T'Vondre Sweat Appreciation Thread

BurntOrange&White

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweat is going to go first round and probably closer to the 1 than 32.  He’s playing out of his mind.  There’s been 3 interior DL that have been dominant since 2010 on my opinion at Texas.  Malcolm Brown, Poona Ford, and Sweat.  Sweat has the size these GMs drool over and his pass rush ability and ability to deflect passes is very good.  Dude is being double teamed and is tossing these guys around.  Props to Sweat and this coaching staff.  It’s so good to see potential actually be reached at Texas again.

Edited by victory88
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

“100% country, I’m listening all the time.” 

Chris Stapleton is his third. that bro and I could be good friends.

damn, I gotta little fan crush  on that big dude. 

I love his story, all of it. Gives me hope for one of my sons that struggles. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Petition to rename this thread: "Overweight in a contract year". (For the sickos that remember day 1 of the Fall Camp Thread).

On 8/3/2023 at 1:01 PM, closetojumping said:

Go for it. The guy weighed in at 362. He’s overweight in a contract year. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

He also throws a stiff arm, but the arm in the white long sleeve thats attached to a 360 lb guy had more to do with what happened to Ford

Sweat did not throw a stiff arm.  He just had his hand on Ford's shoulder when he went down.  Watch the tech player's shoulder / upper body rotate as he throws Ford down.

14 minutes ago, Kwix said:

Sweat did not throw a stiff arm.  He just had his hand on Ford's shoulder when he went down.  Watch the tech player's shoulder / upper body rotate as he throws Ford down.

I'm not going to debate you on this but if that's your conclusion from watching that clip and reading what the players involved said then it's certainly your prerogative to be another StassneyHorn 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

My son is friends with Sweat via several common friends. He would tell you that Sweat’s rise is absolutely incredible given where he started at Texas, in maturity and development. It really is an amazing story. 

Just watch the damn behind the face mask interview if you haven’t. It’s obvious from that what happened. 

• Hook 'Em 1

All-America accolades are starting to come in for Sweat

CBS Sports - 1st-team DL

USA Today - 1st-team DL

Pro Football Focus - 1st-team IDL

At 362 pounds, Sweat is an absolute monster in the run game. His 92.0 PFF run-defense grade this year led all FBS interior defensive linemen, and his 15 tackles for loss/no-gain were tied for second. That’s not to say he’s an incapable pass-rusher either, as the senior’s 14.2% pass-rush win rate was 10th among all defensive tackles in the country. He also had the best celebration of the season after catching a touchdown against Oklahoma State in the Big 12 championship this past weekend.

The Athletic - 1st-team DT

Few positions are harder to judge by stats (Ndamukong Suh at Nebraska aside) than defensive tackle, and Sweat’s impact is certainly felt far beyond the box score. The 6-foot-4, 362-pound Sweat has been a breakout star as a fifth-year senior, the key cog in a dominant run defense that ranks fourth in yards allowed per game (80.9) and fifth in yards allowed per rush (2.9). Sweat has 42 tackles, eight tackles for loss, two sacks, four pass breakups and, for good measure, a receiving touchdown in the Big 12 title game.

Edited by satyanash
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1