SEC Championship Bama v. Georgia

Zeus

Yep.   Anyone who thinks otherwise is kdding themselves.   The only way I could see UGa not getting in would have been a 3-4 TD loss to Bama.   They lose 24-20 or somethign like that and both UGA and Bama get in ahead of us.   Then we're praying for FSU AND Michigan losses later.  

Not a chance Bama and Georgia both go ahead of us. Not a fucking chance, especially not after the beat down of OkSt today.

I firmly believe if any of Iowa, Bama or Louisville win today, we are in.
  • Hook 'Em 6

Just now, UTHornFan014 said:

I think you trust those old corpses in the committee more than you should. I can't see any way they leave out the SEC champ. They'll come up with some way to ignore our win in Tuscaloosa. 

The committee sucks but they have been consistent head to head matters all season long.

Were they huffing Phil Knight farts all season long? Yes

You are better off playing the odds rooting for Bama now and Louisville later. If the ACC game was now and FSU lost then rooting for Georgia would make sense.

In the meantime play the odds.....

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

No the fuck they arent

Let's compare the 3 teams:

1. Conference Championship (Bama and Texas) (Bonus point for Texas they beat the SEC champs and are the only team in the field with a win over another playoff team) Tex > Bama > Georgia

2. Head 2 Head (Adv Texas who beat Bama) (Adv Bama who beat Georgia) Tex > Bama > Georgia

Shit this isnt going to well for Georgia, let's move to item 3....

3. Strength of Schedule (Texas > Bama > Georgia)

Well shit there is always...

4. Common Opponents (Adv Texas who beat Bama on the road) (Georgia lost to Bama at a neutral site)

Well there you have it folks, obviously Georgia is going to get in over Texas!!! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

I agree with all of this.  But the committee has a hard on for Bama and UGA.  The bias for the SEC is palpable.   

I hope I am wrong and we don't get hosed but I just don't have my hopes up.  

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Man, I'm not saying we shouldn't be in over  a 13-0 FSU.  But I'll be absolutely fucking shocked if they win tonight and we pass them.

It's almost incredible that the year before 12 they get something like this that helps to justify the 12 team playoff.  Someone might actually get left in the cold.  

1 minute ago, Pimphand said:

The committee sucks but they have been consistent head to head matters all season long.

Were they huffing Phil Knight farts all season long? Yes

You are better off playing the odds rooting for Bama now and Louisville later. If the ACC game was now and FSU lost then rooting for Georgia would make sense.

In the meantime play the odds.....

Don’t sleep on Iowa…

Tired Sleepy GIF by K.I.D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Macanudo said:

Yep.   Anyone who thinks otherwise is kdding themselves.   The only way I could see UGa not getting in would have been a 3-4 TD loss to Bama.   They lose 24-20 or somethign like that and both UGA and Bama get in ahead of us.   Then we're praying for FSU AND Michigan losses later.  

Georgia/sec homers and doom and gloom longhorns seem to be the only ones with this perspective.  Chance of Texas getting in w bama win is much higher than non champ Georgia going in in front of Texas.  I’m not saying it’s zero chance of 2 sec teams with dumb ass committee, but I don’t see it and very few are suggesting it in a situation with 5 deserving champs.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Macanudo said:

I agree with all of this.  But the committee has a hard on for Bama and UGA.  The bias for the SEC is palpable.   

I hope I am wrong and we don't get hosed but I just don't have my hopes up.  

Then Bama would be ahead of us already. I am not seeing SEC bias in their rankings. I am seeing a committee that is honoring the head to head and has been enamored by good offense (with Oregon). 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Then Bama would be ahead of us already. I am not seeing SEC bias in their rankings. I am seeing a committee that is honoring the head to head and has been enamored by good offense (with Oregon). 

What was Ewers’ completion percentage though?!?!?!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, troph said:

Folks the committee had the chance to put Bama ahead of us and for weeks they didn’t.  After 49-21 and impressive records basically in one half by QE, I don’t see Bama jumping Texas. Roll tide!

Again, beating an undefeated number one to win the SEC championship throws a wrench in things.

Just now, troph said:

Folks the committee had the chance to put Bama ahead of us and for weeks they didn’t.  After 49-21 and impressive records basically in one half by QE, I don’t see Bama jumping Texas. Roll tide!

Yeah, after all, Quinn had a 76% completion percentage in the champ game. How can you argue with that?

Just now, David Dennison said:

Again, beating an undefeated number one to win the SEC championship throws a wrench in things.

That’s the wrench.

If there was only a way to know how two teams would fair playing against one another before the playoffs if they both at the same record.

alas

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Dnaguy said:

That’s the wrench.

If there was only a way to know how two teams would fair playing against one another before the playoffs if they both at the same record.

alas

If only when two teams have similar accomplishments and resumes there was some way of differentiating them. Maybe they could even play a game to determine which team would be better so you don't have to speculate.... 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, troph said:

You don't see Bama jumping us if they win this game? 

The winner of this game is absolutely, positively in.

The concern is if Georgia barely loses this game, does the committee try to keep them in?  This requires FSU to lose, too.  And it would be an absolute fuck job, but they could argue for the ol' eye test and just thinking that Georgia would beat Texas on a neutral field, so they're 4 and we're 5.

So, the best thing for us is for either of these teams to win by a lot of points.  We need FSU to lose either way.  So let's not have an argument with Georgia because they lost this game 31-30 or some shit.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1