NFL- Week 18

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Glad Atlanta is utilizing Bijan properly now that they're out of the playoffs and their season is over.

Wait nevermind they're still a total clownshow. Just let Drake London and Cordarrelle Patterson get completely stuffed at the goal line on three straight plays. 

I'm not sure if their GM or their coach is a bigger dipshit.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Wait nevermind they're still a total clownshow. Just let Drake London and Cordarrelle Patterson get completely stuffed at the goal line on three straight plays. 

I'm not sure if their GM or their coach is a bigger dipshit.

On the 1 yard line.  So instead of just running with Bijan and getting an easy TD, Art Smith runs some stupid gadget plays that go nowhere.  Then his horrid QB misses a wide open Bijan on 4th down and it almost get picked.  Just Falcons things.

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Arthur Smith might actually be dumber than he looks, which is an accomplishment in its own right. 

He has to be fired after this.

Easiest SOS in the league and the Falcons end the season going like 1-4.  Mostly against awful teams.  

This dude really looked at Desmond Ridder and said, "Yep.  That's the guy I wanna stake my career on."

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ztejas said:

Ridder wasn't even good in college that an NFL franchise wanted to hitch their wagon to him with no backup plan is insane.

Falcons under Smith had 3 years to go get a QB.  Top 8 draft picks every year.  They went TE, WR, RB.  Didn't try to get anyone in FA other than putting out feelers for the Massage Rapist.  Which in turn pissed off Matt Ryan and made him leave a year early.  

Just a clown show from top to bottom.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Fuck off Arthur Smith

Eh.  It was a chickenshit move by the Saints, though I understand it was the players on the field (and not the NO coaches) who made the decision to run a play rather than taking a knee.  I don't think I'd be too happy if an opponent pulled something like that.  You wanna just run a regular play?  Fine -- it's up to me to stop you and I won't bitch at all if you end up scoring.  But if you go into victory formation, you better be taking a knee, not trying to score.  The next time New Orleans runs victory at the end of a game, they'd better be on the lookout for the defense crashing the line hard, because the opponent will justifiably point to today's game and say, "We can't be sure New Orleans will actually take a knee in that situation after they pulled that bullshit on Atlanta."

That said, Smith is probably gone and he did a shitty job this season, so my guess is that his frustration probably stemmed at least in part from knowing he's a dead man walking and not just the Saints' shenanigans.  And he misused Bijan.  (And maybe that's what you were referring to.)

Edited by Carl Spackler