2024 Presidential Election Thread

bolverk

GA Supreme Court Race

R - PInson currently 56%

D - Barrow currently 44%

10% estimated in.  Hopefully this bodes well, as major metro areas are last to report typically.  8 points behind isn't much given the likely counties reporting 30 minutes after poll closing.  

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

29 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

GA Supreme Court Race

R - PInson currently 56%

D - Barrow currently 44%

10% estimated in.  Hopefully this bodes well, as major metro areas are last to report typically.  8 points behind isn't much given the likely counties reporting 30 minutes after poll closing.  

No, Barrow is losing counties Biden won by a lot 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Js1 said:

No, Barrow is losing counties Biden won by a lot 

What site are using for tracking, all found was the local fox affiliate, which is only showing general precinct returns, not by county?

3 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

What site are using for tracking, all found was the local fox affiliate, which is only showing general precinct returns, not by county?

NBC conveniently lets you compare. Gwinnett might be one county he's talking about. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-elections/georgia-state-supreme-court-results

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-elections/georgia-president-results/

Just now, bolverk said:

Also, apparently the initial reports are just mail in ballots from what I am reading.  so what is reported in say DeKalb or Fulton is entirely mail in, not walk up.  AP has a breakdown as well.  

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Sorry I just got off a plane so I’m catching up 

No worries, it's going to be close one way or the other.  It all will depend on turnout in Dekalb, Clayton, and Fulton.  Right now, that doesn't look all that promising to be honest.  

3 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

No worries, it's going to be close one way or the other.  It all will depend on turnout in Dekalb, Clayton, and Fulton.  Right now, that doesn't look all that promising to be honest.  

I mean, it’s also the state Supreme Court. While nothing to scoff at, I’m not sure how much it will translate to the average general election voter that only pays attention for one month every four years. 

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

I mean, it’s also the state Supreme Court. While nothing to scoff at, I’m not sure how much it will translate to the average general election voter that only pays attention for one month every four years. 

He appears to be doing about the same statewide as every statewide Dem did in 2022. Tough state to crack for Dems at the state level, but they’ve already proven they will vote for Dems for federal office 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It isn't anything to scoff at for sure, but to say this wasn't well publicized would be a grand understatement.  The state party did a piss poor job on that front.  The ballots on the non-partisan portion (all the judicial elections) are deliberately vague.  You quite literally have to know who to vote for going in, which many voters do not (the ballot does not reflect party affiliation).  The only advertising I say was strictly for Pinson (organized by Kemp's people).  All in all, regardless of outcome, a poor job by the state party.  

• Rage+1 1

Just now, BamaATL said:

It isn't anything to scoff at for sure, but to say this wasn't well publicized would be a grand understatement.  The state party did a piss poor job on that front.  The ballots on the non-partisan portion (all the judicial elections) are deliberately vague.  You quite literally have to know who to vote for going in, which many voters do not (the ballot does not reflect party affiliation).  The only advertising I say was strictly for Pinson (organized by Kemp's people).  All in all, regardless of outcome, a poor job by the state party.  

Sounds familiar as I sit here in Texas. 

• Rage+1 1

Also I didn’t realize it’s non-partisan. They just list Pinson as the incumbent. Versus states like WI and OH where Dems won state supreme courts in partisan races 

10 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Is Abrams sitting this one out?

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Also I didn’t realize it’s non-partisan. They just list Pinson as the incumbent. Versus states like WI and OH where Dems won state supreme courts in partisan races 

It's a clear suppression tactic, and there were only 3 races that matter, everything else was incumbent unopposed.  The other (somewhat) big race was for the court of appeals, Tabitha Ponder vs. I shit you not Jefferson Davis.  

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

Is Abrams sitting this one out?

She hasn't been out front as much lately.  I volunteer in the fall with Georgia Vote 411, and to my knowledge she is still involved, albeit noticeably less vocal of late.  If that's her choice, I respect it, she's done a lot, and perhaps it's time for new leaders to emerge.  

Bad news, Pinson leads by about 80k votes with a bit over 50% reporting.  Good news, Dekalb, Fulton, Clayton, and Bibb (Macon) not really reporting yet.  I'm not sure it's enough to overcome that amount.  

8 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

She hasn't been out front as much lately.  I volunteer in the fall with Georgia Vote 411, and to my knowledge she is still involved, albeit noticeably less vocal of late.  If that's her choice, I respect it, she's done a lot, and perhaps it's time for new leaders to emerge.  

Kind of like Beto.  I think it just wears on you.  Beating your head against the wall and fighting the good fight, only to see that you are completely outnumbered by brainwashed human paraquats.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Kind of like Beto.  I think it just wears on you.  Beating your head against the wall and fighting the good fight, only to see that you are completely outnumbered by brainwashed human paraquats.  

Burnout is a real thing, for anyone, even if you have success.  Elections are grueling, and I'm not sure how many cycles a normal person can go being that invested, 2, maybe 3?  For someone that spends their entire lifetime in politics I guess that's just how it is.  For the rest of us, I think it's exhausting.  We (my wife and I volunteer in October and early November every couple of years, and that alone is tiring.  

At any rate, I personally think it's critical for leadership to roll over, hopefully the state party is taking notice tonight and new leaders emerge.  Take nothing away credit wise from predecessors, it's just time to build upon that.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, BamaATL said:

It's a clear suppression tactic, and there were only 3 races that matter, everything else was incumbent unopposed.  The other (somewhat) big race was for the court of appeals, Tabitha Ponder vs. I shit you not Jefferson Davis.  

And they say Biden is too old.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

That GA election was bad bad. 

Weirdest map ever. Barrow lost a bunch of Biden counties but flipped a bunch of Trump counties. That will probably not be the November 2024 map

1 minute ago, Satchel said:

Comey has a lotta nerve seeing as how he is essentially single-handedly responsible for Trump’s improbable win.

Charlie Kirk is saying Comey is terrified about accountability for Trump getting elected?

james-franco-wait-what.gif

12 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

Oh boy! It’s infrastructure week/healthcare week all over again! 

I don't think that quote is accurate.  We all know that Trump is "looking at things very strongly."

what if the supreme court waits to rule on immunity until after the election to see who wins. if biden wins, no presidential immunity and trump the two time loser goes to jail. if trump wins, we are all fucked and he can do whatever he wants.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

As I put in the MTG thread, I’m pretty sure they intentionally went in on a day when they knew he wouldn’t be there. So, you know, not trying to kill him.

It's always something with these crybabies.

45 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

what if the supreme court waits to rule on immunity until after the election to see who wins. if biden wins, no presidential immunity and trump the two time loser goes to jail. if trump wins, we are all fucked and he can do whatever he wants.

image.png.bbe83990a5e72e27005813291deadafe.png

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Not specific to the POTUS election but I keep reading how the Dems have a shit-ton more money than Reps.  However, I see plenty of Trump and GQP commercials but almost none from the Dems.

why waste the money now?

• Hook 'Em 2