NFL- Week 18

Weird that there is no Thursday night game, although it's understandable with days off/ playoff prep time implications.  Excited for the Texans-Colts game and I didn't anticipate saying anything like that this season.  The Colts, Jags, BIlls, and Texans all control their destiny with a victory this week.  In the NFC, if the Bucs and Packers win they are in.

At the opposite end of the spectrum, the Panthers have clinched the #1 Draft position for April. That draft pick belongs to the Bears, so it's decision time on Justin Fields in a hurry. 

AFC south and east and NFC south all up for grabs this weekend on the last weekend
200.gif
NFC East is also up for grabs. Dallas wins and they win the East. Dallas loses and Eagles win (which they should against Giants), they win the East. Both lose, Dallas wins.

On 1/4/2024 at 7:39 AM, slorch said:

Weird that there is no Thursday night game, although it's understandable with days off/ playoff prep time implications.  Excited for the Texans-Colts game and I didn't anticipate saying anything like that this season.  The Colts, Jags, BIlls, and Texans all control their destiny with a victory this week.  In the NFC, if the Bucs and Packers win they are in.

At the opposite end of the spectrum, the Panthers have clinched the #1 Draft position for April. That draft pick belongs to the Bears, so it's decision time on Justin Fields in a hurry. 

Also no Monday night game. It's been standard for the last week of the regular season for a while, I think.

Football season is fucking over dudes

I realized NFL was just there to supplement my CFB addiction. Now that CFB season is over I could care less. 

Maybe I need to drop more money in my gambling account or something

I like the NFL because it is the game at the highest level of execution.  For all of the hubub about Dan Campbell's faux pas with the trickery against the Cowboys, things are so even in the league, that's the length people are willing to go in order to attempt to craft an edge.  I mean air pressure in a football is one of biggest scandals in the history of the league.

I don't emotionally buy in to the NFL like a once did, thank you fucking Jerry Jones.  By the same token, dudes like DeMeco Ryans, Gardner Minshew, and seeing how long dudes like Bobby Wagner keep playing are interesting to me.  In the end, I am entertained.

giphy.gif

Steelers playoff scenarios:

Steelers win and a Colts-Texans tie 

Steelers win and Buffalo loss 

Steelers win and a Jaguars loss/tie

Steelers tie and Colts and Texans do not tie and Jaguars lose 

(Even with a Steelers loss) Colts and Texans do not tie, Jaguars lose and Broncos win

1 minute ago, Underdog said:

Pretty much a PS game for the Ravens with so many sitting out, kudos to the fans sitting through that mess. 

If I were a Baltimore season ticket holder, there is no way I’d be out there for this meaningless game. 

• Like 1

Just now, TonyTexas said:

If I were a Baltimore season ticket holder, there is no way I’d be out there for this meaningless game. 

You know, how I know, that you are not married to the bitch from hell?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Pretty much a PS game for the Ravens with so many sitting out, kudos to the fans sitting through that mess. 

From the shots of the stands, it looks like a lot of fans are sitting this one out. I don't blame them. I wouldn't want to watch a game in those conditions.

• Like 1