Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread

dad

yeah, the more i think about it, shouldn't Bran be the last possible choice? isn't he supposed to be holed up somewhere super safe? waiting for the new 3 eyed raven to eventually come along? isn't this supposed to be a lifetime gig? the previous 3ER had to sit in a tree in a cave for eternity but Bran gets to quit like right after he gets the job? how does that work? 

Wtf was the point of Jon’s journey and big reveal of being a Targ?  He didn’t want it at first, but you would think he changes his mind after Dany disaster.  

All he had to do was prove to Gay worm who he really was and he is never taken prisoner.  Or the Westeros council could have saved him by revealing the secret. Sansa and Arya didn’t say shit.  And Bran sure was quiet then about the secret.  Wtf. Makes no sense how they just ignore it. 

42 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Tell me the parts of the past 70 episodes show or infer that the lords and grey worm could just have a meeting, make some compromises, and reach an acceptable solution for all parties. 

No. They would all try by force, treachery, and politicking to become king. 

In GRRM’s Game of Thrones, “you win or you die.”

in D&D’s version, you play Model UN and pick the new king. 

What a dud. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Unless you review movies/TV for a living, keeping your own running commentary of a show seems a little strange.   Posting it to a message board is downright weird.   Especially if it’s a show that you’ve grown to disdain.

you worrying about what i post without adding anything to the thread seems a little dumb, and yet here we are. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

I don’t see a way they were going to end it that would please everyone?  To me the ending went the way the characters were built would do things.  I mean we knew Braun was going to end up king...  What was missing a huge fight with the unsalle and killing the dragon?  Jon learned from his mistakes and knew what had to be done to prevent a huge battle.  We knew Sansa was going back to kings landing and Arya was going to do her own thing.  So what’s missing?

Edited by Hook1997

so when edmure tully got up to talk, we were like, who the fuck is that?  and before sansa called him uncle, I rewound to see cc version which would typically include character names. 

nope. even cc was like, I have no fucking idea. 

so where are all the apologists?  getting drunk somewhere in the dark?  what a colossal waste of time and money. two years for six episodes of garbage. 

jaime/cersei death still might be the biggest disappointment of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Jon should have just fucked Dany. Would have been a more coherent ending and a much better result for Westeros. 

So then you just end with Jon fucking her and they live on in incest ever after...   Much better ending and totally along the lines of what his character would do.....  Ok

Edited by Hook1997

2 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

So then you just end with Jon fucking her and they live on in incest ever after...   Much better ending and totally along the lines of what his character would do.....  Ok

Pretty much.  Jon should have put what was best for the realm over his own sensibilities. 

17 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Pretty much.  Jon should have put what was best for the realm over his own sensibilities. 

Not in the last episode....  But before that he didn’t at the time know it was going to end with her scorching everyone, he thought she was going to do the right thing.  Highnsight 20/20 and what not.

to me it all makes sense.  Jon “what about all the other people who think they know what’s good”. dany “they don’t get to choose”. That’s when he decided to kill her.  He went up there to reason with her still and saw he had no choice at that point.   

Edited by Hook1997

34 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Not in the last episode....  But before that he didn’t at the time know it was going to end with her scorching everyone, he thought she was going to do the right thing.  Highnsight 20/20 and what not.

to me it all makes sense.  Jon “what about all the other people who think they know what’s good”. dany “they don’t get to choose”. That’s when he decided to kill her.  He went up there to reason with her still and saw he had no choice at that point.   

Jon is pretty thick headed, but “love or fear” should have been a strong enough hint at what would happen if she didn’t get the D. 

7 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Lost, The Wire, The Sopranos, 

I think the thing to take out of this, is that it is REALLY fucking hard to maintain excellence in a series more than 5 years.  They become their own worse enemies....expectations can never be met and I think the folks who create them start pressing and fail.  It seems like it's a problem w/ all really popular series. 

• Like 1

•NK's death was rushed and anticlimactic. he was built up to be this huge deal, but in reality he was barely on the show at all before being killed 

•Dany's death was rushed and anticlimactic, and the transition from that scene to the next fucking season was jarring and frankly retarded, especially when they throw in dialogue about how it's been three whole weeks 

•Arya's faceless man stuff didn't really matter or come into play 

•Jon Snow and Cersei- were they in season 8? Did they have any lines? I'm having trouble remembering them being involved 

•Bran went from, "I can't be the Lord of Winterfell; i'll never be the Lord of anything", to "lulz, i was planning to be king this whole time fagets!" in two or three episodes, making everything we've ever known about the 3ER no longer actually true

•Fans were deprived a satisfying death for Cersei Lannister

•Dany turned mad at the drop of a hat, and no matter how many people try to say that she's always been this way, that's a load of bull. no she hasn't. 

worst. season. ever. 

• Like 8
  • Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, dad said:

Damn Jon just stays getting fucked over. The motherfucker died for everyone and this is how he is repaid?!

He was given the ultimate freedom.  He didn’t want the throne and he is now with his best freind.

Anot a bad gig for a reluctant hero, IMHO.

Sansa is still uninspiring as hell.  Sat back and watched and got her brother’s title...

7 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

That’s what went on for 72 episodes.  After defeating the army of the dead and burning cities to the ground seems like cooler heads finally prevailed due to exhaustion of treachery. 

I’m somewhat down with that.  My anger is again who the fuck is greyworm calling the shots?  You’re the golden company with better tights.  Gtfo

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

what will the dothraki do five minutes from when they all start looking for something to rape? besides kill each other i mean.

“When Essos sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
7 hours ago, Quasimofo said:
We were all anti-Night King, but it turns out, he's been after Bran, trying to save us from THIS shit

Beg to differ. I was team night king after jon turned into a wuss somewhere along the way in season 7

Yep. I was hoping the white walkers would wipe out Westeros for a while.  Westeros went from being asshole characters who were well written to shitty written characters. 

King Bran is the dumbest thing ever. But it probably made sense in the writers heads. A lot of women were upset that Dany was turned into the mad queen and that the patriarchy was gonna win. So they get together and think "who is more disenfranchised than women?" Disabled people. Let's do that. Bran's the only possibility, nobody else?  Too late to write in a new character? Fuck it, let's do it anyway.  King Bran."

Edited by FondrenRoad

• immamac changed the title to Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread