9-1

Huckleberry

2 hours ago, mwaadeeb said:

We don't deserve a shot at the playoffs IMO unless we absolutely crush our next three wins -- but even then the odds look pretty slim. Even if FSU loses to Miami and drops out, Georgia will stay above us (or Alabama will beat them and jump us), the winner of UW vs Oregon will stay above us, and both the winner and loser of OSU vs Michigan will probably stay above us. That's four. 

Worst take I have seen in a while. Yeah fucking right. 

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, immamac said:

After yesterday the likelihood of a playoff berth is under 10% because Texas has to both win out and hope for a wtf loss from 2 of the other teams ahead. Highly unlikely but possible. 

This

It is more likely than not that we are headed to the Cotton Bowl playing against someone like Mississippi or Missouri. 

38 minutes ago, Fico said:

Offense:

LT - Soph

LG - Soph

RG - Soph

QB - Rs. Soph…. Unique too with limited amount of experience (graduated early, wasted/lost year at OSU)

RB - Soph/Fr.

We have more upper class men on defense but we are thin. Safety has upper class men but is weak spot with depth.

LB is Ford…. And freshman Hill… everyone else is a jag/scrub

CB/NB is solid, DT/DL is solid.

Hayden Connor is a junior bruh. And if you want to play games to classify two guys who will be in the pros next year in Ewers and Brooks as underclass to make yourself feel better, have at it. But this is not a young team by college football standards. We are experienced and talented (which is why we’re 9-1).

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, oh_snap said:

I think this is only true if UGA beats Bama. If Bama wins, we’re fucked. 

Why would we be "fucked"? LOL

We would own a win over the SEC champ (their only loss) and Georgia's only loss would be to the team that we beat. And Georgia wouldnt be conference champ. 0.0% chance Georgia gets in over us. 

• Hook 'Em 4

If Georgia beats Tennessee and then loses to Bama in the SEC championship game they may only have 2 top 25 win on the year. 

If they fucking get in over Texas with that shit schedule I would be pissed. 

11 minutes ago, texastroubadour said:

But with back to back titles they will

That's not how it works. It's based on this year's resume and the reality is they've played a shit schedule. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

3 hours ago, mwaadeeb said:

We don't deserve a shot at the playoffs IMO unless we absolutely crush our next three wins -- but even then the odds look pretty slim. Even if FSU loses to Miami and drops out, Georgia will stay above us (or Alabama will beat them and jump us), the winner of UW vs Oregon will stay above us, and both the winner and loser of OSU vs Michigan will probably stay above us. That's four. 

For all intents and purposes, the play-off starts from the next week onwards for the top 12 or so teams. Unless in top 4, don't drop another game. 

Agree they “shouldn’t” get in. But if you don’t think there will be immense pressure to keep the two time defending national champion with only 1-loss in the last three years out of the playoff, I don’t know what to tell you. If Bama blows them out, then won’t be an issue. But a close bama win, and just watch.

If you thought 2008 was fucked, just wait. I hope to god we never find out. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, oh_snap said:

Agree they “shouldn’t” get in. But if you don’t think there will be immense pressure to keep the two time defending national champion with only 1-loss in the last three years out of the playoff, I don’t know what to tell you.

SOS per ESPN/Sagarin: Texas #12 and #10, Georgia #77 and #69

If Georgia gets in over Texas with that strength of schedule then something is seriously wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Hayden Connor is a junior bruh. And if you want to play games to classify two guys who will be in the pros next year in Ewers and Brooks as underclass to make yourself feel better, have at it. But this is not a young team by college football standards. We are experienced and talented (which is why we’re 9-1).

Nobody is playing games. My mistake on Hayden.

The fact is people don’t want to look at things critically or with nuance.

Yes, like it or not. Rs. Soph QB is young, especially one who has had as unique a path as QE… and he is a very good player for us. Which is kinda of my point.

Brooks is in is his first year starting and is also a Rs. Soph. That is young. The point is, when most of your best talent is young both in actual age and in experience mistakes will happen.

The “dominant” teams, historically, are when the majority of the best players are older players and when those teams have depth of talent, which we do not.

I’m not sure why this is a difficult concept to grasp. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Georgia getting in over Texas would send the message to everyone that scheduling tough non-conference opponents simply doesn't matter. 

Georgia had to beat the likes of UAB, UT Martin, Ball State, and Georgia Tech in non-conference while we had to beat Alabama on the road. Teams should absolutely be punished for this bullshit. 

If NOT then Texas should not schedule another tough non-conference opponent again. 

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Sorry, let me elaborate.

There is no way that two 1-loss SEC teams one without a conference championship and the other one having lost to Texas at home get in over a 1-loss conference champion Texas. You are certain that every possible worst case scenario will happen. Stop being a pussy.

Hope that helps.

You're such a beating, dude. Jesus. I should bring a leather glove to the next tailgate and bitch slap you like a French aristocrat.

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Conner is also garbage. It's like watching a 330lb moron on skates. Dude is balls. Why they don't replace him with Hutson (if he's healthy), I don't know.

Hayden Conner:Lz4hiUMMtVK12(1).gif.106cfb0bbec1e9c8ddeafc439370dc0b.gif

• Fuck You 3

We stayed at 7 in the AP and coaches poll. If we're still 7 in the CFP I don't know if that's good or bad. 

Sark needs to start lobbying for a Texas playoff spot on the field and quit getting cute by blowing 20+ point games. I'm happy we're 9-1 but it would be dope to see Texas in the CFP. 

There have been more goods than bad for this team, I'd hate for this season to go to waste, even if we get blown out or lose our first CFP game to me it's still an achievement to build on

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, wood said:

Last I checked, a 3-point win still counts the same as a 50-point win.

This is word-for-word the exact same sentiment we kept repeating in 2018, convinced we had turned a corner. Then the upperclassmen powering that team graduated, and we stopped winning all those close games. Herman was gone two years later.

Stringing together close win after close win over inferior competition isn't sustainable for very long and isn't a good sign of progress. We have very clearly regressed over the course of the season.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

This is word-for-word the exact same sentiment we kept repeating in 2018, convinced we had turned a corner. Then the upperclassmen powering that team graduated, and we stopped winning all those close games. Herman was gone two years later.

Stringing together close win after close win over inferior competition isn't sustainable for very long and isn't a good sign of progress. We have very clearly regressed over the course of the season.

Except our underclassmen are actually really fucking good and we have a staff that can develop

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, satyanash said:

1) Herman lost 4 games in 2018 so let's see how this season ends.

2) You're surprised that Texas has regressed some with all the injuries they've had? 

Jesus, you are a beating. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Jimmy Two Times said:

Means we comfortably handled Alabama in Tuscaloosa and largely took care of business against every other team with one slip up. Sure we'd like more style points but damn how can folks be this miserable about a team with a live chance of making the CFP.

you can say that again, that again

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, satyanash said:

We're clearly better as a program, you must acknowledge that. And we're still fucking in it with three winnable games to go. The leaderboard is looking pretty tough but I'm stoked to have a shot.

• Hook 'Em 1

It all comes down to Florida state losing. The big 10 champ will likely be undefeated so they are in. The sec champ will likely either be undefeated or have 1 loss so they are in. The pac 12 champ will likely have 1 loss although 2 loss champ is possible. We make it in over a 2 loss pac 12 champ. If FSU loses 1 game to either Florida or Louisville, we will go ahead of them. That's it. Those are the scenarios.

And I shouldn't have to say this but any team who doesn't win their conference is NOT going ahead of us. That is asinine and stupid beyond belief. If we win out the worst we end up in the playoff rankings is 5th. Best is 3rd. 

Edited by UTGrad98

The big issue with @satyanash 2018 comparison is the NFL talent difference. 

Texas had a 2nd, 3rd, 5th (a punter BTW), and 6th rounder drafted after that season. Texas could very well have 3 to 4 first-rounders after this season if things go right. Plus others drafted. Sark is developing and finding much higher-end NFL talent than Herman was. 

But let satya not recognize the obvious. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

3 hours ago, immamac said:

After yesterday the likelihood of a playoff berth is under 10% because Texas has to both win out and hope for a wtf loss from 2 of the other teams ahead. Highly unlikely but possible. 

3 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Florida State losing to Florida or Louisville gets us in

say what you want but I think Oregon State at home upsets Washington next week and Florida beats FSU at home last weekend of the season

we just need to handle our business 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Georgia getting in over Texas would send the message to everyone that scheduling tough non-conference opponents simply doesn't matter. 

Georgia had to beat the likes of UAB, UT Martin, Ball State, and Georgia Tech in non-conference while we had to beat Alabama on the road. Teams should absolutely be punished for this bullshit. 

If NOT then Texas should not schedule another tough non-conference opponent again. 

Wasn't Georgia scheduled to play OU this year but got cancelled?

yes the injuries have hampered us but this is a base case scenario happening at this point. A healthy Texas would have been beating everyone by at least 20+ points even OU imo but we’re still 9-1 with a shot at the CCG and Playoff hopes, as well as players who might not have seen the field getting valuable playing time for next year. 

All and all depending how the next few weeks play out this could really be a blessing in disguise 

4 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

It all comes down to Florida state losing. The big 10 champ will likely be undefeated so they are in. The sec champ will likely either be undefeated or have 1 loss so they are in. The pac 12 champ will likely have 1 loss although 2 loss champ is possible. We make it in over a 2 loss pac 12 champ. If FSU loses 1 game to either Florida or Louisville, we will go ahead of them. That's it. Those are the scenarios.

And I shouldn't have to say this but any team who doesn't win their conference is NOT going ahead of us. That is asinine and stupid beyond belief. If we win out the worst we end up in the playoff rankings is 5th. Best is 4th. 

Seems if we keep winning unconvincingly and beat Okie Lite or whoever, we could get fucked by a one loss Georgia, but maybe you're right.

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Florida isn't good but that might be a weird game in Gainesville because Napier could be coaching for his life. A rivalry game, a coach trying to save his job, and at home. 

It’s possible, I’m not sure how probable. I do, however, think Louisville will be a surprise for FSU and they could get them. Just hoping though, just like I’m hoping Oregon State beats Washington.

• Hook 'Em 2

Things we do at an elite level offensively.

1) Intermediate passing game

2) Screen game to RBs

Things we are above average but inconsistent

1) deep shots

2) WR blocking on WR screen game

Things we are below average at

1) run blocking

2) 3rd and short predictable play-calling.

Sarkisian wants to salt games away in the 2nd half with the running game with an OL that is not capable of delivering consistently.

He needs to figure out that playing not to lose will only cause you to lose.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

I’ll take 9-1 but we’re playing with fire and eventually, our luck will run out. Our head coach is a problem but our O line isn’t executing in the 2nd half and our D seems to decide no longer to give effort when we’re up big. I think we have a problem of player leadership and our HC that wants to continue to be an OC only in crucial moments. Gideon/Joseph doesn’t mesh with PK and that needs to be fixed which means someone has to go.

I tried going through the whole thread, but got to this gem and .(*&&^$###.

Please for the love all that is holy and Saint Darrell, Saint Nick, and Saint Gipp, PLEASE GET GIDEON THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!! 

• Hook 'Em 1