Coach Sark Press Conference 10.30 - 11:00am(ish) LHN

BigOrange1

Question I would ask.

Last year after half a season of evidence the long ball was not working you kept disproportionately calling it anyway. Will you do the same this year trying to run it in from inside the 5 all year?

Edited by DanTheHorn
I know the answer is YES
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Question I would ask.
Last year after half a season of evidence the long ball was not working you kept disproportionately calling it anyway. Will you do the same this year trying to run it in from inside the 5 all year?
I would much rather he fix the issues preventing us from scoring inside the 5 than completely abandoning the run...especially with a rookie QB behind center.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

Question I would ask.

He switched in the BYU game and threw on 3rd and 4th from the 2, so he tried to switch it up... didn't work either

• Rage+1 1

I just don't understand why there isn't an under center play with a DT playing FB either blocking for RB or in QB sneak driving the QB forward.
This is just for short yardage type stuff.

I said this during the 2nd 4th down on the goal line. A QB sneak with a tall, stout QB instead of a slow developing running play. Sark is stubborn to a fault.
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I just don't understand why there isn't an under center play with a DT playing FB either blocking for RB or in QB sneak driving the QB forward.

This is just for short yardage type stuff.

I've thought that, as well.  But, when your oline gets pushed 2 yards back into the backfield before the backs even reach the LOS, I don't think it makes a fuck what is called.  Shitty oline is shitty. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I've thought that, as well.  But, when your oline gets pushed 2 yards back into the backfield before the backs even reach the LOS, I don't think it makes a fuck what is called.  Shitty oline is shitty. 

We might want to address why 6'5" 330 and 6'3" 340 dudes aren't getting a push against much smaller opponents in front of them. The opposite, in fact. 

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

This is what bothers me. After the Bama game, I was banking on our run-blocking being the safety net we could always lean on. Gonna need them to play one of their better games of the season this week if we're still without Quinn. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This will ruffle the feathers of those who share Sark’s trait, but being late often is a sign of disorganization and inability to effectively manage an organization. 

Most likely it's his way of showing contempt for the local reporters who are mostly all jackasses.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, My display name said:

How do we not have a version of the tush-push play?!?! Use 2 biggins in the backfield with Savion or MM. One to lead and one to push. Problem solved.

Doesn't work when the OL lays down immediately after the snap and plays dead.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This will ruffle the feathers of those who share Sark’s trait, but being late often is a sign of disorganization and inability to effectively manage an organization. 

For all we know, he has no say in what time this is held.  And if we have practice prior to this, he's placing more importance on practice than talking to the media at some pre-determined time.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

They beat #3 OU in 2020
They beat #6 OU, #9 Ok State and #3 TCU last year

Dude is a good HC but I get the opponents. They have OUs number and we have KState’s so far. But how many ranked teams has Sark beaten by comparison? Other than Bama. Top ten Ap opponents? I don’t know the answer. 

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

One thing I like about Sark is that he often talks about things we as fans are always thinking about. In that respect, he’s similar to Mack Brown. Strong and Herman didn’t do that. 

Herman trotted out of Mice and Men and compared our players to Lenny. And went batshit with water bottles 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Sark: we need to play complementary football this weekend. KState is well coached good team. We need to improve our RZ offense. Everyone myself included could have done better last weekend. Our best football is still ahead of us he believes. 

bingo, bingo, bingo......bingo

• Haha 1

Sark: “Maalik has all the arm talent in the world. There is a progression in the things we do with him.

(this is our 10th consecutive win vs unranked opponent. ) this stat was on screen while he was talking. 

We are playing efficient football between the 20’s but we need to finish drives in the red zone.”

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Dude is a good HC but I get the opponents. They have OUs number and we have KState’s so far. But how many ranked teams has Sark beaten by comparison? Other than Bama. Top ten Ap opponents? I don’t know the answer. 

25 Louisiana

13 KSU

3 Alabama

24 KU

Sark: Maalik is a natural passer of the football and has a good feel for it. Sometimes he throws fastballs and he can change trajectory on the ball. 
Klieman does a heck of a job. Wherever he goes. You see his imprint on his teams. This game is about toughness. This game will be physical and tough and probably like the last two with running the ball. 

We should start the pressers later if we have practice before (that’s what people here have been saying that we have practice beforehand.) 

• Hook 'Em 1

Sark asked about RZ woes and going for it on 4th: you game plan for stuff and get what you think. Sometimes you don’t. Execution plays a factor. There are a multitude of things that go into play. The ball just doesn’t go across the goal line. 
He said he goes with his gut. What is in the best interest in his team at the moment. CDC hired him and he trusts his gut. We have an analytic book but he trusts his gut. 

Just now, Nicole44 said:

Sark asked about RZ woes and going for it on 4th: you game plan for stuff and get what you think. Sometimes you don’t. Execution plays a factor. There are a multitude of things that go into play. The ball just doesn’t go across the goal line. 
He said he goes with his gut. What is in the best interest in his team at the moment. CDC hired him and he trusts his gut. We have an analytic book but he trusts his gut. 

so, the opposite of the binder

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2