9-1

Huckleberry

We have matched some people's predictions for the season with 2 games to go, have already exceeded the win total from last year, and we still have a ton of meat left on this bone. 

Hopefully the Brooks injury isn't season ending, but this team is more than equipped to win through the air. Baxter can hit lighter boxes on the interior and we can go 11 or 10 personnel hitting short passes until the deep ball opens up.

Of course this means we'll be running with Jaydon Blue into stacked boxes behind Hayden Conner next week.

It's a blessing to be 9-1, we already got the style points we needed this year in Tuscaloosa. Gotta win the Big 12, then see what happens from there. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Dark Horse said:

Im starting to feel like we’re 2022 TCU. Win a bunch of close games (maybe despite our coach), and eventually our luck will run out. 

I think our roster is significantly better and deeper than that with young talent. 

I just really want Jonathon to be okay, he doesn’t need to play but this fucks with his NFL money. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The big difference between Sark and Herman/Strong is I think he's done a much better job of stacking legit talent. That makes up for his coaching malpractice at times. 

Figure out that part of the coaching and the ceiling is much higher. 

Three years of NIL makes a differences. 

Just the messenger and ESPN provided the facts.

TCU                                                        TEXAS                                                             IOWA ST

Total D Rank               89                                                            37                                                                        29

Total Passing           3946                                                           3371                                                                    3290

Pass per game         394.6                                                          337.1                                                                   329

Total O Rank                16                                                              14                                                                    94

Total Off yards            4549                                                          4593                                                                3478

Yards per game           454.9                                                         459.3                                                               347.8

Avg Point per game     28.9                                                            33.8                                                                 25.7

Total pass yds              2971                                                           2758                                                               2186

Two things stand out again.   How will we play?  Our guys must recognize this is mucho importante game this week and play accordingly.  The other is the walking wounded.  I mean damn, we need guys to get well and the backups to step up.   We're gonna have to dance with one that brought us to the dance.  There aren't any returns or exchanges available.  These kids are our kids, the teams kids, Sark's kids.  So, men let's step up and let's go win one for the 40 acres.  We're gonna fight, fight, fight.  When hell freezes over, we'll fight 'em on the ice.  What do ya say men?

11 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Somebody name one of these current mistake-free teams who play to their full potential every game.  

I think the main frustrating thing is that team appears to be getting worse rather than improving. Our in season coaching appears to be really subpar. Or maybe it really is just injuries fucking with us. 

That said, I'll take 3 point wins all the way to a big 12 and national championship. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I think it's fair to question routinely blowing 20 point leads (going back to 2021) without getting hammered with "oh so you demand perfect football??". 

This.  sometimes its the O shitting the bed, sometimes it is the D.

9-1 is 9-1 but I remember when Jimbo went 9-1. 

The Big 12 sucks ass this year also.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I think it's fair to question routinely blowing 20 point leads (going back to 2021) without getting hammered with "oh so you demand perfect football??". 

To be fair, we were routinely blowing them in previous years. This year, we've hung on. Maybe next year we will be able to close them out better? 

I thought Sark called a good game yesterday and against KSU. I don't think play calling is our issue. It is something else. That same something that causes us to fuck ourselves in the Redzone. We just have an entire team that suffers from premature ejaculation. 

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

To be fair, we were routinely blowing them in previous years. This year, we've hung on. Maybe next year we will be able to close them out better? 

I thought Sark called a good game yesterday and against KSU. I don't think play calling is our issue. It is something else. That same something that causes us to fuck ourselves in the Redzone. We just have an entire team that suffers from premature ejaculation. 

The main thing is our OL still isn't fixed.  It is better but not fixed.  The DB(mainly safety) issue is lingering problem.

Edited by dcar00
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

This.  sometimes its the O shitting the bed, sometimes it is the D.

9-1 is 9-1 but I remember when Jimbo went 9-1. 

The Big 12 sucks ass this year also.

Their marquee win that season was over an 8-4 Florida team in a FUBAR season. Contrast that with ours this year. This team has been banged up as fuck this year and we're still 9-1. Any of the undefeated teams could've taken an L or struggled if their QB got hurt.

People also need to remember that this is only Sark's 3rd year and his coaching staff had to rebuild the O-line from scratch. 

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 2

He’s running wide open across the middle at this very moment.
I’ve not cared at all about being a playoff team this year because I think we get worked against a few of those top tier teams. 
Just win the Big XII and let the rest take care of itself.
Other than Michigan and maybe Georgia on a good day I haven't seen any truly dominant team out there that couldn't be beaten if we have a good day as well. Hell, we've already beaten what is considered one of those more dominant teams. How quickly we forget the playoffs were a distant pipe dream before we kicked off against Rice. It's incredible we're even in position to pearl clutch and hand wring about how we'd match up against any of the likely playoff teams.
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

the trajectory appears to be up but this year's big 12 is flat awful.  we should be doing this, TBH.  PK continually getting outadjusted in the 2nd half is a problem, IMO.  Kansas is really the only game we really put a clamp down on a decent team in the 2nd half.  Bama was a complete game but 2nd half was 21-18.

If Brooks is out the D is going to need to step up big.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'd be overjoyed with an 11-1 record, especially with the shit play calling that's been plaguing the team causing these second half collapses against bad teams.  A NY6 bowl and Big 12 Championship would be a nice consolation prize, had the team not collapsed on that late drive in the red river shootout we could be talking about the CFP, but that's irrelevant at this point too many teams need to lose to have a shot and squeaking by bad teams isn't going to make a case with the committee.

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Well we’ve lost twice there at night so maybe we should go to Columbus 

The thing is I feel we would do better in Columbus.  Don’t laugh.  Just as lesser teams play us with their best performances, we play up to the level of better teams.  I think that’s why we will do well in the SEC.

Playcalling was way too predictable in the 2nd half. I don’t disagree with running the ball but Sark kept running the same predictable running plays. No pitches, no sweeps with Blue, I don’t remember seeing any counters in the 4th. Oh, X was 1 on 1 with no safety help and they still ran it. I think Sark brains freezes under pressure and it trickles down. The D isn’t innocent either but the O isn’t helping going 3 and out quickly.
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Other than Michigan and maybe Georgia on a good day I haven't seen any truly dominant team out there that couldn't be beaten if we have a good day as well. Hell, we've already beaten what is considered one of those more dominant teams. How quickly we forget the playoffs were a distant pipe dream before we kicked off against Rice. It's incredible we're even in position to pearl clutch and hand wring about how we'd match up against any of the likely playoff teams.

Bama would beat us now. They keep improving week to week while we regress. Oh, both teams have injuries too. The difference is at the top.
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Chad said:

I'd be overjoyed with an 11-1 record, especially with the shit play calling that's been plaguing the team causing these second half collapses against bad teams.  A NY6 bowl and Big 12 Championship would be a nice consolation prize, had the team not collapsed on that late drive in the red river shootout we could be talking about the CFP, but that's irrelevant at this point too many teams need to lose to have a shot and squeaking by bad teams isn't going to make a case with the committee.

11-1 and an NY6 bowl and Big12 championship would be a great season. From watching Georgia, UM, Oregon, etc. I don’t think we are a top 4 team this season anyways. Next year, we win it all.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BeardIP said:

What does greened out mean?

Too much booze and too much reefer. Your skin actually takes on a green hue kinda. I DO NOT recommend this. 

1 minute ago, BeardIP said:

11-1 and an NY6 bowl and Big12 championship would be a great season. From watching Georgia, UM, Oregon, etc. I don’t think we are a top 4 team this season anyways. Next year, we win it all.

Fire sark. What a failure of a season. 

56 minutes ago, Slacks said:

Is Ames the new Columbus or something? You mentioned playing there at night twice. 

If this team had VY, Casey Studdard and Micheal Griffin I wouldn't be so concerned. And what does 9-1 really mean when the B12 sucks donkey shit this year? I don't think anyone projected the B12 to suck so bad either. This year just may be the worst B12 ever, especially when adding the newcomers.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Stunns38 said:

Playcalling was way too predictable in the 2nd half. I don’t disagree with running the ball but Sark kept running the same predictable running plays. No pitches, no sweeps with Blue, I don’t remember seeing any counters in the 4th. Oh, X was 1 on 1 with no safety help and they still ran it. I think Sark brains freezes under pressure and it trickles down. The D isn’t innocent either but the O isn’t helping going 3 and out quickly.

I think it's essentially that there is a "ok we're up big, let's just get out of here with the W" feeling that trickles down from the coaches to the players. And we don't have the OL to just line up and mash and run the clock out. And the other team is in overdrive trying to get back in the game. So, that's a bad combo. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

If this team had VY, Casey Studdard and Micheal Griffin I wouldn't be so concerned. And what does 9-1 really mean when the B12 sucks donkey shit this year? I don't think anyone projected the B12 to suck so bad either. This year just may be the worst B12 ever, especially when adding the newcomers.

It means we’ve played 10 games, and won 9 of them….pretty fucking simple concept.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Unfortunately, we lose a lot this year but I’m not fearful as many of the SEC. Our O line “should” be a strength. If we revamp the back end of the Defense then I would feel better. Gideon and Joseph just don’t mesh with PK and it won’t work.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Stunns38 said:

Unfortunately, we lose a lot this year but I’m not fearful as many of the SEC. Our O line “should” be a strength. If we revamp the back end of the Defense then I would feel better. Gideon and Joseph just don’t mesh with PK and it won’t work.

I’m sure we are doing it, but need to be triaging the Aggies we want for the NIL/transfer diaspora once Jimbo is officially gone. Go Black Friday shopping for 2024

• Like 1

I think it's essentially that there is a "ok we're up big, let's just get out of here with the W" feeling that trickles down from the coaches to the players. And we don't have the OL to just line up and mash and run the clock out. And the other team is in overdrive trying to get back in the game. So, that's a bad combo. 

This! I think player leadership needs to step up at this juncture as well. It’s obvious that I’m not the biggest fan of Sark but the players need to step up too. I was at the game and they just looked bored and uninterested in the 2nd half. Coaches can only do so much.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Bama would beat us now. They keep improving week to week while we regress. Oh, both teams have injuries too. The difference is at the top.
We won't play Bama again this season (possibly a non playoff bowl) so it's totally irrelevant if they're a better team now than the one we beat in September. You think anyone at Bama is comforted by the thought they could likely beat us if we played again when that isn't likely to happen? That sort of thinking is reserved for aggy and other aggy-minded programs.
  • Hook 'Em 1