2024 Presidential Election Thread

bolverk

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

It’s not copium. There is a zero percent chance Biden pulls out of the race. Perceived weaknesses have nothing to do with it. He isn’t pulling out. Why we have to keep having this conversation is beyond me.

i just don’t think it’s zero percent. We’ll agree to disagree. Moving on

Just now, SubliminalHorn said:

i just don’t think it’s zero percent. We’ll agree to disagree. Moving on

Well I’m sorry to tell you that’s moronic. Unless he dies, he’s running for president.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Because whether we want to admit it or not, Biden has some serious weaknesses. I love the copium here, but that’s a reality. We just have to beat that fucking guy and yeah, I’m fucking nervous right now 

I think a lot of us are ready to throw some serious shit fits. "... and Donald Trump is back in court today, defending himself against 34 felony counts. He of course is accused of 50+ other felonies, in three other cases, not including his rape case. And he is of course still leading Joe Biden in the polls....."

It's just too much to believe. And also, I think most just assumed he would be a one-term president (by choice). The thought of him running again back in 2020 seemed completely unrealistic, because it would be hard to impossible to elect an 82 year-old president. You know, like we're trying to do now.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I think a lot of us are ready to throw some serious shit fits. "... and Donald Trump is back in court today, defending himself against 34 felony counts. He of course is accused of 50+ other felonies, in three other cases, not including his rape case. And he is of course still leading Joe Biden in the polls....."

It's just too much to believe. And also, I think most just assumed he would be a one-term president (by choice). The thought of him running again back in 2020 seemed completely unrealistic, because it would be hard to impossible to elect an 82 year-old president. You know, like we're trying to do now.

I’m still convinced a good amount of his supporters really don’t understand what is reality and what is not. They think it’s all just a big show on tv or the internet. That it doesn’t have real consequences. That’s the only way any of this makes sense. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I think he would have been if not for the GOP choosing Trump again. He straight up cannot stand Trump and knows what a danger he is to democracy. That’s why it’s important these petulant voters just hold their nose and vote for him.  FFS Trump said AGAIN he wants to run for a third term if he wins. DEMOCRACY WILL BE OVER!  He would end up installing 1-3 more SCOTUS picks and the court won’t be legitimate again until like 2050

Biden bowing out at any point now as the presumptive nominee is basically conceding the race. No one else has an apparatus set up, except maybe Harris, but then you risk it looking like the Democrats nominating anyone else but her is an attempt to circumvent the VP and you might alienate black female voters. “Yet again the qualified black woman is passed up for (insert someone like Newsom)”

Thinking a not dead or incapacitated Biden will not be the nominee is about as deluded as anyone who thought Trump would bow out or get booted after Access Hollywood 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I was never quite sure how Biden's retirement after his first term was supposed to work. How do you announce that without immediately becoming a lame duck and risking turning the Oval Office back over so soon? Whatever the chances of him going through with it might have been, though, they became nil once it was clear Trump was gunning for the presidency again. And Trump's intentions became apparent relatively soon after Biden took office, so we never even saw early signs that Biden was preparing to leave.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, bolverk said:

And Trump's intentions became apparent relatively soon after Biden took office, so we never even saw early signs that Biden was preparing to leave.

I think had the Dems just been decimated in midterms, he might have then. And if primary polls didn’t show Trump winning by 40-50 over Haley/Rhonda 

Edited by Js1

22 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

These debates ain’t happening. GQP is gonna require drug tests. Biden will say no. Wish he would call their bluff. But he can’t dignify their bullshit. 

Biden should request a poopy diaper check

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hopefully at some point they actually turn some of this insane bullshit into actual ads.

Of course, if anyone affiliated with the Biden administration said anything like that, it would be the biggest story in the country for about a week. So we have that to deal with, which is fun.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/13/2024 at 9:28 AM, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Most people on both sides that are successful were successful under Trump, Biden, Obama before that and so on.  Those that are struggling now were probably struggling under Trump also.

The President doesn't affect your life the way people want to believe.  

I agree with all of this.

Having said that, this personal responsibility supports the case of many for not voting.

Hard to claim it matters and it doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

These debates ain’t happening. GQP is gonna require drug tests. Biden will say no. Wish he would call their bluff. But he can’t dignify their bullshit. 

“Biden was so good in the SOTU that he must be juicing” is another odd take by the GOP.  If Trump does start pushing the drug test thing I will be very interested to see how Biden formally responds.

I was listening to the POD guys earlier talk about the debates. "The problem for Biden is that he could do really well, but have a minor brain fart where he says Mexico instead of Egypt, and that's all people are going to be talking about. Meanwhile, Trump could talk about how gravity doesn't exist, and everyone will be like 'well yeah that's just Trump. He says weird things. But man, did you see how he cleaned Biden's clock...'"

Just another flavor of 'republicans can do and say anything, but democrats have to be perfect.'

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

11 minutes ago, safe sex said:

It's not baffling. Lots of people, I'm sure, are in the mindset of "oh it's not good for one party to have all the power even tho the other party is insane and traitorous"

I recall that is what 2016 looked like and then all the late deciders broke to giving the GOP a trifecta. It was baffling 

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

There’s going to be another Jan 6

I really wonder what is causing Rubio’s shift toward Trump’s nutsack.  He was somewhat sane thru at least the beginning of 2022.  Maybe he’s been promised Sec of State.  I can’t imagine him wanting to be VP.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Because he wants to keep his job? Bow to Trump or get out of politics. 

Yeah there’s a lot of crazy in FL and Trump’s endorsement would unseat him in a second 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

So at what point do we stop getting loaded on our supply of copium and realize Biden is heading for a loss?

Bro, are you okay? It’s May. No one can say that right now. Jesus 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

I don't think he's going to lose.

I truly truly hope he doesn’t. Things aren’t looking good. We can try to convince ourselves all day that these polls are just completely wrong. If they’re so wrong, why do they show down ballot races going to democrats?

Just now, Js1 said:

Bro, are you okay? It’s May. No one can say that right now. Jesus 

You can absolutely say, at this point, Biden is looking at a loss. I wish I had your faith that all of a sudden it’s all going to turn around for Biden

Just now, SubliminalHorn said:

You can absolutely say, at this point, Biden is looking at a loss. I wish I had your faith that all of a sudden it’s all going to turn around for Biden

Well, it's May. The vast majority of the country isn't paying a lick of attention.

11 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I should probably add that I'm not nearly as freaked out about the prospect of another Trump term as a lot of people on the left.

Just lay back and enjoy it, right?

16 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

You need to relax. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Really we are putting all our money on:

polling systematically broken in unexplainable ways, and broken all in the same direction, and that broken direction is the opposite of the last errors when polling Trump; and/or

still a long time to election.  

Anything that doesn’t acknowledge that is copium.