2024 Rain Thread: All Your El Nino Are Belong to Us

15 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Luna will crawl under my legs exactly 30 minutes before it hits.

Blue will hide under the bed. Penny will want to go out in it and be like...

Raining The Shawshank Redemption GIF

• Haha 1

We just got some gorilla hail:

Bigasshailstone.png

Had a hook echo about 3 miles south. I've got a thick metal roof, but may need a new ridge row. We had everything under cover but my white dually, CHIEF Jr. was betting on the windows being broken, but I had parked it under a grove of big trees, not even a dent.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 6

Nick is getting cucked by Jim Spencer. It is hilarious. What a fall from David to this gd yankee as head Meteorologist. What a shit show. He can't even operate the fucking screen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Nick is getting cucked by Jim Spencer. It is hilarious. What a fall from David to this gd yankee as head Meteorologist. What a shit show. He can't even operate the fucking screen. 

We lost a serious talent when Yeomans bolted for Chicago.  It was understandable, but it feels like KXAN might have underestimated what they might need to pay.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, ftf82 said:

If it hits Cooper's I'm going to be royally pissed. Didn't one of you have the Cooper's Big Chop as your avatar back on Austin360/HornFans/Shaggy?

Tornado Warning downgraded to Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Llano County.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

One of our hailstones in Pecan Plantation even made the news:
CHIEF

You live in Pecan Plantation? My grandparents moved in there in the mid 80s, my grandmother was there for over 40 years in two different houses

30 minutes ago, gurt said:

You live in Pecan Plantation? My grandparents moved in there in the mid 80s, my grandmother was there for over 40 years in two different houses

Yep.

CHIEF

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

That looks like it will arrive split in half and miss Austin just in time for my dogs to wake me up freaking out at 3:00 AM. 

Who called it?  Oh, me?

Maybe we still have time for another round.  Classic forcefield so far.

That storm that is over Georgetown now was just north of my house about 10-15 minutes ago. That fucker was spinning. Was worried that it might drop down a tornado.

25 minutes ago, gurt said:

Ya know, sometimes it’s good when the forcefield activates. Like when it is dropping baseball sized hail

Yeah. I am fine with missing this one. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)

Has anyone from Hays, Blanco, or maybe Llano County chimed in? Well, except for that one smooth-brained ditch digger from earlier today who, perhaps, wishes he hadn't?

Edited by bolverk

Posted (edited)

Hail broke out a bedroom window in La Cima, San Marcos. I think it went right over us. Sounded like an ice machine was dumping it's load on my house. Surprised I only lost one window. Several reporting downed fences.

You do windows @ROFL BOX?

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Hook 'Em 1