2024 Presidential Election Thread

bolverk

17 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I saw him the first time on the Denton subreddit. He was at the square. Same sign.

He made r/Texas today and several people have seen him around N. Texas.

He’s shown up in Sherman a few times, basically pops up all over the North Texas region. I call him Anarchist Grandpa.

this-guy-keeps-popping-up-at-random-intersections-all-over-v0-paplhzpmoj1d1.jpg

he’s risking his life acting like that in north DFW / southern okie 

they love dear leader up there 

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

This will not be an all time high participation event like 2020. 

That's pretty clear from the lack of public enthusiasm from Trump supporters - in 2020, they were like fucking Crossfitters or Navy SEALs - they would tell you their life story without you asking and they wouldn't shut the fuck up about it, or in the case of MAGA, they had to have a sign or a sticker or that fucking hat displayed somewhere in their vehicle or on their property.

Now it's odd to see MAGA signs.

• Hook 'Em 1

That's pretty clear from the lack of public enthusiasm from Trump supporters - in 2020, they were like fucking Crossfitters or Navy SEALs - they would tell you their life story without you asking and they wouldn't shut the fuck up about it, or in the case of MAGA, they had to have a sign or a sticker or that fucking hat displayed somewhere in their vehicle or on their property.

“This lack of public enthusiasm is exactly what will attract the historic amount of Trump support shown in our polls from people who have never voted before” - Nate Silver, probably
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

he’s risking his life acting like that in north DFW / southern okie 

they love dear leader up there 

He’s proving that they are all bark by themselves or in small groups. They need the dynamics of a large group to feel empowered. 

the-big.gif

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 8

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Saw two dumbasses at Meanwhile Brewing this past weekend in Austin... one wearing her blue Trump 2024 shirt and a MAGA hat with flair.  The other one wearing a MAGA hat.  Looked like dumbasses.  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i'm becoming a bit sanguine about this election season.  i've decided there is no such thing as information that will give any insight into the 2% margin either direction that this will end up being, so no use continually mining for it.  my next six months just really opened up.

Pretty much where I’m at too. I live in Texas. I’m going to vote. I’m not going to phone bank or volunteer because you know what?  If people can’t see this for what it is, we deserve everything coming to us. 

This isn’t some devious, well-disguised nemesis that is infiltrating us. They are doing it right out in the open. They are telling us. Fuck us all if we make the wrong choice. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Pretty much where I’m at too. I live in Texas. I’m going to vote. I’m not going to phone bank or volunteer because you know what?  If people can’t see this for what it is, we deserve everything coming to us. 

This isn’t some devious, well-disguised nemesis that is infiltrating us. They are doing it right out in the open. They are telling us. Fuck us all if we make the wrong choice. 

Oh a bad choice will be made, and I doubt he wins by only 2% or less. Prepare your anus. 

Edited by Rex Kramer
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i'm becoming a bit sanguine about this election season.  i've decided there is no such thing as information that will give any insight into the 2% margin either direction that this will end up being, so no use continually mining for it.  my next six months just really opened up.

User name definitely does not check out.

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Every time someone says, "We deserve what we get"

Nah man, F that.  We don't deserve what we get.  That is fatalistic.  We deserve better.  

I’ve never understood it either. The political parties have dictated our choices to us. We have close to zero say. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I’ve never understood it either. The political parties have dictated our choices to us. We have close to zero say. 

That's utterly false.  Nobody is obligating you to vote for Trump.  You are CHOOSING to.  If the choice is that shitty...then DON'T PICK IT.

Yet, they will.  Because -- and this is important -- they WANT TO.  They LIKE HIM.  Fuck, even the people who say "well, he says some stuff I don't like, but I'm still voting for him" are LYING.  THEY LIKE HIM.  THEY LIKE THE CRUELTY.  THEY LIKE THE CORRUPTION.  THEY LIKE THE "FUCK YOU" TO EVERYONE ELSE.  You are in denial about how shitty other people are, and about how shitty you are.  Not in denial, actually....just more lying.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Keep talking about it. It’s not popular with the masses

At this point I don't think anything he says matters. If he started talking about how as President he'll nuke a different US city every day... maybe. Maybe.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That's utterly false.  Nobody is obligating you to vote for Trump.  You are CHOOSING to.  If the choice is that shitty...then DON'T PICK IT.

Yet, they will.  Because -- and this is important -- they WANT TO.  They LIKE HIM.  Fuck, even the people who say "well, he says some stuff I don't like, but I'm still voting for him" are LYING.  THEY LIKE HIM.  THEY LIKE THE CRUELTY.  THEY LIKE THE CORRUPTION.  THEY LIKE THE "FUCK YOU" TO EVERYONE ELSE.  You are in denial about how shitty other people are, and about how shitty you are.  Not in denial, actually....just more lying.

It’s 100% true. I didn’t and won’t vote for Trump. Keep rambling presumptuous nonsense in ALL CAPS. 

7 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

It’s 100% true. I didn’t and won’t vote for Trump. Keep rambling presumptuous nonsense in ALL CAPS. 

The thing is, I don't believe you.

A shitload of people say they didn't vote for Trump.  They did.

A shitload of people say they won't vote for him.  They will.

Conservatives are liars.  It's the essence of their being these days, it has supplanted all other beliefs.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

He literally doesn't know what "contraceptive" means.

Trump told Pittsburgh CBS affiliate KDKA “we’re looking at that” when asked if he supports any restrictions on a person’s right to contraception, adding that he would release a policy on the issue “within a week or so.”

Hours later, Trump insisted on Truth Social he does “not support a ban on birth control, and neither will the Republican party,” blaming the interpretations of his comments as “a Democrat fabricated lie, misinformation/disinformation.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The thing is, I don't believe you.

A shitload of people say they didn't vote for Trump.  They did.

A shitload of people say they won't vote for him.  They will.

Conservatives are liars.  It's the essence of their being these days, it has supplanted all other beliefs.

I swear to god on my deceased mother I didn’t vote for him in 16, 20 and won’t in 24. I don’t give a fuck what you believe you bombastic blowhard. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I swear to god on my deceased mother I didn’t vote for him in 16, 20 and won’t in 24. I don’t give a fuck what you believe you bombastic blowhard. 

Would have given you full points for "bloviating bombastic Bolivian blowhard" (I'm not Bolivian, but I respect alliteration).

And if you vote GQP, you voted for him.  You vote for him, you vote for the people who relentlessly protect and enable him and who will provide him the cover and the ground forces to destroy the Republic.  That's reality.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I swear to god on my deceased mother I didn’t vote for him in 16, 20 and won’t in 24. I don’t give a fuck what you believe you bombastic blowhard

I think @Brisketexan needs a new plaque. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Would have given you full points for "bloviating bombastic Bolivian blowhard" (I'm not Bolivian, but I respect alliteration).

And if you vote GQP, you voted for him.  You vote for him, you vote for the people who relentlessly protect and enable him and who will provide him the cover and the ground forces to destroy the Republic.  That's reality.

I don’t vote and have never GQP. I’m disgusted by the state of the GOP. What else do you imagine?

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I think that my Sela Ward and Susanna Hoffs scenarios have been discussed quite thoroughly around here.

Do you enjoy making baseless accusations and calling strangers liars?

Do you enjoy making baseless accusations and calling strangers liars?

Sometimes.
Depends on my mood.
I’ve read your posting history as leaning conservative, and extrapolated that to the voting patterns one would expect. Are you not conservative? Perhaps I have you mistaken for someone else. You’re Derka, right?

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Sometimes.
Depends on my mood.
I’ve read your posting history as leaning conservative, and extrapolated that to the voting patterns one would expect. Are you not conservative? Perhaps I have you mistaken for someone else. You’re Derka, right?

Well I enjoy doing it. It’s great fun. Don’t be a pussy.  Comparing Sela Ward to a midget Bangle is not fair to anyone.

Yes I lean conservative.  I’ve always hated Trump and was vocal about that before I exited several years ago.

Yes, I’m Derka. My mom approved this message. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Red Five said:

At this point I don't think anything he says matters. If he started talking about how as President he'll nuke a different US city every day... maybe. Maybe.

If a reporter asked Trump, “What do you think about republicans in red states wanting to give all unmarried males over 25 the right to conscript their choice of a local unmarried 18-25 year old at an annual mandatory barn dance for marriage, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers style, in order to encourage procreation?”

his answer would be “Our people are looking into it.”

Edited by A-Tex Devil
  • Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Well I enjoy doing it. It’s great fun. Don’t be a pussy.  Comparing Sela Ward to a midget Bangle is not fair to anyone.

Yes I lean conservative.  I’ve always hated Trump and was vocal about that before I exited several years ago.

Yes, I’m Derka. My mom approved this message. 

I wouldn't say Hoffs is a 'midget.'  She is probably about 5'3" or so.  Below average, but not 'little people.'  Plus she looked like she was all legs and perm.  

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Wait, you're not Bolivian?  You keep taking me to all those joints with Charque and Saltenas.  WTF dude?  

Anyway, still blows me away to this day that apparently on a website filled so many middle-aged white and hispanic dudes.  Most of whom are in Texas, a solid pro-Trump state and our poster group numbers in the thousands that we only have like 9 folks that have admitted to voting for Trump.  Or are we still doing that thing where we say, "Look Lobo, I don't advertise my politics and voting like some others on here.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to put on my red hat, move my Trump flag from my boat to my truck.  And then vote for Trump in the primary which is totally not public record.  Oh wait.  Shit."  

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Anyway, still blows me away to this day that apparently on a website filled so many middle-aged white and hispanic dudes.  Most of whom are in Texas, a solid pro-Trump state and our poster group numbers in the thousands that we only have like 9 folks that have admitted to voting for Trump.  Or are we still doing that thing where we say, "Look Lobo, I don't advertise my politics and voting like some others on here.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to put on my red hat, move my Trump flag from my boat to my truck.  And then vote for Trump in the primary which is totally not public record.  Oh wait.  Shit."  

This.  I flat-out don't believe people who say and believe in lots of Trumpy things, but then say they don't vote for him.  These times have shown that ZERO is the amount of trust we should have, and that's where my trust level is pegged.

42 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I wouldn't say Hoffs is a 'midget.'  She is probably about 5'3" or so.  Below average, but not 'little people.'  Plus she looked like she was all legs and perm.  

She's 5'2", and both highly adorable and aging appropriately.  I dig that, no apologies, no ragrets.

main-qimg-dbb24dec1cd1f0c2494f9ec4f767b4

But there are many other quite attractive brunettes in my stable of "women who haven't gotten a restraining order against me, but only because they haven't seen the need to do so yet."

Hayley Atwell, for example....

gx9sdxu2sp6b1.jpg

Or Sarah Lancaster:

1228899_full.jpg

You know, if we're tossing candidates for sexy time with Brisket out there.

• Drool 1

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  I flat-out don't believe people who say and believe in lots of Trumpy things, but then say they don't vote for him.  These times have shown that ZERO is the amount of trust we should have, and that's where my trust level is pegged.

She's 5'2", and both highly adorable and aging appropriately.  I dig that, no apologies, no ragrets.

main-qimg-dbb24dec1cd1f0c2494f9ec4f767b4

But there are many other quite attractive brunettes in my stable of "women who haven't gotten a restraining order against me, but only because they haven't seen the need to do so yet."

Hayley Atwell, for example....

gx9sdxu2sp6b1.jpg

Or Sarah Lancaster:

1228899_full.jpg

You know, if we're tossing candidates for sexy time with Brisket out there.

I don’t recall ever saying anything Trumpy, ever. None of those hold a candle to Ward. You have a thing for brown eyes, whereas my MAGA worldview leads me to blue and green eyes only. 

19 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I don’t recall ever saying anything Trumpy, ever. None of those hold a candle to Ward. You have a thing for brown eyes, whereas my MAGA worldview leads me to blue and green eyes only. 

I will not shame you for your Aryan nation fetishes.....

711GEvfKkaL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, softlynow said:

Not immediately acknowledging the hotness of Hayley Atwell is an affront to God. Just sayin'.

Pillars of the Earth HA was hot. Then she did Black Mirror and got fat. Brunettes with blue eyes (beckinsale) are my kryptonite. My wife is an Italian/Welsh combo. Brunette with blue doe eyes. 

3 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Pillars of the Earth HA was hot. Then she did Black Mirror and got fat. Brunettes with blue eyes (beckinsale) are my kryptonite. My wife is an Italian/Welsh combo. Brunette with blue doe eyes. 

There has always been room at Casa de Brisket for brunettes with blue or green eyes.  Rena Sofer has always had a thing for me, I think...

rena-sofer.jpg?fit=2384,3396&quality=86&

And I'm positive that Caitriona Balfe and I would enjoy each other's company....

caitriona-balfe-outlander.jpg

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

There has always been room at Casa de Brisket for brunettes with blue or green eyes.  Rena Sofer has always had a thing for me, I think...

rena-sofer.jpg?fit=2384,3396&quality=86&

And I'm positive that Caitriona Balfe and I would enjoy each other's company....

caitriona-balfe-outlander.jpg

See whatcha gotta do is grab em by the pussy. They like that.