Petty Whining About Family thread

texasdago

31 minutes ago, LonghornJones said:

If she put them in the dishwasher, you would just bitch about her dish/cup placement strategy anyway. 

This is... accurate

To be fair to my wife, though, I'm bitching about her and the younger ones.

Edited by texasdago

8 minutes ago, BottleRocket said:

One day my sister-in-law got fed up with her kids not helping with dishes and took a bunch of dirty pots and pans up to their rooms and put them in their beds.  Always makes me laugh.  

I have done this. My son tossed it all on the ground and my daughter did the dishes. Now he is a clean freak and she lives in a dorm and gives zero fucks. 

Kids. 

We had a team house where one dude did not understand common space. He kept his area clean, the rest was to us. Dealing with that now. At 50. Fuck people Clean your shi

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, BottleRocket said:

One day my sister-in-law got fed up with her kids not helping with dishes and took a bunch of dirty pots and pans up to their rooms and put them in their beds.  Always makes me laugh.  

Reminds me of my sophomore year at UT.  Four of us (!) living in a 2BR, 1 Bath dump in West Campus.  My roommate and I supplied all the dishes and glasses etc and the other two roommates (brothers) never cleaned their dishes.  Always left a mess.  One day we just washed everything (because of course our dump didn't have a dishwasher), dried the dishes, etc. and packed them all up except for one set each of dishes, glasses, silverware, etc. for us.  They threw a pissy fit over it.  

On the same note, my roommate would get pissed off at them at being terrible roommates that he would buy a big jar of kimchi from the Korean supermarket and eat it right next to their room (straight from the jar).  When the jar was done, he would leave the empty smelly jar in their room.

Hmmm...

Maybe I need to start eating kimchi 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BottleRocket said:

Didn't put it in his bed, but after multiple times of telling oldest son in high school  to pull trashcan out to the curb on Mondays & Thursdays I got fed up and hauled it upstairs and he found it in his room and asked me what's up?

It can either go to the curb as directed, or it's coming up here.  Put a note on your phone or do whatever.  No more excuses.  

Wife was PISSED at me, but it never happened again.

Fuck that mentality.  Either you want to do your chores or you don't, and if you don't, you're gonna hate life at my house.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Didn't put it in his bed, but after multiple times of telling oldest son in high school  to pull trashcan out to the curb on Mondays & Thursdays I got fed up and hauled it upstairs and he found it in his room and asked me what's up?

It can either go to the curb as directed, or it's coming up here.  Put a note on your phone or do whatever.  No more excuses.  

Fuck that mentality.  Either you want to do your chores or you don't, and if you don't, you're gonna hate life at my house.

Slorch always looking for the hard way, dragging a city trash can through the house and up the stairs. Could have just put his favorite thing (phone, tablet, laptop, etc) in the trash can and let him know he needed to retrieve them before trash pickup. Work smarter, not harder, as they say in the biz.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Had a roommate that boiled up 2 lbs of shrimp.   Brought the the shrimp out to the coffee table, peeled them, dipped them in cocktail sauce, ate them and left the peeled shells on the coffee table.   Got up when he was done and went out the door to go drink beer.   

After three days of staring at shrimp shells on the coffee table I gathered them up and deposited the mess on his bed pillow.   

He wasn’t  happy.   

Too bad. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Covri said:

Slorch always looking for the hard way, dragging a city trash can through the house and up the stairs. Could have just put his favorite thing (phone, tablet, laptop, etc) in the trash can and let him know he needed to retrieve them before trash pickup. Work smarter, not harder, as they say in the biz.

That would have just been throwing away an Ipad...then I get to buy it again.  Now, if they did not put their shit up( shoes/ game controllers/ etc/etc)  Dad would put it up for them, usually in my vehicle.  When I got tired of holding it for them, they'd get it back.

"Hey, put your shit away where it belongs or it's going to disappear."  Not really a tough lesson there either. You are in control of your stuff...until you aren't.

Thing about most of my methods is that they didn't take a lot of repetition.

My dad and my nephew were very close- talked every day for 2 hours, close.  When my dad passed away unexpectedly earlier this year, we were all shocked.  Fast forward to now...nephew's elementary school is having grandparents' day, and he's super sad because his best friend,  "Grandfather," won't be there.  My mom is still living....but doesn't want to go because she "doesn't know how to drive in" that state.  I'm going, but it's really pissing me off that she won't be there for her only grandchild - we're all devastated about the loss, but suck it up so nephew has a grandparent there!!  😡

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, texasdago said:

The dishwasher is three, maybe four inches away from the kitchen sink.  Current dishwasher status?  Empty.  Sink?  Full of cups, silverware, etc.  How hard is it to just open the dishwasher and literally put the items in?  Don't even need to rinse 'em.  

Oh... and can we talk about the toilet paper roll placed on top of the empty toilet paper roll?  

Get out of my head

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

Why don’t you pick her up on your way?  

I'm flying to Michigan from Texas...she's in Georgia.  She refuses to drive (not that she can't; my dad did all the highway driving so she didn't have to) to Atlanta...so younger sister usually has to drive 3 hrs from Atlanta to pick her up. Then back.  It's not about the driving though...she just is so focused in her own grief, she can't see outside of it to be there for us.

21 hours ago, slorch said:

This. Is. AWESOME.

19 hours ago, deadshank said:

Had a roommate that boiled up 2 lbs of shrimp.   Brought the the shrimp out to the coffee table, peeled them, dipped them in cocktail sauce, ate them and left the peeled shells on the coffee table.   Got up when he was done and went out the door to go drink beer.   

After three days of staring at shrimp shells on the coffee table I gathered them up and deposited the mess on his bed pillow.   

He wasn’t  happy.   

Too bad. 

As someone that is allergic to crustaceans, the thought of the smell of that place is terrifying. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I did the one plate one cup one spoon thing but trashed all the other dishes in the sunk. Accidentally threw out dishes that others had messed up  but that belonged to the clean roommate, but she forgave me.

Lots of the roommates and their drugbuddies were mooching addicts who would descend like beer-drinking locusts on the fridge all the while complaining if what they were cadging for free wasn't up to their standards. I started buying warm beer and keeping it in my locked room. Every now and then I'd slip a few bottles into the fridge's crisper tray under vegetables, never got looked at.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

I did the one plate one cup one spoon thing but trashed all the other dishes in the sunk. Accidentally threw out dishes that others had messed up  but that belonged to the clean roommate, but she forgave me.

Lots of the roommates and their drugbuddies were mooching addicts who would descend like beer-drinking locusts on the fridge all the while complaining if what they were cadging for free wasn't up to their standards. I started buying warm beer and keeping it in my locked room. Every now and then I'd slip a few bottles into the fridge's crisper tray under vegetables, never got looked at.

I am the youngest of 3 boys, and 9 years younger than the eldest. Our mom got paid on Fridays and would hit the grocery store on the way home from work.  You can bet your sweet ass I would hide cookies/ cereal/ anything good from my dumbass brothers so I could make them last until the next Friday.  Best hiding spot was in the utility room closet behind the laundry soap.  Those lazy fucks were never going to look there...

36 minutes ago, slorch said:

I am the youngest of 3 boys, and 9 years younger than the eldest. Our mom got paid on Fridays and would hit the grocery store on the way home from work.  You can bet your sweet ass I would hide cookies/ cereal/ anything good from my dumbass brothers so I could make them last until the next Friday.  Best hiding spot was in the utility room closet behind the laundry soap.  Those lazy fucks were never going to look there...

My wife tells me stories like this (she was the youngest and her older brothers were garbage disposals) and having to hide food and snacks and the "good" pantry items, etc. and I've never understood that. In her case her parents sucked, but were your parents not running a disciplined household where just because you are bigger or faster or greedier you can do whatever you want? Just seems foreign to me because my kids know that if they pulled that crap (and we have a gaggle of kids) their punishment is they get nothing in the future.

I do love your trash can story though and will steal that.

3 hours ago, BeardIP said:

My wife tells me stories like this (she was the youngest and her older brothers were garbage disposals) and having to hide food and snacks and the "good" pantry items, etc. and I've never understood that. In her case her parents sucked, but were your parents not running a disciplined household where just because you are bigger or faster or greedier you can do whatever you want? Just seems foreign to me because my kids know that if they pulled that crap (and we have a gaggle of kids) their punishment is they get nothing in the future.

I do love your trash can story though and will steal that.

My mom ran a disciplined household with regard to ME...LOL.  The 2 older brothers basically did whatever the fuck they wanted, which was still  mostly good.  During this time Mom was gone a lot with work and going to college. Dad was already out of the picture, and thus, Mom's predicament.  Imagine an 18-14-9 year old boy household... with a premium on Lucky Fucking Charms and any kind of sweets.  LOL.

I mean regardless of the best intentions by any parent, it still has an element of Thunderdome/ Lord of the Flies when they are gone most of the day in that environment.

Edited by slorch

On 10/25/2023 at 8:31 PM, Covri said:

That’s a woman move. Way too passive.  Way too cute.  

Meathead boys only know blunt force trauma coming from the old bull.  

They’re too dumb and focused on titties and their own peckers to understand nuance. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, deadshank said:

That’s a woman move. Way too passive.  Way too cute.  

Meathead boys only know blunt force trauma coming from the old bull.  

They’re too dumb and focused on titties and their own peckers to understand nuance. 

Yep. I mean, I have to give it up, the city issued trash can in the upstairs bedroom is a power move and hilarious to boot. Of course I can see why my wife would hate that, but gotta break an egg or two to make a responsibility omelette 

• Hook 'Em 1

I had a roommate who as far as I know never took the trash out the entire time we lived together which was 2 years.  He also pretty much never did dishes.  Once I waited to see how long it would take for him to empty the sink and they actually started to stink before I gave up and did them. 

Edited by kevwun

I don't mind doing the dishes. And my wife and do chores pretty evenly. I don't do much during the work week, but on the weekends I do almost everything. She works from home, so it works out.

My pet peeve is the island. In the mornings, I like to turn on the news or sports center and drink my coffee while I check my emails and read the news at the island. So I having anything that's not supposed to be there or clutter in general. We almost never argue, but I bet 90% of them are about shit on the island. 

On 10/25/2023 at 5:47 PM, slorch said:

Told this trash can story to some friends last night at dinner and you received near-unanimous kudos.  Yes, 3 out of 4 of us were males and you can guess the dissenting vote.

Had a roommate in college who was a horrific filth monster. His room was two feet deep in trash. He was loaded for money and had a smokin hot girlfriend who said she overlooked the garbage as he was a well hung dude. And she would bring me her loose ladyfriends so I overlooked the garbage as well.

• Haha 2

This guy I know had a thing about COVID. He told his wife she had to obey "one" rule - Don't go to the grocery and don't go out with your friends. If you do, he said, he was going to divorce her if he didn't kill her first. Well, of course she disobeyed. She broke the rule. She developed COVID and brought it back to the house. I don't know what happened to her. She disappeared like smoke through a keyhole. But, rumors have it that the guy still roams the boards to this day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, deadshank said:

You slobs don’t make your bed every day?

Every fucking day.

Then again, i put the cart back in the corral too, and that bar is waaaaay too fucking high for regular people.

My son takes long ass showers... I mean looooong showers.  Those showers consist of 15 minutes standing outside the shower (or doing "something else") and maybe 5 minutes in the shower.  I get pissed about it every night.  Who does my wife get pissed at?  Me.  Why?  Because I consistently get mad about it.  I've talked to him, I've put a low flow showerhead on his shower (he's about to get an ever lower flow one) and yet I'm the bad guy.  I told her last night that she's getting mad at the police for the police being pissed off at the crime.  Not sure that went over well but whatever.  

Spot my son's shower...

image.png.8a8e1bede654daee72e425a020f33444.png

10 minutes ago, texasdago said:

My son takes long ass showers... I mean looooong showers.  Those showers consist of 15 minutes standing outside the shower (or doing "something else") and maybe 5 minutes in the shower.  I get pissed about it every night.  Who does my wife get pissed at?  Me.  Why?  Because I consistently get mad about it.  I've talked to him, I've put a low flow showerhead on his shower (he's about to get an ever lower flow one) and yet I'm the bad guy.  I told her last night that she's getting mad at the police for the police being pissed off at the crime.  Not sure that went over well but whatever.  

Spot my son's shower...

image.png.8a8e1bede654daee72e425a020f33444.png

he seriously needs to run shower background noise to jerk it?  do you live in a studio apartment?  jesus.

• Haha 2