest obstacle and my favorite teams closest enemy and even I cheer for them because they’re mostly likable. Jokers palm thing gets old but every player has their shortcomings.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

In his defense, it was an atrocious call. I couldn't believe they overturned that. Now you can just smack a guy in the head after the ball leaves his hand? 

He also has an And-1 called for him on his step through jumper after his two 3's where the only contact that could even be argued was a slight grazing of legs. It usually evens out; well, more than evens out when we're talking about the Lakers.

DLO had a decent game for dlo standards and they still blew a 20 pt 2nd half lead.

Maybe it needs to be a full 48 DLo game
DLo had an amazing night by his standards. Dude was 7/11 from 3.
Announcer talk: Reggie is getting worse. Does he actually prepare for these games, or just spout colloquialisms?
I hated Reggie as a player and hate him more as an announcer. He's Mark Jackson level bad.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, gofuckyourself said:

Yeah, I like seeing LeBron ironically whine about officiating, but a head blow after the shot isn't "marginal."

Below is from the "NBA video rulebook" and this is a guy touching the hand/wrist, also after the ball is released. The shooter falls down (flops) but it's a foul.

https://videorulebook.nba.com/archive/point-of-contact-foul-defender-makes-contact-to-shooters-arm-after-release/

So a hit to the head after release is clearly a foul.

It's a foul if the guy doesn't have the ball.

I was confused too. Definitely thought D'Lo got whacked on the head. I don't consider the contact to be "marginal", whatever that means. Ham also should have challenged the foul on Murray at the end, he likely would have won, because that seemed "marginal" as well.

Edited by Pam Cummings

22 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

He also has an And-1 called for him on his step through jumper after his two 3's where the only contact that could even be argued was a slight grazing of legs. It usually evens out; well, more than evens out when we're talking about the Lakers.

All true, but for them to review that call and still get it wrong... that was something.

14 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Wasn't a heat check, though. I think he has to take a wide open 3 there. KCP fell down.

For sure. They had so many possessions in the fourth where they were forcing bad shots and he was on a bit of a heater. They weren't getting a better look than that. You gotta shoot it there. It wasn't like they could run the clock out. Denver was going to get the ball back with plenty of time. If Lebron passed on that shot, people would be killing him today for being a pussy.

• Like 3

Denver was getting the ball back with 4 seconds left but got the rebound with about 11.

They had timeouts tho but seems like if coaches stay out of the set plays ATO, and just roll with it…seems to work out more

Probably was the best shot they were going to get, I agree

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I don't enjoy Reggie on any level. I saw him at Summer League a few years back and he was a complete dickhead to some kids there.

And his understanding of situational basketball is embarrassing. That ridiculous bullshit the other night when he suggested that someone intentionally miss a free throw up 3 was mind boggling. Last night he was suggesting that the Lakers take a timeout when there was no reason for it. And on top of all that, his voice grates on me. He's my least favorite announcer right now, by far.

He used to come on DP show and was a good guest there, they always had good banter so I didn't mind him. I'm with you though that he just sucks total ass as an announcer and TNT is gonna definitely replace him because we all notice it.

24 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

He used to come on DP show and was a good guest there, they always had good banter so I didn't mind him. I'm with you though that he just sucks total ass as an announcer and TNT is gonna definitely replace him because we all notice it.

They’ll keep him on for the same reason they keep trotting Shaq out for the studio show, name recognition. Although  Shaq had grown on me, the same way a tumor grows on someone.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Denver was getting the ball back with 4 seconds left but got the rebound with about 11.

They had timeouts tho but seems like if coaches stay out of the set plays ATO, and just roll with it…seems to work out more

Probably was the best shot they were going to get, I agree

Yeah Malone did not want to let the defense get set by calling TO. He said as much. 

2 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Have 3 college teammates ever been on the same NBA team? 

Boston had at least 3 Kentucky Wildcats, and their coach, between and 97-98 and 99-00.  Antoine Walker, Walter McCarty and Ron Mercer.  Reggie Hanson was a 4th in 97-98.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mittens said:

Boston had at least 3 Kentucky Wildcats, and their coach, between and 97-98 and 99-00.  Antoine Walker, Walter McCarty and Ron Mercer.  Reggie Hanson was a 4th in 97-98.

Good call. My mind went immediately to Cal era players. 

1 hour ago, Kermit said:

The Jokic Bros really like violence. 

One of them once almost ran me over. We lived in the same building in Denver. He pulled out of the garage without checking cross traffic. I know bc the car had super tinted windows and JOKER license plate. And it wasn’t Nikola bc the Nugs were on the road 

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

One of them once almost ran me over. We lived in the same building in Denver. He pulled out of the garage without checking cross traffic. I know bc the car had super tinted windows and JOKER license plate. And it wasn’t Nikola bc the Nugs were on the road 

Nugget’ brothers fucking up right now. 

9 hours ago, Js1 said:

Wonderful article about them. I sure wish the Lakers still had Hart on the roster. Thanks for sharing it. Not too often you get a good Knicks team with some fun backstories like that.

3 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Yeah Lebron became quite whiney as soon as he joined the Lakers.  Not sure what happened.

Is this sarcasm? His days Miami were when he seemed to realize he could get a lot of out of refs by complaining. I attribute that development to Wade, since he won his first ring largely due to flopping for free throws and complaining to refs. 

2 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

This Suns offense is so cringe, I can't watch it any more. They need a real offensive game plan and a point guard to run it so badly. 

Just ugly to watch -- Suns players' body language is so negative.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

This Suns offense is so cringe, I can't watch it any more. They need a real offensive game plan and a point guard to run it so badly. 

If only Phoenix had an aging point guard that can make someone like Booker look valuable. Too bad they never had a guy like that.

• Haha 1

NAW has been a revelation.
This Wolves team should be good for a long time.
Conley is a FA this summer so will need to find a replacement.

We already resigned him

Kyle Andersons the only one unsigned for next year

NAW is an overall better player than DLo. And we got 3 seconds, NAW and Mike Conley for dlo lol