Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread

dad

16 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Really good point. It’s not like her father took part in violating guest right during a wedding, so killing a dragon during a parlay would be a really crazy thing for Cersei to do.

You gotta have a code bro. And the Frey’s literally got got from taint to dick tip. You fuck with rules and you get obliterated. You don’t kill on parlay. Many other things to shit on fine, but breaking parlay? Damn son! You just uncultured swine!

Edited by achooloco

Maybe it's cause I drink while watching these episodes, but I just don't get how so many are saying that episode sucked.  I thought it was awesome.  Cracks forming between Jon and Dany and the secret is out, Varys and Tryion doubting Dany, shocking death of Rhaegal, Jamie just can't quit Cersei, etc.

The celebration ran a bit long, but still thought there were some strong moments throughout.

It was. Similar to the earlier seasons of the show. Good writing and storytelling. Surprising deaths. More talking than fighting.

Good shit.

2 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Maybe it's cause I drink while watching these episodes, but I just don't get how so many are saying that episode sucked.  I thought it was awesome.  Cracks forming between Jon and Dany and the secret is out, Varys and Tyrion doubting Dany, shocking death of Rhaegal, Jamie just can't quit Cersei, etc.

The celebration ran a bit long, but still thought there were some strong moments throughout.

Quoting cause out of rep. This ep was the tits. But to be fair, got to view it through the “binge”lens. 

Lets be honest, I’d say almost all people born after 1990 who would see this ep in a binge instead of with a week off, you know you’d like it. But cause you gotta wait (and to be fair us pre-1990 folk have been conditioned) people bitch. But if you could binge, it’s be the shit. 

1 minute ago, LonghornSean said:

To be fair here are the main things I didn't like:

Bronn just waltzing in to see Tyrion and Jamie, crossbow in hand.  No guards, no questions?  That's a bit much.

Not getting to see Arya's and Sansa's reaction to the news of Jon's parentage.

They ain’t secret service level and half the army just died, think a couple cut throats sneaking in isn’t all that crazy.

agree on the second. But directors choice so whatevs 

Don’t let me come across as a bookfag, but how the fuck, at this point, are you misspelling Jon’s name?

Because Illiterati...

I’m sure they put Drogon out of reach of the arrows, he could have been miles away. These are oversized crossbows not god damn cruise missles
  • Like 2

Bronn just waltzing in to see Tyrion and Jamie, crossbow in hand.  No guards, no questions?  That's a bit much.

Yeah I don't really understand what Bronn is doing or what the fuck is going on there. Are they purposely just making him out to be a moron? People been promising him shit for like 4 seasons now and he still has nothing to show for it. At some point seems like he'd catch on. It's obvious that he's only still on the show for some random deus ex machina later. He's the new Benjen.

Also with you on Arya. Why is her response to that news to peace out immediately vowing never to return to Winterfell?
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

How can/will they protect the last dragon?   Can they make it wear armor? 

armor's not stopping that weapon. when she had two dragons, a night attack would have been a good idea 

Edited by tx 3 putt

Yeah, this was always going to be a politicking and moving pieces around the board episode.  As such, I thought it was not a great episode, but effective.

Next week is gonna be insanity.  I'm expecting some sort of cliffhanger, like it's basically a two episode finale.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 1

A great point a friend of mine brought up:

They have Bran on their side. He can warg into ravens, birds, whatever, and fly ahead and scout for their ships as they sail south. Guess not. Bran is just gonna sit there and be relegated to uselessness again. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Slade said:

They have Bran on their side. He can warg into ravens, birds, whatever, and fly ahead and scout for their ships as they sail south. Guess not. Bran is just gonna sit there and be relegated to uselessness again. 

That's what I told a friend of mine.  How the hell do they get ambushed anymore?  How does Dany not know there's an arsenal of nuclear crossbows floating around King's Landing?

Also with you on Arya. Why is her response to that news to peace out immediately vowing never to return to Winterfell?

I think Arya sees the whole board with the secret out and is positioning herself the clean up her lost and save Jon’s ass. Again.

I wonder if she’ll help the hound take down the mountain.

37 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

I was wondering how euron and his armada could see Dani and the dragons when Dani couldn’t see them.  If I can’t see you because you are around the corner, then you can’t see me because you are around the corner. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

armor's not stopping that weapon. when she had two dragons, a night attack would have been a good idea 

Probably true about the armor.  

It didn’t look like the weapon could point straight up.  Maybe they dive bomb them. 😀

And where is Yara? 

Edited by JOSEYWALES66

47 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Maybe it's cause I drink while watching these episodes, but I just don't get how so many are saying that episode sucked.  I thought it was awesome.  Cracks forming between Jon and Dany and the secret is out, Varys and Tyrion doubting Dany, shocking death of Rhaegal, Jamie just can't quit Cersei, etc.

yeah i'm with you. during the first 1/3 of the episode or so i was thinking, "okay, more of the same...", however i really enjoyed the final hour or so of the episode. As you said, the celebration was a bit long, but after that I thought it was easily the best episode of the season. imagine my surprise when I came to shaggy to see everyone shitting on the episode! I legit refrained from posting my thoughts because i figured everyone would assume i was just being a contrarian for the fuck of it. I really enjoyed the last 2/3 of that episode, and now i can't wait for next Sunday. 

• Like 1

I was wondering how euron and his armada could see Dani and the dragons when Dani couldn’t see them.  If I can’t see you because you are around the corner, then you can’t see me because you are around the corner. 

This was just ridiculous. How can she not see the ships around the bend when she is a few hundred feet in the air?

Not a terrible episode but with only a few left it’s looking like this show is going to limp to the finish line. This would have been a solid episode somewhere in the middle of the show, not one of the final 3 episodes. 

Agreed with others that I think the writing kind of sucks here. Hopefully the last couple can end the show on a high note.

Figured Bron would have a bigger soft spot for Jamie and Tyrion given all the shit they’ve been through.

Jamie’s flip flop felt off, don’t buy that he’s going back for love.

Arya gonna wear some faces and cut some throats from Inside KL. Hope she kills Cersei.

Where tf is Sam going?

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Hound eating some jerky or whatever... enjoying a peaceful horse back ride.. arya appears

"Oh for fucks sake" lolol

Euron and jamie will take eachother out. Especially when jamie finds out she's pregnant

Jamie already knows 

1 hour ago, lonestar3 said:

Don’t let me come across as a bookfag, but how the fuck, at this point, are you misspelling Jon’s name?

the amount of just egregious and completely unacceptable misspellings in this thread bottles the fucking mind.  fuck reading anything, this goddamn show has been on for almost a decade and people are still typing “clyburn” and “tyrian” and “sersei”... 

47 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

graphene could do it.  if dany weren’t such a dumb bitch she’d have figured it out by now. 

Some nice little one-liners sprinkled throughout. Hound giving Gendry shit over Arya, as mentioned the Hound when Arya shows up to tag along. 

Guess she isn’t planning on going back North. Not sure what to make of that. You knew she would turn Gendry down though. 

Speaking of Lord Gendry Baratheon, nice little move by Dany. I thought she was going to be all cunty about it, then nope. That was a good deed by her, but it’s too bad she’s spinning into the madness of her heritage.

1 hour ago, achooloco said:

You gotta have a code bro. And the Frey’s literally got got from taint to dick tip. You fuck with rules and you get obliterated. You don’t kill on parlay. Many other things to shit on fine, but breaking parlay? Damn son! You just uncultured swine!

It’s like the Sunday truce. 

giphy2.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Also, with the placement of the scorpions on the bow of the ships, and sails and masts behind them, could Dani not fly around and attack from behind and burn the fleet up?  I didn’t see any weaponry in the sterns, and I think the high shot showed all of the ships in a tight formation. 

• Like 2

Also, with the placement of the scorpions on the bow of the ships, and sails and masts behind them, could Dani not fly around and attack from behind and burn the fleet up?  I didn’t see any weaponry in the sterns, and I think the high shot showed all of the ships in a tight formation. 
It's well documented that Dany sucks at combat

• immamac changed the title to Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread