9-1

Huckleberry

8 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

9-1    Better get up for next two games... Cyclones and tech are improving.  

Are they? 

After the Kansas loss last weekend they moved to 1-4 against D1 teams with a winning record. They look like the same team from the beginning of the year. Beat meh to bad teams (other than OK State) and lose to almost every good team. 

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Are they? 

After the Kansas loss last weekend they moved to 1-4 against D1 teams with a winning record. They look like the same team from the beginning of the year. Beat meh to bad teams (other than OK State) and lose to almost every good team. 

They look pretty damn good against 30 year-old Mormons right now.  

6 minutes ago, oh_snap said:

We could have beat TCU by 50 tonight, but lose next week and we miss the rig12 championship game. A win is a win is a win.
9-1, on to Ames. Winning by 1 is fine, as long as we win. 

Haven’t looked at all the tie breaker scenarios, but how does a loss next week knock us out?

2 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

They look pretty damn good against 30 year-old Mormons right now.  

I thought that would have been a closer game just because BYU is a better team at home. But BYU is also about to be 5-5 and could very well be 4-6 if not some luck against Arkansas. 

I'm worried about any team on the road but Iowa State is 1-4 against D1 teams with a winning record. This is not a game we should lose. 

Depends on where the ceiling is. It still feels like we are on our way up.

12 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

We can both be happy with 9-1 and pissed about the idiocy of the coaching & leadership. The two things can coexist.

I don't know what the problem is really. Will the program outgrow this issue? Is it really idiotic leadership? I have seen subpar leadership. It doesn't look like increasing talent and better results. The fact we had Brooks and Baxter ready to replace Bijan and Roschon is amazing. That is not idiotic leadership and coaching.

So are our current issues just a stage in our rising up from our doldrums or are they something that just comes with Sark and they will will ultimately be his undoing.

I don't know. So I will wait and see. But not pissed yet. Maybe this tendency just something we have to overcome.

But I certainly expect it going forward this year. But I also expected all these games to be tough.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 2

We can both be happy with 9-1 and pissed about the idiocy of the coaching & leadership. The two things can coexist.
Agreed that it can, but the people who truly want us to move on from Sark given each year has shown improvement and we're sitting at 9-1 alone at the top of the conference standings are idiots of the worst kind.

Will Sark's tenure be more like Mack's or closer to Strong/Herman? Hard to say for sure at this point, but once again...improvement each year and we're trending up in the W/L category in spite of some breakdowns on both sides of the ball in multiple games. It's up to the individual fan to do with that whatever they will, but makes zero impact on what happens on the field of play.
  • Hook 'Em 5

Fuck it.  Ok.  Just continue to win these stupid ass, ugly wins.  Finish 11-1.  Win the conference, beating OU.  Lose out on the CFP finishing 7th or 8th.  Play in the Cotton Bowl and win, maybe.  Depends on who we play.  So 13-1 or 12-2 season.  I am reassessing now and feeling, yeah OK, this is good.  I’m done thinking of Texas like an upper-middle class suburbanite thinks of and tells their kid, I know you can do much better if you just apply yourself.  Just gonna coast now.

• Like 1

Finishing 10-2 is still progress (next week is a loss imo) 
Based on what, the clones being an awesome team? No win is ever guaranteed, but the thing about good teams is they still come out with a W even with some shitty play on both sides of the ball. MB coached teams were known for this...but at the end of the day it's much better to have an ugly win than pretty loss. (aggy style)