NFL Week 9

shadow_operative2.0

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

How? They kneeled from the normal XP spot, penalty was on the KO. 

You're right actually.  When I saw the unsportsmanlike call, I left the room and came back after the kickoff.  Didn't know it wasn't assessed on the pat, just saw they didn't make it.  Either way I took an L

• Like 1

I thought they were playing at Arrowhead for a bit until I saw the Frankfurt on the sideline. That German crowd really got into the Chiefs and the tomahawk chop chanting. 
Here's a weird transitive property NFL situation. Dolphins put up 70 on Broncos, Broncos beat Chiefs by 15, Chiefs beat Dolphins by 7. 

They are familiar with hand salutes. Heil Chiefs!

7 hours ago, Hermanator said:

thought they were playing at Arrowhead for a bit until I saw the Frankfurt on the sideline. That German crowd really got into the Chiefs and the tomahawk chop chanting.

For some reason, Germans have a fascination with the American Wild West. 

Edited by TonyTexas

Why does Chris Simms pronounce the Cincinnati NFL team’s name…

”The BANGLES” ??

IMG_9793.thumb.jpeg.fc424292a8b2e97a26c455c8652de913.jpeg

Every time he says that word I can imagine that teammates would have wanted to smash his face into a brick wall in the locker room.

In American English the first ”E” can have sound like “bing” or “Ben”, but never “bang”.

IMG_9795.jpeg

Edited by Napoleon
  • Haha 1

More on Dobbs... 

Just before his first play as the Minnesota Vikings' emergency quarterback, Josh Dobbs joined a quick meeting with the offensive line. His new teammates wanted to make sure he knew the five primary cadences they have used this season, a discussion normally handled on the first day of training camp.

Acquired Tuesday from the Arizona Cardinals , Dobbs did not receive a single rep with the Vikings' offense during the practice week. Before Sunday, he hadn't thrown a practice pass to any of their receivers, nor taken a snap from center Garrett Bradbury. He didn't even know most of their full names, he later admitted. 

---- 

It all happened in his hometown -- Dobbs is a graduate of Alpharetta (Ga.) High School -- and a local reporter asked O'Connell if that added a level to the significance of what happened. There was one problem.

"This may surprise you," O'Connell said, "But I just met him a few days ago and I didn't know that. You just gave me something to talk to our new quarterback about." 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38825249/vikings-jaren-hall-concussion-josh-dobbs-qb

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Dude is a legend in the making. I'm trying to make Dobbs Syndrome a thing, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. We need a nickname for this fuckin assassin 

How the fuck is overthrowing a receiver who STOPPED HIS ROUTE by 15 yards intentional grounding?   

I mean come on. Burrow wasnt under immediate pressure, and either he or his receiver were under the impression they were running a different route. 

we all know what intentional grounding looks like and that sure as fuck wasnt a QB under immediate pressure dumping the ball off

More on Dobbs... 
Just before his first play as the Minnesota Vikings' emergency quarterback, Josh Dobbs joined a quick meeting with the offensive line. His new teammates wanted to make sure he knew the five primary cadences they have used this season, a discussion normally handled on the first day of training camp.
Acquired Tuesday from the Arizona Cardinals , Dobbs did not receive a single rep with the Vikings' offense during the practice week. Before Sunday, he hadn't thrown a practice pass to any of their receivers, nor taken a snap from center Garrett Bradbury. He didn't even know most of their full names, he later admitted. 
---- 
It all happened in his hometown -- Dobbs is a graduate of Alpharetta (Ga.) High School -- and a local reporter asked O'Connell if that added a level to the significance of what happened. There was one problem.
"This may surprise you," O'Connell said, "But I just met him a few days ago and I didn't know that. You just gave me something to talk to our new quarterback about." 
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38825249/vikings-jaren-hall-concussion-josh-dobbs-qb

This is a really cool story. I would watch the cardinals from time to time and think man I feel sorry for this guy. He’s a player and giving it his all.
  • Hook 'Em 1