2023 Orange Bowl - Florida State vs. Georgia

satyanash

I’m sympathetic to the fact that FSU are missing a lot of contributors on both sides of the ball, but there is no way you can convince me that any of the 4 playoff teams would only force 5 total third downs on the Georgia offense through 3 quarters with a comparable opt-out count. This is insanity.

A lot of quit but the biggest issue is opt outs and shunning a 13-0 team. No one is interested in the “I told you we belonged” bowl.  Though I woulda tried to convince everyone to play and politic the fuck out of the coaches poll and claim a split title. Shit if I was FSU leadership I’d claim a title at 14-0 and I would have made a huge deal out of the game. 

Anyway… this is coming down to major non-CFP bowls are gonna have to NIL players for appearances you watch. 

Edited by troph

1 minute ago, Bodowned said:

I’m sympathetic to the fact that FSU are missing a lot of contributors on both sides of the ball, but there is no way you can convince me that any of the 4 playoff teams would only force 5 total third downs on the Georgia offense through 3 quarters with a comparable opt-out count. This is insanity.

Georgia isn't really even trying with 1:26 to go in the 3rd. It's... not close. 

Just now, troph said:

A lot of quit but the biggest issue is opt outs and shunning a 13-0 team. No one is interested in the “I told you we belonged” bowl.  Though I woulda tried to convince everyone to play and politic the fuck out of the coaches poll and claim a split title.

Anyway… this is coming down to major non-CFP bowls are gonna have to NIL players for appearances you watch. 

12 team playoff should solve a lot of this

1 minute ago, troph said:

A lot of quit but the biggest issue is opt outs and shunning a 13-0 team. No one is interested in the “I told you we belonged” bowl.  Though I woulda tried to convince everyone to play and politic the fuck out of the coaches poll and claim a split title.

I think it more likely that the shitty bowls go away or they become truly extra practice and scrimmages for next year. Probably a little bit of both.

Just now, troph said:

FSU was going to get beaten by 40 or more opt outs or no opt outs. We saw them play Florida and Louisville. They are a terrible team. Do not feed me this they had opt outs and didn't want to be there. This is exactly who they are unless they also had opt outs and didn't want to be there against Florida and Louisville as well.

• Hook 'Em 1