Ted - The Series

RPM

This is so good it deserves it's own thread. Ted, The High School Years. The cast is great, the scripts are awesome. The jokes come at you machine gun style non-stop. Peacock.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I'm a Seth MacFarlane fan and would love to watch but not going to pay for Peacock. Is there a free version with ads?

Pay for a single month and binge it. It’s 7 episodes 

10 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Are we considering The Bear a comedy? 

If not, Ted is the funniest TV series I’ve seen in a long time. 

Didn’t the bear win an Emmy the other day for comedy series? I’d say it is if so, I’ve been meaning to watch it.

Damn this is so good, haha! I’ve literally had the conversation about the term homophobe, like they’re not necessarily scared of the gays, they’re just dicks about it. I’ve also commented in the past about the “tender and mild” lyrics from Silent Night. Who says that about a baby? Soft and boring? I didn’t go cannibal with it lol. Then the Jesus stuff. “There was a star, yeah..” I’m a little high but damn this is funny.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Damn this is so good, haha! I’ve literally had the conversation about the term homophobe, like they’re not necessarily scared of the gays, they’re just dicks about it. I’ve also commented in the past about the “tender and mild” lyrics from Silent Night. Who says that about a baby? Soft and boring? I didn’t go cannibal with it lol. Then the Jesus stuff. “There was a star, yeah..” I’m a little high but damn this is funny.

My wife pointed that out too, totally forgot. 

I LOVE how specific Seth McFarlane projects will get with references. Like this reference in ep4 to the cheap ass 80s - 90s Halloween costumes that had the character you were wearing…on the chest of the costume you were wearing

48e202980dad45a52e13c841ac23c8af.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 9:59 PM, BurgleBro said:

Holy fuck

She was also the Mexican gangster chick in Freeway.  

What a range..

I saw Freeway back in the day and I looked up the clip with Alanna in it.

And you know what strikes me about this scene? Obviously Reese and Alanna are very charismatic and talented. But we lost so much when we lost Brittany Murphy. She was compelling.

Sorry for the tangent. We really need a thread for entertainment thoughts that don't merit their own thread.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2024 at 11:40 PM, mdleast said:

I LOVE how specific Seth McFarlane projects will get with references. Like this reference in ep4 to the cheap ass 80s - 90s Halloween costumes that had the character you were wearing…on the chest of the costume you were wearing

48e202980dad45a52e13c841ac23c8af.jpg

Keep going back.

I wore those in the 70s when I was a kid.

A poor kid. 😢

On 1/30/2024 at 8:31 AM, Js1 said:

fify

She wanted to munch that Brady bunch

metoo

This is a really funny show, and I was disappointed it was only 7 episodes long. It flows so well, it felt like it could go on for another 10-20 episodes like an old sitcom and have plenty of material. Great work all around, fun characters, great casting, lots of good jokes (not many manatee type jokes), and the whole set looks and feels like it's the early 90s. Very nostalgic for those of us who grew up in that decade, which makes it feel much more familiar and fun. Some of Seth's best work, and probably the funniest thing I have seen from him since season 3 of Family Guy. I love how Ted is treated as a normal person for the most part, and none of the characters react to him being a talking teddy bear. 

Love Ted's ewok costume

image.png.f4f919e9bd4976f1dcfa3a8843915297.png

and Blair is great

image.thumb.png.cb21dce6ebf9d9a059fc9ae2dfba3366.png

• Hook 'Em 1