Fire Rodney Terry

MuellerHorn

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

That's domination, but I think Self's fastball has lost a lot of velocity and UH along with Arizona moving in will lead to less blue.

He's won 3 conference championships and a national title in the last 5 years. This year's team has kind of fallen apart due to injury, but they had some really impressive wins this year, including a pretty dominating win over Houston last month. I wouldn't write him off so soon.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

also since the mods refuse to do anything i’ll take this moment to say that anybody here who talks about my mental illness because you disagree with my basketball takes is a piece of shit. having our most volatile and angry poster flippantly “diagnose” me in this forum because he doesn’t like me is not ok, it’s not funny, and if @blacklab actually cared about Loree he would have put an end to that shit a long time ago. fuck anyone here who thinks that’s cool or ok.

Edited by shadow_operative

9 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

also since the mods refuse to do anything i’ll take this moment to say that anybody here who talks about my mental illness because you disagree with my basketball takes is a piece of shit. having our most volatile and angry poster flippantly “diagnose” me in this forum because he doesn’t like me is not ok, it’s not funny, and if @blacklab actually cared about Loree he would have put an end to that shit a long time ago. fuck anyone here who thinks that’s cool or ok.

You can’t let a strangers or a group of strangers opinion on Rodney trigger you man. 

NVM I promised not to engage with the big D

I'll just say I don't think Derka's behavior on here is good for him or anyone else. And it's on him to stop it. Not on the mods or anyone else.

Edited by MotownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

7 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

He's won 3 conference championships and a national title in the last 5 years. This year's team has kind of fallen apart due to injury, but they had some really impressive wins this year, including a pretty dominating win over Houston last month. I wouldn't write him off so soon.

He's also coming off a heart attack the previous year. 

6 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

You can’t let a strangers or a group of strangers opinion on Rodney trigger you man. 

derka is always the victim and he's the one that brought up his mental illness by threatening to kill himself because someone had the audacity to think Rick Barnes needed to be fired.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

NVM I promised not to engage with the big D

I'll just say I don't think Derka's behavior on here is good for him or anyone else. And it's on him to stop it. Not on the mods or anyone else.

my behavior on here consists of me talking about basketball and otherwise minding my own business every day. the venn diagram of people who have a big problem with me and the people who go out of their way to fuck with me is one perfect circle. you people cannot help yourselves. it’s pathetic.

9 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Ever been to Fresno?  The California kids will go to any PAC school before attending Fresno.  

Exactly. Fresno is essentially in the middle of a desert and hours away from anything of interest. I was there for a week once and was absolutely miserable. 

8 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Sure. But you could say the same thing about Coug High, and Sampson has taken them to multiple Final Fours. 

You're kidding, right? Living in a vibrant, large city like Houston vs. living in deserted and dying shithole in the middle of nowhere like Fresno? 

It seems like some people have no understanding of what California is outside of San Diego, Long Beach, Hollywood and San Francisco.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Exactly. Fresno is essentially in the middle of a desert and hours away from anything of interest. I was there for a week once and was absolutely miserable. 

Yes, you a middle aged white dude with money is also equivalent to a broke college student looking to get a degree. How dumb and out of touch our fans can be exceeds my expectations. 

I know a number of college students who went to Fresno State over some of the P12 schools because Fresno State is affordable. The location of the city has nothing to do with it from a college student’s perspective. You’re an adult who looks for vacation spots. 

8 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Sure. But you could say the same thing about Coug High, and Sampson has taken them to multiple Final Fours. 

LOL. This is a really dumb take, and I don't even live in/like Houston. Fresno is one of the worst large cities to live in in CA. Fresno and Bakersfield are shitholes.

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

Yes, you a middle aged white dude with money is also equivalent to a broke college student looking to get a degree. How dumb and out of touch our fans can be exceeds my expectations. 

I know a number of college students who went to Fresno State over some of the P12 schools because Fresno State is affordable. The location of the city has nothing to do with it from a college student’s perspective. You’re an adult who looks for vacation spots. 

I was in my teens when I was in Fresno. I was also in my teens when I went to visit the U. of Arizona and decided I didn't want to live there, though in retrospect it probably would have been OK. Arizona State is also a school I look back on and think would have been a good choice. 

But nobody -- regardless of age or ethnicity -- is going to choose living in Fresno over any other viable alternative that's NOT in the desert in the middle of nowhere. Take a look for yourself -- what about this seems appealing? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresno,_California 

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

it is amazing how much time you spend on these boards talking about me. what’s even more amazing is that everything you posted above describes you. you are the single most hostile and combative poster on this board. dope projection though. 

Spoilered for those that don't give a shit.

Spoiler

Oh go fuck yourself, you dumb fuck. I have fucking defended you on multiple occasions, particularly on this board with old man @greggym. You're too stupid to even realize when someone wants to be on your side. You have over 16,000 posts on this board and I have less than 4,000. And I invite anyone to read through my posts and see how little you enter the conversation. As in maybe once every 6 months or so depending on your latest comical freakouts. I am truly impressed you believe me to be the "single most hostile and combative poster on this board", it's a tremendous sign of respect that I occupy so much space in your brain via so little effort. Or just more hyperbolic bullshit from the Emperor of Denial.

It's not projection to point out your failings. It might be if I had the failing and you didn't, but I'm not the one in denial about their anger. It's not projection to point out the irrational and antagonistic behavior you display over and over. You are a cancer to yourself, this board, and the Longhorn nation. You have been for decades. You have even admitted on multiple occasions this is all unhealthy for you, yet YOU insist on doing the same things over and over and bringing it on yourself. At a certain point, the addict is to blame. You are known across the fanbase as a laughable clown incapable of discussing your personal favorites with any objectivity. Your entire posting history and infinite list of adversaries are my evidence. Your fixation with me from first accusing me of stealing your name (narcissist much?) to "how much time you spend on these boards talking about me" (me, me, me, me, me, me) is a direct indication that you have an unhealthy obsession with anyone that dares question your blowhard opinion on your preferred subject. I would be surprised if there's a single poster that knows I exist. Yet, you have me on the laminated list. That's your problem, dickhead, not mine.

Here, I'll give you what you so crave. You appear to want hostility from others based on how you interact. So here's some hostility for you, fuckface. You are a mentally frail pisstard that knows jack shit about anything beyond generalized platitudes and buzzwords. You are a gaping fuckhole spewing simple-minded certainties with barely a speck of insight, nuance, or notion of a contrasting view being valid. I have no desire, inclination, or responsibility to appease the insecurities and inabilities of a bloody pussy to behave in a mature and pleasant manner. I don't care about whatever asslicker issues you have, be they mental, physical, or social. A spelunking dickface like you don't mean shit to me. Your posts make me laugh because I like clowns. Your are an insufferable bitch online that rarely enters my thoughts and certainly disappears the moment I close the laptop. You are the equivalent to reading a mid-week editorial, lots of words that ultimately say nothing. Spend the rest of your life as a miserable loser casting blame on everyone else. You are not unique in that endeavor. I'm sure it's hard meeting assholes all day, every single day. But I will never believe you are capable of growth because you refuse to even try.

Nobody here makes you behave like a cunt. Only you can prevent Derka fires.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

And this take has nothing to do with a modern D1 basketball athlete on an athletic scholarship. They get a full-ride, living allowance/stipend, and likely some NIL now.

I guarantee you location has to do with most college athlete decisions when two comparable schools are being vetted.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

LOL. This is a really dumb take, and I don't even live in/like Houston. Fresno is one of the worst large cities to live in in CA. Fresno and Bakersfield are shitholes.

Yours is also a dumb take. The quote above is For YOU as a person with a job. 

You’re not thinking like a college student who has loans to pay back. For them, going to Fresno State is fine. 

2 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

I was in my teens when I was in Fresno. I was also in my teens when I went to visit the U. of Arizona and decided I didn't want to live there, though in retrospect it probably would have been OK. Arizona State is also a school I look back on and think would have been a good choice. 

But nobody -- regardless of age or ethnicity -- is going to choose living in Fresno over any other viable alternative that's NOT in the desert in the middle of nowhere. Take a look for yourself -- what about this seems appealing? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresno,_California 

Once again, this is your personal choice. There are students everyday who chose to live in Fresno and go to Fresno State over other P12 schools. I have signed their paperwork. I personally know them. It has nothing to do with the city. That is your—a fans—simplistic perspective. Just because you chose not to do that doesn’t mean everyone is choosing to do that. 

3 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

And this take has nothing to do with a modern D1 athlete on an athletic scholarship. They get a full-ride, living allowance/stipend, and likely some NIL now.

I guarantee you location has to do with most college athlete decisions when two comparable schools are being vetted.

Weird. I made the same argument about the university of Mississippi and was told by a certain poster that he knows EVERY Black athlete accepts any D1 scholarship offered regardless of where it’s at. 

mad city fox GIF by Gotham

And no, location isn’t that important. Would you take a scholarship being coached by Coach K at Fresno State or by Rodney Terry at Texas?

16 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

It is every bit as hot as a lot of Texas cities.  Not a fun place at all.  Dont let the fact that it’s in California fool you

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Weird. I made the same argument about the university of Mississippi and was told by a certain poster that he knows EVERY Black athlete accepts any D1 scholarship offered regardless of where it’s at. 

mad city fox GIF by Gotham

And no, location isn’t that important. Would you take a scholarship being coached by Coach K at Fresno State or by Rodney Terry at Texas?

No no.  You right. No black athletes, especially from Texas, wont accept a scholarship to ole miss.   They’d rather walk on at Angelo st

8 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

No no.  You right. No black athletes, especially from Texas, wont accept a scholarship to ole miss.   They’d rather walk on at Angelo st

Which is nothing of what I said. 

You are fucking dumb

Nene Leakes GIF by Real housewives of Atlanta

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Is your brain broken?

7 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

You’ll be back for more.  Triggered 😂

Nvm I guess that's a yes

54 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

You're kidding, right? Living in a vibrant, large city like Houston vs. living in deserted and dying shithole in the middle of nowhere like Fresno? 

It seems like some people have no understanding of what California is outside of San Diego, Long Beach, Hollywood and San Francisco.  

Long Beach is a mixed bag.  I can think of ten different California cities to live in

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

You understand this is the basketball board right?  We’re not talking about non athletes

• Hook 'Em 3

12 hours ago, closetohumping said:

You understand this is the basketball board right?  We’re not talking about non athletes

I’m in Barcelona so I can admit to too much wine and tapas when posting. However, my point remains—college athletes would go to Fresno if Fresno was a good program. If Fresno was like a Gonzaga and you got an offer to go Fresno or Oregon State (who is shit in basketball), which are you choosing? Same for Beard at Mississippi. He has a name but that program is shit and has always been shit. I’m not sure if his name alone is enough to get recruits to go there, which is another reason I could see Louisville taking a hard look at him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

I’m in Barcelona so I can admit to too much wine and tapas when posting. However, my point remains—college athletes would go to Fresno if Fresno was a good program. If Fresno was like a Gonzaga and you got an offer to go Fresno or Oregon State (who is shit in basketball), which are you choosing? Same for Beard at Mississippi. He has a name but that program is shit and has always been shit. I’m not sure if his name alone is enough to get recruits to go there, which is another reason I could see Louisville taking a hard look at him. 

Don’t disagree completely.  My response was to the “Fresno is in Cali they should be getting a lot of talent.”  My point is Fresno isn’t the California that most people think of and is pretty far from the La area, which coincidentally has pretty bad college teams as well.  

I don’t remember the last time Fresno was relevant.  But same with ole miss.  At least they’re in a power five conference and have a new arena

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Humblebrag duly noted. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Spoilered for those that don't give a shit.

Reveal hidden contents

Oh go fuck yourself, you dumb fuck. I have fucking defended you on multiple occasions, particularly on this board with old man @greggym. You're too stupid to even realize when someone wants to be on your side. You have over 16,000 posts on this board and I have less than 4,000. And I invite anyone to read through my posts and see how little you enter the conversation. As in maybe once every 6 months or so depending on your latest comical freakouts. I am truly impressed you believe me to be the "single most hostile and combative poster on this board", it's a tremendous sign of respect that I occupy so much space in your brain via so little effort. Or just more hyperbolic bullshit from the Emperor of Denial.

It's not projection to point out your failings. It might be if I had the failing and you didn't, but I'm not the one in denial about their anger. It's not projection to point out the irrational and antagonistic behavior you display over and over. You are a cancer to yourself, this board, and the Longhorn nation. You have been for decades. You have even admitted on multiple occasions this is all unhealthy for you, yet YOU insist on doing the same things over and over and bringing it on yourself. At a certain point, the addict is to blame. You are known across the fanbase as a laughable clown incapable of discussing your personal favorites with any objectivity. Your entire posting history and infinite list of adversaries are my evidence. Your fixation with me from first accusing me of stealing your name (narcissist much?) to "how much time you spend on these boards talking about me" (me, me, me, me, me, me) is a direct indication that you have an unhealthy obsession with anyone that dares question your blowhard opinion on your preferred subject. I would be surprised if there's a single poster that knows I exist. Yet, you have me on the laminated list. That's your problem, dickhead, not mine.

Here, I'll give you what you so crave. You appear to want hostility from others based on how you interact. So here's some hostility for you, fuckface. You are a mentally frail pisstard that knows jack shit about anything beyond generalized platitudes and buzzwords. You are a gaping fuckhole spewing simple-minded certainties with barely a speck of insight, nuance, or notion of a contrasting view being valid. I have no desire, inclination, or responsibility to appease the insecurities and inabilities of a bloody pussy to behave in a mature and pleasant manner. I don't care about whatever asslicker issues you have, be they mental, physical, or social. A spelunking dickface like you don't mean shit to me. Your posts make me laugh because I like clowns. Your are an insufferable bitch online that rarely enters my thoughts and certainly disappears the moment I close the laptop. You are the equivalent to reading a mid-week editorial, lots of words that ultimately say nothing. Spend the rest of your life as a miserable loser casting blame on everyone else. You are not unique in that endeavor. I'm sure it's hard meeting assholes all day, every single day. But I will never believe you are capable of growth because you refuse to even try.

Nobody here makes you behave like a cunt. Only you can prevent Derka fires.

San Francisco Giants Baseball GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

You’re in Barcelona? I just left Paris today for a drive into the country! Crazy. Thinking about driving through roxton into honey grove finishing up in bonham. Living the life man enjoy!

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

You’re in Barcelona? I just left Paris today for a drive into the country!

You're in France? 

You guys aren't gonna believe this - I'm in Austin driving to work with a hangover. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Tuscaloosa is a dream location…

If you like nightmares.  After parental viewing considerations, college location just matters if they have pussy, playing time, and the right coach.  It’s like y’all were never 20 before.

12 minutes ago, slorch said:

Tuscaloosa is a dream location…

If you like nightmares.  After parental viewing considerations, college location just matters if they have pussy, playing time, and the right coach.  It’s like y’all were never 20 before.

Right, but Fresno has no competitive advantage over say a place like Arizona St (hottest chicks in the world) and Arizona.  Those two schools may actually be closer to LA, they have better facilities, history, etc.  Californians aren't all about state pride.

Also Bama football has a great history and they were NILing before anyone else was.    So yes, location isn't the be all end all, but it could be a factor for athletes.    Even Tark didn't win big at Fresno

6 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Right, but Fresno has no competitive advantage over say a place like Arizona St (hottest chicks in the world) and Arizona.  Those two schools may actually be closer to LA, they have better facilities, history, etc.  Californians aren't all about state pride.

Also Bama football has a great history and they were NILing before anyone else was.    So yes, location isn't the be all end all, but it could be a factor for athletes.    Even Tark didn't win big at Fresno

Wait, Bama folks tell me Saban was concerned with paying players.

( one of the most laughable notions in the history of mankind.)

If Fresno was like a Gonzaga and you got an offer to go Fresno or Oregon State (who is shit in basketball),

Oregon State is no longer in a Power 4 conference, so it's not a fair comparison now. But prior to the demise of the Pac-12, Fresno State wouldn't have half the resources that Oregon State has in terms of television appearances, expenditure on travel, student-athlete amenities, etc. Most kids are going to want to go where the quality of life is double at School X what it is at School Y.  

Consider the Beavers' basketball budget is $7,494,512, while Fresno State's is $3,663,045.

https://www.collegefactual.com/colleges/oregon-state-university/student-life/sports/#basketball 

https://www.collegefactual.com/colleges/california-state-university-fresno/student-life/sports/

we panicked when k state took the lead and our coaches did nothing to stop it. after k state took the lead our next three possessions were quick, pull up three pointers, all of them bricks. zero reaction from the bench. yeah, the officials have 100% screwed us tonight, but that doesn’t take anything away from the fact that this coaching staff is stymying this team’s potential. mostly because we have a HC with an inferior career record to his own assistant, frank haith, who himself is obviously nowhere near the level of coach that we can/should pull.

the two best UT coaches of my lifetime have reputations for making their teams greater than the sum of its parts. the other HCs have all have done the opposite. all this season has done is reinforce my feelings about RT. thanks for not sinking the ship last year, but as long as he and his staff are here we are simply spinning our wheels.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Reality Check said:

Oregon State is no longer in a Power 4 conference, so it's not a fair comparison now. But prior to the demise of the Pac-12, Fresno State wouldn't have half the resources that Oregon State has in terms of television appearances, expenditure on travel, student-athlete amenities, etc. Most kids are going to want to go where the quality of life is double at School X what it is at School Y.  

Consider the Beavers' basketball budget is $7,494,512, while Fresno State's is $3,663,045.

https://www.collegefactual.com/colleges/oregon-state-university/student-life/sports/#basketball 

https://www.collegefactual.com/colleges/california-state-university-fresno/student-life/sports/

Just shut the fuck up. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

So much for tournament tested Terry. This 2nd half has been an abomination. Derka was 100% right about Terry from day 1. He is a below average coach. @MotownHorn where you at. Come eat this shit sandwich that your boy served up tonight and then apologize to Derka.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Tonight’s loss, the loss to Baylor and several others looked so much like the loss to Miami in the tourney last year.  Good aggressive basketball for about a half.  Then, we forget to run an offense, stop playing defense, our pet’s heads are falling off!  

Edited by BarthHollamew
  • Hook 'Em 4

29 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

we panicked when k state took the lead and our coaches did nothing to stop it. after k state took the lead our next three possessions were quick, pull up three pointers, all of them bricks. zero reaction from the bench. yeah, the officials have 100% screwed us tonight, but that doesn’t take anything away from the fact that this coaching staff is stymying this team’s potential. mostly because we have a HC with an inferior career record to his own assistant, frank haith, who himself is obviously nowhere near the level of coach that we can/should pull.

the two best UT coaches of my lifetime have reputations for making their teams greater than the sum of its parts. the other HCs have all have done the opposite. all this season has done is reinforce my feelings about RT. thanks for not sinking the ship last year, but as long as he and his staff are here we are simply spinning our wheels.

He sits there and just watches shit happen.  everyone watching and in the gym could tell the game was slipping away.  take a fucking TO.  rip the gotdam refs, get a tech or something and fire your team up.  Tell Abmas there are only 2 min left in the game and we are down 10...do something.

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Just ride it out.

31 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

You get a lot of shit but I have agreed with you on this from the beginning. Beard really served y'all up a heaping shit sandwich. It should get better from here.