Coach Sark Press Conference 10.30 - 11:00am(ish) LHN

BigOrange1

In short, Sark said he wasn’t treating the goal line situation as a scrimmage v BYU. He said CDC hired him for his gut and he goes with his gut on those 4th down situations in the RZ. We have an analytics book and might refer to it but he goes with what he thinks is best for the team in that moment. 

3 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

so, the opposite of the binder

Basically. He said CDC hired him for his gut and that’s what he goes with on those calls. We have a book and might refer to it but he goes with his gut. Basically those were his exact words with the benefit of cc because I always miss what is said 

If he’s pissed he said something I barely caught: when he was talking about KState and how physical the game would be he said and that’s why practice is important this week. I took that to mean well I’m here instead of on the field or rushing to get here instead of at practice. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Eggo said:

Can Tvondre Sweat play Center for goal line push? Just wondering

I like this idea but not at center since he would have to learn how to hike the ball.  I say put him at left guard and tell him don't move until the ball is snapped and then kill the guy in front of you.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

One thing I like about Sark is that he often talks about things we as fans are always thinking about. In that respect, he’s similar to Mack Brown. Strong and Herman didn’t do that. 
That's because Charlie was in his own little world and turtle actively avoided anything fans/9.95'ers may be talking about...and when asked those questions acted incredulous as if someone just asked "Tom, is the sky blue?"

50 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

In short, Sark said he wasn’t treating the goal line situation as a scrimmage v BYU. He said CDC hired him for his gut and he goes with his gut on those 4th down situations in the RZ. We have an analytics book and might refer to it but he goes with what he thinks is best for the team in that moment. 

He's not gonna come out and say that about any team, but especially not his alma mater that has his very good friend as HC.

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Sark really pushing the envelope. Not even @SydneyCarton shows up 45 minutes late to meetings. 

This is my fault. I always show up 30-45 minutes late for my meetings with Sark. He probably learned this from me. 

Also, fuck you for summoning me  to the football board. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Sark: we need to play complementary football this weekend. KState is well coached good team. We need to improve our RZ offense. Everyone myself included could have done better last weekend. Our best football is still ahead of us he believes. 

sarkpcbingo.drawio(1).png.e6529b857dc13eba9bc85962475bbf33.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Herpa Derpa said:

So Sark uses his gut on RZ calls? Hmmm, based on recent results might a suggest a different approach.

i-will-do-the-opposite-seinfeld.gif

I doesn't make a shit because nothing is working. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. It doesn't mater whether we try to run or throw. We need to sort out that o-line so they quit busting plays and getting qbs hurt. Anywhere within 5 yards of the GL and the penetration is ridiculous. Its embarrassing.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Rimbo said:

sarkpcbingo.drawio(1).png.e6529b857dc13eba9bc85962475bbf33.png

I might be applying for an analyst position on Sark’s staff.   I was in Vegas this past weekend watching the game.

AND
At the end of the day, I was able to stay in the moment, have explosive plays and finish in the red area…….twice!

/csb

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

I just don't understand why there isn't an under center play with a DT playing FB either blocking for RB

Hmm, I must have imagined the Byron Murphy as leadback play getting stuffed multiple times this year including 4th and goal against BYU

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, WBT said:

Hmm, I must have imagined the Byron Murphy as leadback play getting stuffed multiple times this year including 4th and goal against BYU

I guess I missed it. Just seems crazy we can't "Tush Push" MM given he's like 6'5" and just cram Sweat or someone behind him to shove his ass forward. I guess the interior OL is just that bad as noted above.

6 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Sark is ticked they aren’t physical enough. Good. 

Watching rewind , it seems like on the 4th down when the corners was playing 10yards off it was on the player 

per Sark: I would love if we would play closer, make it challenging for the WR but they have to develop confidence”

which is a sigh of relief because I thought we were coaching that 

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I doesn't make a shit because nothing is working. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. It doesn't mater whether we try to run or throw. We need to sort out that o-line so they quit busting plays and getting qbs hurt. Anywhere within 5 yards of the GL and the penetration is ridiculous. Its embarrassing.

Maybe we: (a) take a delay of game penalty to get further from the goal line or (b) kick a fucking FG?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

score from 25 yards out... just start taking your shots at the 25 and then kick a field goal....

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

I just don't understand why there isn't an under center play with a DT playing FB either blocking for RB or in QB sneak driving the QB forward.

This is just for short yardage type stuff.

In the goal line stand series vs OU, Sweat and Murphy were both in as full backs for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down plays