Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again

StassneyHorn

Posted (edited)

How are YOU preparing for this momentous, never before experienced event? Where were YOU when the DOW hit 40k? How are YOU celebrating?

Buy a Biden hat to commemorate this day in history.

image.thumb.png.6029bc9ab3cd06843b20f4a3e6ab963a.png

IMG_0451.jpeg

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

A lot of folks I went to HS with are Trumpy MAGA types.  We sometimes cross paths on Facebook.  When Trump was in office and I pointed out one indefensible action or another, they would always ask "how's your retirement account doing?"

Now if anyone mentions the market they come back with "the stock market isn't the economy, dummy".  

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)

I recall when the DOW surpassed 30k. According to the dOTarD in Chief at the time, 30k was a "very special number to a lot of people, a very sacred number." 

If 30k is special and sacred number, I wonder what superlatives would describe 40k. 

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

A lot of folks I went to HS with are Trumpy MAGA types.  We sometimes cross paths on Facebook.  When Trump was in office and I pointed out one indefensible action or another, they would always ask "how's your retirement account doing?"

Now if anyone mentions the market they come back with "the stock market isn't the economy, dummy".  

How was their retirement account doing when doTArD left office?

Edited by High Plains Drifter
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

No, it's also jobs. Which has also been fucking awesome. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

How are YOU preparing for this momentous, never before experienced event? Where were YOU when the DOW hit 40k? How are YOU celebrating?

Buy a Biden hat to commemorate this day in history.

image.thumb.png.6029bc9ab3cd06843b20f4a3e6ab963a.png

IMG_0451.jpeg

No offense, but judging the economy by a surging stock market hasn't proven to be a good idea.  It always surges before it crashes...I just hope the crash happens after November.

image.thumb.png.a2a63223c75fd97617890997a7045f5f.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

Just now, StassneyHorn said:

Fuck off and out of here, this is only a celebration thread

Wow, a neg for a literal historical fact...didn't expect that but I guess I should have known certain people in the CR can't handle facts that go against their confirmation bias.

I'm rooting for Biden, by the way, so we're on the same team.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Posted (edited)

You are chart talking. Leave. There is zero analysis in either of your posts that you made. All picture books get posted in the inflation thread with zero hedge links

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

I don't normally neg, but go fuck yourself if you can't handle history.

I do finance for a living....charts are part of finance.  Not my problem you don't understand that.

• Hook 'Em 1

I've long believed that the stock market isn't always a good indicator of "the economy" as applied to everyday people. And yet when a democrat says that during a republican administration they're called snowflakes, whiners, etc.

So in the context of this thread the surging stock market means good economy because that's the standard the other side uses. Republican's don't use nuance, so fuck off with that shit here. Got to the stock bros thread.

I don't mind the chart, although I'm always skeptical of channels, troughs, etc.  But it really isn't very germane to this thread.  Then again, threads go off topic all the time, so surly?

5 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

You think “bad things happen after good things happen” is some kind of factual analysis? Gtfo.  Fatty and whatever reincarnation of GRU at least post half ass attempts at moving the topic

I can't help you understand if you're just going to neg everything I say that you don't agree with.

Like the price of gas, the President has very little influence on the stock market.  I'm just point out that before we pop the champagne on Biden's second term, we should recognize that we have 5-months before the election and lots of shit can change.

The point is that while you give credit to Biden for the stock market, if it falls, the other side will blame him...when the truth is neither of those positions is necessarily true.

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't mind the chart, although I'm always skeptical of channels, troughs, etc.  But it really isn't very germane to this thread.  Then again, threads go off topic all the time, so surly?

It's investment psychology, nothing more, nothing less.

Bots are programmed by humans, and humans get nervous when things get too far from the mean.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I've long believed that the stock market isn't always a good indicator of "the economy" as applied to everyday people. And yet when a democrat says that during a republican administration they're called snowflakes, whiners, etc.

So in the context of this thread the surging stock market means good economy because that's the standard the other side uses. Republican's don't use nuance, so fuck off with that shit here. Got to the stock bros thread.

So, since Republicans don't use nuance that means we can't either?  Some of your brains are getting warped.  It's sad, but I suppose understandable.  But the day we all lose the ability to look at things objectively is the day the country is officially dead.

I honestly didn't intend to start a shit storm. 

Edited by DixonHur
  • Hook 'Em 2

This President has shown he can do a hell of a lot to lower gas. Last President absolutely showed his words move markets. Miss me with that.

We are popping champagne. You’re saying vague, elementary shit like watch out something bad can happen and calling that a historical fact. 

You were warned, but now I have to ban you from this thread.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I can't help you understand if you're just going to neg everything I say that you don't agree with.

Like the price of gas, the President has very little influence on the stock market.  I'm just point out that before we pop the champagne on Biden's second term, we should recognize that we have 5-months before the election and lots of shit can change.

The point is that while you give credit to Biden for the stock market, if it falls, the other side will blame him...when the truth is neither of those positions is necessarily true.

We actually studied that fact in one of my economics classes. If has issues with the facts taught by UT professors then they probably need to go see someone.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

This President has shown he can do a hell of a lot to lower gas. Last President absolutely showed his words move markets. Miss me with that.

We are popping champagne. You’re saying vague, elementary shit like watch out something bad can happen and calling that a historical fact. 

neg for all this and you're kind of being a dick.  WTF.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Listen dude, ban away, but I'm done here anyway. You're insufferable and seemingly unable to handle facts. And yes, they are historical facts, but if you want to try to disprove them, knock yourself out.

Trump did a lot of things that normal Presidents don't do, but he didn't move markets through policy.  He did it by sending out morning tweets from the shitter.  If you want to take that as some sort of precentent moving forward go ahead, but I'm hoping we don't go back to that.

As for gas prices...what policy did Trump enact that lowered gas prices?  

Edited by DixonHur

12 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Listen dude, ban away, but I'm done here anyway. You're insufferable and seemingly unable to handle facts. And yes, they are historical facts, but if you want to try to disprove them, knock yourself out.

Trump did a lot of things that normal Presidents don't do, but he didn't move markets through policy.  He did it by sending out morning tweets from the shitter.  If you want to take that as some sort of precentent moving forward go ahead, but I'm hoping we don't go back to that.

Your bedwetting is not a fact for the fourth time. “Watch out something bad can happen!” is not a fact. Posting a chart with no synopsis is not a fact. A chart where the first 5,000 takes up half the area skews whatever point you didn’t even begin to make. 

Biden’s release policy of the reserves lowered prices, that is a fact. That is a president moving the market. 

Donald Trump’s words caused market volatility out the ass. Day traders pick apart shit like that for a living. I never said anything about policies Trump did to lower gas, because you’re misreading “this President” vs “last President”

• Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

So, since Republicans don't use nuance that means we can't either?  Some of your brains are getting warped.  It's sad, but I suppose understandable.  But the day we all lose the ability to look at things objectively is the day the country is officially dead.

I honestly didn't intend to start a shit storm. 

JFC, have you been under a rock? We've been there for almost a fucking decade. The country is objectively dead. One of the two major political parties in this country nominated a dishonest piece of human garbage and got him elected to the presidency, and after getting his ass kicked, and after said asshole stoked an insurrection, they nominated him again for president. The Speaker of the House says nothing but lies from the podium, as does every major player in the party, and the majority of Supreme Court justices too.

Did you see above where dotard said that if Biden was elected the "stockmarket would collapse to the likes never seen before"? Those are the words he used, not the economy, the stockmarket specifically, which instead is objectively at an all time high, not crashed. Do you see anyone on the right acknowledging this objective fact? Of course not, because this country is fucking broken.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

The huge dump in oil (& gasoline) prices Spring 2020 was mostly due to plummeting demand largely related to the pandemic.  Russia & Saudi Arabia slashed production, but still generated excess supply, and that pushed prices further down.  It certainly had little to do with Trump, although he claimed credit (and pissed off a lot of O&G guys in the process).

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

It has been this board’s shtick for 15+ years across different sites for alternating sides to worship stock market results as end-all be-all and the other side to wet their pants and be correct about saying the economy makes up more.

Why I have to break character and tell you assholes this in a cheerleading thread is unconscionable to the single greatest economic warrior that has ever breathed God’s air on this planet, Joe Biden.

This doesn't feel like breaking character. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

You think “bad things happen after good things happen” is some kind of factual analysis? Gtfo.  Fatty and whatever reincarnation of GRU at least post half ass attempts at moving the topic

I’m just here for the ice cream talk.  Biden gets the same kudos for my retirement accounts as Don did, even tho neither were really the cause for it.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DixonHur said:

You know it’s all a bit, right?

Posted (edited)

This is why you shouldn't give two fucks about any neg you receive for any reason. They are imaginary internet points. They mean literally nothing but whatever you put into them. 

My siblings in Christ, they are but pixels on a screen.

Edited by safe sex
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, safe sex said:

This is why you shouldn't give two fucks about any neg you receive for any reason. They are imaginary internet points. They mean literally nothing but whatever you put into them. 

My siblings in Christ, they are but pixels on a screen.

Negged.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, safe sex said:

But.....but....I've been saving my rep points up like they was green stamps!

s-l1200.webp

Are you telling me that my rep points can't be redeemed for a panoply of fine consumer products??????

green-stamp-book-3-656x1024.jpg

green-stamp-book-4-1024x1011.jpg

Then....FUCK....I have a sad.

walking-sad.gif

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 2

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But.....but....I've been saving my rep points up like they was green stamps!

s-l1200.webp

Are you telling me that my rep points can't be redeemed for a panoply of fine consumer products??????

green-stamp-book-3-656x1024.jpg

green-stamp-book-4-1024x1011.jpg

I used to look through and lust after stuff in the Green Stamps catalog just as much as I did the Sears/JC Penney/Montgomery Ward catalogs.

And the Service Merchandise catalog as well, but that was for rich people.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Slacks said:

Y'all some hoes.

Awww bullshit....don't be telling me you don't want to join THIS cocktail party:

green-stamp-book-15-666x1024.jpg

green-stamp-book-2-668x1024.jpg

And when you've had your fill of beverages served up by one of these saucy minxes, don't worry, relief is just around the corner....

green-stamp-book-20-642x1024.jpg

Don't lie to us.  We've known you for too long.

• Like 1
  • Drool 3

Just now, safe sex said:

I'd like to party with all four of those gals. I bet they've got a fantastic pharmacy between them 

But I gotta say I have some reservations about my #4.  She could be the "type" who deserves a #1 spot.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1