• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pancho unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, D3zii said:

BTW 

Baxter went for 100 yards!!! 
idk why y’all surprised. They named him a starter at the beginning of the season for a reason 

Because it's clear the difference between him and Brooks is MASSIVE. Not even close. It was bizarre and absurd. As well as Baxter did tonight, he still doesn't see the open holes well. His vision is that of a  frosh who isn't generational, but has big upside. Brooks has shown flashes in actual games. Then when everyone saw Brooks again he did exactly what he's been doing in his limited time behind Bijan and Roschon...learning + adapting his own talent. 

It was stupid then and now to start Baxter over Brooks, obviously. It was a screw up, but it's behind us now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, CoachTex said:

Brooks had 3 years to learn the inside zone sceam.  It is a very different style and visual key for a back. Back has to see the whole line and read both linebackers looking for the seam as the either over persue or get pinned.  Baxter did great today running counter plays.  This is an easier style of offense on running backs as the holes where runs are going to hit are pre assigned.  It might bounce a gap in or out but pretty much the same area.  Inside zone is going to take Baxter some time.

This is 100% correct, and I don't think he's going to get it next year for the most part, even though I do believe he'll be markedly better in all phases, which will be great since I don't think Brooks will be back until ou at the earliest (but I could be wrong, and I hope I am). You know who I think is being slept on that will do damage for us next year is Christian Clark. That dude has another level in him. I personally think he's better than Jerrick Gibson. That's obviously just my opinion, but watching their hudl and Clark is vastly underrated (just like Brooks was). I'm excited to see it happen. Then hope we land Harlem Berry or Jordan Davison (crossing my fingers it's Berry, but he's announcing in Dec, so I don't know where he'll commit, but hope Choice can land him/flip him at some point). 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, FtheBig12 said:

Really wanted sark to score there and shove shit their faces but I guess he's a better man than me.

2 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

redheadboobsdancing.gif.fef98760ca2c5673bd2b94e7f8879aaf.gifpoolside.gif.6094eb3557701a8c260670ae7379701a.gifwalk.gif.8537a8e3f709dab4bac572c18c8d73fc.gif

2 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

10-1 you fuck waffles.  

Isn't it "twat" waffles, just for clarity

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

Yackmark to you:

Happy Friday GIF by Rise at Seven

lulz

2 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

He’s deeply saddened but determined.    He gets one more shot next week. 

IMG_3782.jpeg

That look when you realize, I'm such a choade.

2 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

Meanwhile, Sark had no idea someone was hook'em 'ing above his head...

image.png.b64b9f97b2ae1935981d0fbfbe637080.png

Fuck yes

2 hours ago, JGrayDBU said:

unless they beat Georgia in the SEC championship game.  We have enough to worry about going up against Rig 12 officiating two more weeks. 

It don't make a shit

2 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Little Rock, Fayetteville.   It's all shitty SEC country.

Fayettenam is actually a fun college townl

2 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

Look, Dude.  Errything runs through lubbock...

... lmao I kid...

Austin. TX baby

2 hours ago, JGrayDBU said:

Our injury count must be out of this world.  Does Tech come in super-motivated for some special reason, other than making sure we don't go to the CFP?  Cuz I don't think we're going to the CFP anyway.  Rig 12 still has it out for us.  That slimy dude Yormark doesn't want to stand up there and have to present Texas with a trophy. 

https://x.com/TexasFootball/status/1726116736250864006?s=20

2 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

can we PLEASE not do the AI shit this thread?   we won, no need to make stupid AI pics of it

yeah. post babeage

2 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

IMG_0869.jpeg

bahahaha

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I would rather play Oklahoma State than K-State or OU.

Have you seen Oklahoma State the last 2 weekends? They've been pretty awful against below average teams. 

it don't make a shit

Edited by jw4381
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

His dad sat behind me tonight and was very proud of his son’s performance. As were we. All of the parents were cheering like crazy for each other’s kids, it was cool to see. Good team culture extending to the mommas and daddies  

Our fan contingent was great. Talked some good shit, too. 

That's freaking awesome, dude. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Counterpoint: they won’t look like that against us. 

Counterpoint: bet the fuck they will. They played up during our game while we seem to have a rock steady average that equates to just being better than people. Mix in Gabriel being out and we roll those cunts.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, MillerEP said:

If we lose next week we go into a four way tie against ou, osu, and ksu. We beat all but ou, so top two will go to the championship game. That means us and whoever else is left.

I haven't read the tie breakers but...

We haven't played and won't play Oklahoma State, so "we beat all but OU" isn't correct 

In a 4-way tie, we'd be 1-1 (KSU, OU). OU would be 1-1 (TEX, OSU). OSU would be 2-0 (OU, KSU). KSU would be 0-2 (OSU, TEX).

In this scenario, wouldn't OSU get in first, leaving 3 way tie between the rest of us?