Texas - OU Cotton Bowl Contract Renewed Through 2036

texifornia

Excellent! 2036 is the Texas Bicentennial. 

I hope the renovations help with getting people into and out of the stadium in a quicker fashion. Would help to get all the shit out of the way around the main entrances and keep Gameday somewhere other than right in front. 

This appears to be escalators in the picture

GAsGQJ_WUAA29YG?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 2

Improvements to Cotton Bowl Stadium include widening concourses and adding escalators, increasing fans' comfort level while entering and exiting the stadium. This will also include renovations to concessions and restrooms, plus increasing the number of hospitality areas and premium environments, which will enhance the speed of service for fans during events. The first phase of renovations to the west side of the stadium is to be completed by September 2026. The city is also scheduled to finish a second phase of significant renovations to the east side of the stadium by September 2034.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I hope the renovations help with getting people into and out of the stadium in a quicker fashion. Would help to get all the shit out of the way around the main entrances and keep Gameday somewhere other than right in front. 

I love the slow clogged exit when we win. I hate it when we don’t. OU sucks. 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Yeah they omitted the 350 people standing in line at fletchers at that point. I swear, if they get rid of tickets, it all moves faster. I’m usually hammered at 9 am and seeing double and thus trying to only use half the tickets and getting into an argument with a poor old retiree that’s just doing his job. 

Edited by Gucci_Suit
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Is that second date a typo??

The first phase of renovations to the west side of the stadium is to be completed by September 2026. The city is also scheduled to finish a second phase of significant renovations to the east side of the stadium by September 2034. 

Yes. I think the dates should be September 2024 for the first set of renovations to the west side and 2026 for east side. 

Overland is honored to work with an outstanding team of visionaries and stewards with the shared commitment of securing a bright, sustainable future for Fair Park starting with the renovations to the Cotton Bowl for the 2026 game," said Trubey. "The Cotton Bowl harnesses our unique understanding of civic and cultural work, sports and entertainment venues, guest experience, and placemaking to reimagine one of Dallas' – and our nation's – most important and iconic venues."

Edited by mdmost

22 minutes ago, mdmost said:

surly photoshoppers - do your thing  (I envision OUsux banner flying over the stadium, bert making an apperance, Stoops eating dicks, etc)
wtf is this opposing fans chatting nicely bullshit, and I have never been at a tailgate or around a stadium that has no trash all over the ground)

@RamjetFDO @THUJONE etc 

• Haha 1

The west side renovations are going to be pretty good. The areas just to the left and right of the main entrance will get a support level put in so you can go from the middle of the stadium to the endzones a lot easier. It should add 2 new concourses that are outside of the main concourse. That's where the escalators will go. There was also be open areas at the top where I bet they'll add more concessions. It should make it a lot easier to get around. It's also not replacing anything note worthy. Those are dead areas to begin with. One is a set of dual stairs to get in and out of that's not a great design. They used to be ramps. Where the large stair structures are going is an area with trees and shrubs. The east side is going to take longer probably because there's not a lot of real estate over there. The area near the tunnel is where the big new concourse/bar is going. That's the portion that was added during the last renovations in 2008 which upgraded the locker rooms and media center.

From this

Screenshot2023-12-06at2_35_39PM.thumb.png.cc0d82c05fd6086a58a7cb5af7f21e82.png

To this

GAsGB8RWcAAfCpx?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Constant said:

I default to the de facto owners of the Alamodome. Those 5 trips the last 9 years have to have revealed some secrets. 

Well, we've officially passed that baton to OU. You get the last Alamo Bowl. Enjoy it. We'll enjoy cajun food and the chance at a championship. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rhinotx said:

The best thing is that there are some RV parks so you can take your home down there. All of us have to get hotels.

I wonder how many ‘Oklahoma mobile home’ jokes are made from someone in a mobile home in Texas directed at me in a house on a slab in Texas?

Gotta be higher than 1%. 

1 hour ago, gofuckyourself said:

With the renos, any chance the Cotton Bowl returns to the Cotton Bowl instead of Fuckhead Skeletor Stadium?

I know the answer but it'd be cool.

fucking sellouts

The best part of making the playoff was avoiding going back to jerryworld

• Hook 'Em 1