2024 Presidential Election Thread

bolverk

13 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Well, my apologies to women.  I generally get mad that they aren't closer to 100% non-Republican but hats off, and keep it up, and we will overcome.

36% of women are fucking Quislings/collaborators/Kapos.  Maybe it's Helsinki Syndrome, I dunno.

327a30e8-2a27-44a9-97f6-f982ad6332b0_tex

I guess we should be thrilled that it's actually that low.  The propensity for humans to actively work against their own interests will never cease to amaze me.

EDIT:  Also, it points to an interesting sub-issue.  The 58% of women who prefer Biden?  Almost all of them HATE Trump.  We're talking about over half of American women thinking that Trump and Trumpism are pure runny shit.  And you have a MAJORITY of American men who support Trump.

Are those women likely to have sex with Trump supporting men?  Nope.  Are Trump supporting men getting increasingly, and violently, sexually frustrated and misogynist?  Yep.  This is actually a social problem.  The more they go Trumpy, the less likely they are to get laid, which is more likely to make them even angrier and more Trumpy.  And none of them seem to be willing to listen to our simple advice: "maybe don't be giant assholes, and you'll have a better chance of getting a woman."

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, Js1 said:

58-36 (+18) among women is an improvement over 2020's 57-42 (+15) and 2022's 53-45 (+8) 

Sing Dia De La Mujer GIF by Pitch Perfect

Women will save us.  Women and Gen Z

And Native Americans.  For real.  The native vote in Arizona was literally the difference-maker:

Voters in precincts on the Navajo and Hopi reservations in northeastern Arizona cast nearly 60,000 ballots in the Nov. 3 election, compared with just under 42,500 in 2016, according to an Associated Press analysis of election data. Biden won Arizona by about 10,500 votes, according to unofficial results.

Turnout in two of the larger precincts on the reservations, for example, rose by 12% and 13% — and Biden won there handily — compared with a 4% increase among all Arizona voters.

Twice as many voters cast ballots in 2020 than in 2016 on the much smaller Havasupai reservation deep in a gorge off the Grand Canyon, overwhelmingly in support of Biden. More people from the Hualapai reservation also voted this year, with Biden outpacing Trump by a nearly 5-1 ratio.

Ironic, huh?  We the people fucked over Native Americans at almost every turn, and they repeatedly come in and save our asses.  I just always want to call that out whenever important demographics come up.  We were driving through the Navajo reservation on 12/31/20 (last day to make tax-deductible donations for the year), and we got to talking about 1) how much the tribal communities saved our asses, and 2) what a shitshow they were going through with COVID at the time (you couldn't access the reservation at all, they were in the shit).  My wife pulled up the Navajo nation COVID relief fund on her phone, and we donated a chunk of change then and there.  

Women.  Young people.  Black people.  Native Americans.  All the people who American likes to shit on, showing up to save the day.  It's a helluva thing.

• Hook 'Em 7

That IMDB list - those are the conservative celebrities?  Many of those listed are dead.  Two of them are Mike Lindell.  And this is the second entry on that list:

image.png.6b2816cc31f57d3800926a80edbc6c94.png

You know - that guy from Venom - who played (checks notes) "Neighborhood Couple (uncredited)".  Here are his other roles since then:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.28a328df6ab55faff11efa71f42450d8.png

Spider-man franchise!  Transformers franchise!  Matrix franchise!  He's had uncredited parts in some of the best!  And has become an American Icon in such society-defining roles as Tourist (uncredited), Trolley Tourist (uncredited), and Local (uncredited)!

Edited by TexLonghorn

Just now, Neonmoon said:

That would be financially...smart

image.png.6067dd37c3f51e214a350221e6e99c78.png

And she has dozens and dozens of concerts.  The Super Bowl happens just once a year.

To put it succinctly, in the battle of the real self-made billionaire vs. the fake billionaire propped up by Saudi and Russian money.....bet on the real one.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

And Native Americans.  For real.  The native vote in Arizona was literally the difference-maker:

Ironic, huh?  We the people fucked over Native Americans at almost every turn, and they repeatedly come in and save our asses.  I just always want to call that out whenever important demographics come up.  We were driving through the Navajo reservation on 12/31/20 (last day to make tax-deductible donations for the year), and we got to talking about 1) how much the tribal communities saved our asses, and 2) what a shitshow they were going through with COVID at the time (you couldn't access the reservation at all, they were in the shit).  My wife pulled up the Navajo nation COVID relief fund on her phone, and we donated a chunk of change then and there.  

Women.  Young people.  Black people.  Native Americans.  All the people who American likes to shit on, showing up to save the day.  It's a helluva thing.

Biden's steam train has run out for lots of progressives who stupidly will not even vote for him in critical swing states.  Guess who wins then. 

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

36% of women are fucking Quislings/collaborators/Kapos.  Maybe it's Helsinki Syndrome, I dunno.

327a30e8-2a27-44a9-97f6-f982ad6332b0_tex

I guess we should be thrilled that it's actually that low.  The propensity for humans to actively work against their own interests will never cease to amaze me.

EDIT:  Also, it points to an interesting sub-issue.  The 58% of women who prefer Biden?  Almost all of them HATE Trump.  We're talking about over half of American women thinking that Trump and Trumpism are pure runny shit.  And you have a MAJORITY of American men who support Trump.

Are those women likely to have sex with Trump supporting men?  Nope.  Are Trump supporting men getting increasingly, and violently, sexually frustrated and misogynist?  Yep.  This is actually a social problem.  The more they go Trumpy, the less likely they are to get laid, which is more likely to make them even angrier and more Trumpy.  And none of them seem to be willing to listen to our simple advice: "maybe don't be giant assholes, and you'll have a better chance of getting a woman."

While your point is absolutely true, it actually isn't just an American issue.  Will be a fascinating dynamic to watch over the next few years.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

7 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Biden's steam train has run out for lots of progressives who stupidly will not even vote for him in critical swing states.  Guess who wins then. 

Sounds like a bunch of fucking idiots who just want to whine about how nobody is good enough except Bernie but they had 2 opportunities to help him win and they sat at home and did nothing

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

While your point is absolutely true, it actually isn't just an American issue.  Will be a fascinating dynamic to watch over the next few years.

Thanks Andrew Tate 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Someone's keeping an eye on Germany, right? They've, uh, got a history.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Willie Nelson?

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

18 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It's a fascinating thing.  I mean, I remember my younger dating days.  My politics were, ummm, "flexible" in the interest of appealing to the ladies.  In short, the pursuit of ass was actually influential on my overall political position.  Globally, we're seeing a really fascinating (and scary) dichotomy.  Men can choose beliefs like this:

1) choose to be more liberal and accommodating in their politics, which will ultimately get more women to WANT to be with you/have sex with you, or

2) choose to be more stridently conservative, where the path seems to be "fine, they don't WANT to have sex with me....we need to impose rules and order that MAKE them have sex with me."

You can think of and treat women like human beings to be courted and persuaded, or you can treat them like property that best be obedient and bend to your will.

I don't know if you've met many women, but in my experience......good fucking luck with path 2.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

It's a fascinating thing.  I mean, I remember my younger dating days.  My politics were, ummm, "flexible" in the interest of appealing to the ladies.  In short, the pursuit of ass was actually influential on my overall political position.  Globally, we're seeing a really fascinating (and scary) dichotomy.  Men can choose beliefs like this:

1) choose to be more liberal and accommodating in their politics, which will ultimately get more women to WANT to be with you/have sex with you, or

2) choose to be more stridently conservative, where the path seems to be "fine, they don't WANT to have sex with me....we need to impose rules and order that MAKE them have sex with me."

You can think of and treat women like human beings to be courted and persuaded, or you can treat them like property that best be obedient and bend to your will.

I don't know if you've met many women, but in my experience......good fucking luck with path 2.

It's an interesting thought but I don't know if politics is the real driver of "to sex and marry or not to sex and marry".

When you think about what lots of research (ie not the guy in the pulpit on Sunday who says shit like "they need a spiritual leader") say that women are looking for out of relationships and ultimately a mate you will find things like affection, familial commitment (in the many forms a family can take) financial stability.

We have a growing issue in this country where more teen males are becoming listless, directionless adult males.  Not finishing high school, not going to college, etc.  You only have to read a little on the humorously named but genuine problem of  "golden penis syndrome" and how that has come about as fewer males enter college, become educated, improve job prospects, etc, and thus are in no position to be able to be an attractive candidate to provide things like financial stability and as a byproduct familial commitment (and of course that now smaller group of men who do check all those boxes are the ones with proverbial golden penises).

Politics becomes a symptom of that kind of problem.  If history tells us anything it is that directionless males lacking prospects are Candidate 1A to fall into the trap of the cultist looney's and the shit they espouse.  And who are the current loonies in the USA?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

It's an interesting thought but I don't know if politics is the real driver of "to sex and marry or not to sex and marry".
When you think about what lots of research (ie not the guy in the pulpit on Sunday who says shit like "they need a spiritual leader") say that women are looking for out of relationships and ultimately a mate you will find things like affection, familial commitment (in the many forms a family can take) financial stability.
We have a growing issue in this country where more teen males are becoming listless, directionless adult males.  Not finishing high school, not going to college, etc.  You only have to read a little on the humorously named but genuine problem of  "golden penis syndrome" and how that has come about as fewer males enter college, become educated, improve job prospects, etc, and thus are in no position to be able to be an attractive candidate to provide things like financial stability and as a byproduct familial commitment (and of course that now smaller group of men who do check all those boxes are the ones with proverbial golden penises).
Politics becomes a symptom of that kind of problem.  If history tells us anything it is that directionless males lacking prospects are Candidate 1A to fall into the trap of the cultist looney's and the shit they espouse.  And who are the current loonies in the USA?

Good post. And with respect to those men, it’s kind of a chicken or the egg kinda thing…or maybe it’s a death spiral for them. The more they are rejected, the more they become embittered and caught up in loony shit, and the more they become embittered and caught up in loony shit, the more they are rejected.
I don’t think the problem for men is that they are “conservative,” per se; women generally aren’t turned off by a guy who believes in limited government and lower taxes. But modern conservatism isn’t defined by those things. It’s defined by purity tests that require one to go down batshit conspiracy theory rabbit holes, and to do shit like call Taylor Swift a cunt whore and to say women should be imprisoned if they have an abortion. Yeah…THOSE things are a big fucking turnoff for most women.
We need a new WPA badly. 

Unless that stands for “wet pussy access,” I don’t think it’s gonna help.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Good post. And with respect to those men, it’s kind of a chicken or the egg kinda thing…or maybe it’s a death spiral for them. The more they are rejected, the more they become embittered and caught up in loony shit, and the more they become embittered and caught up in loony shit, the more they are rejected.
I don’t think the problem for men is that they are “conservative,” per se; women generally aren’t turned off by a guy who believes in limited government and lower taxes. But modern conservatism isn’t defined by those things. It’s defined by purity tests that require one to go down batshit conspiracy theory rabbit holes, and to do shit like call Taylor Swift a cunt whore and to say women should be imprisoned if they have an abortion. Yeah…THOSE things are a big fucking turnoff for most women.

Agree. I think you have a fire going and then all the stuff you are describing pours gas on it. 

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Unless that stands for “wet pussy access,” I don’t think it’s gonna help.

I don’t know shit about dating since the advent of social media but I’d be very surprised if people don’t look at social media posts to filter candidates. If a guy’s social media has incel / far right red flags, that’s gonna be sex repellent.

3 hours ago, GenXer said:

I don’t know shit about dating since the advent of social media but I’d be very surprised if people don’t look at social media posts to filter candidates. If a guy’s social media has incel / far right red flags, that’s gonna be sex repellent.

Most folks date through Apps, and social media links aren’t offered up as a first step for research. People are filtering through bios and DMs. At least I think. You don’t blast your socials to strangers, that’s like writing your phone # on your forehead. Plus you can bypass said dating Apps.

there are conservative dating apps, however. Probably liberal ones too. 

5 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Alamo Stadium in SA, Buc Stadium in Corpus and the Tomato Bowl in Jacksonville are as well. Some of the coolest and grand old dames of TXHSFB. 

Here's a site that lists not only stadiums built by WPA but other projects, as well. 

https://livingnewdeal.org/new-deal-categories/parks-and-recreation/stadiums/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Most folks date through Apps, and social media links aren’t offered up as a first step for research. People are filtering through bios and DMs. At least I think. You don’t blast your socials to strangers

You don't have to blast your socials for a potential dating match to find you on them. All they need is a name.

My roommate will look  up a date on social media after the first date (if it went well) and probably 4/5 times she will find your Facebook, and can almost always find everything else using that. By the time the second day rolls around, she will know the names of the date's family members, what they do, etc etc. 

She is not unique in doing this

• Hook 'Em 1

To be fair, Elmo took over the show in a way that contributed to the decline of the show’s quality; and he is whiny, even by muppet standards.  On the other hand, my son loved the Elmo’s World segment and Mr. Noodle and his brother and sister was pretty good physical comedy.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, safe sex said:

You don't have to blast your socials for a potential dating match to find you on them. All they need is a name.

My roommate will look  up a date on social media after the first date (if it went well) and probably 4/5 times she will find your Facebook, and can almost always find everything else using that. By the time the second day rolls around, she will know the names of the date's family members, what they do, etc etc. 

She is not unique in doing this

I mean, yeah, if you can find details, do it. But I didn't realize dating apps posted last names. I think they key here is you said "After the first date." Your roommate had to go on a date and get a last name, right? Or they had to give  last name before they went on the first date in an email or message, right?

My point was, last I chicked which was admittedly a long while, dating profiles didn't have last names listed, phone numbers, emails, or links to social media profiles. For security reasons, an also becuase, well, the dating app wants people using them to communicate. But at somepoint, someone had to offer up a name. Sure, then it's fair game. But unless things have changed, it's hard to do a background check BEFORE you go on the first date.

Co workers, or friends of friends, chuch or class or folks who meet some other more old school, organic way? Sure, it's wide open. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

Oh good lord, some of you are old. It’s not that hard to find someone on social media via a dating profile. 

And let’s be real - the more MAGA you are, the more likely you are advertising it via something insane like a gun pic or a red hat on your profile. They don’t know how to be anything but their political affiliation 

I would also add asking for a social, like instagram, is a way to verify before meeting. So much of dating apps are bots/fake crypto bros, plus the proliferation of AI filtered pics

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3

While I'm skeptical of any poll, I think the following Quinnipiac poll bodes poorly for Trump. 

• Biden has a 50-44 national lead over Trump.
  • But it has Haley over Biden with a 47-42.

In other words, some Haley supporters will not just stay home but will actively take Biden over Trump. 

Of course, the national poll doesn't mean crap at the end except it does show national sentiment which reflects many voters.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Oh good lord, some of you are old. It’s not that hard to find someone on social media via a dating profile. 

And let’s be real - the more MAGA you are, the more likely you are advertising it via something insane like a gun pic or a red hat on your profile. They don’t know how to be anything but their political affiliation 

I would also add asking for a social, like instagram, is a way to verify before meeting. So much of dating apps are bots/fake crypto bros, plus the proliferation of AI filtered pics

Lots of people don’t participate in social media tho.

Edited by Voldemort86

Again, to berate the point as Lobo is wont to do...

Men are a nasty problem for women.  I try my best to be an ally coming from a female household of 4 and now two daughters of my own.  We are the absolute worst thing to ever happen to women, bar none.  But I still, 8 years later, watch in awe as women I know and respect and love line up to cow-tow to Trump and MAGA-ism and I still just don't fucking get it.  I get there are older women, mothers usually, who have conservative and religious principles.  My wife is a shining example of that, but I have female relatives and friends and business associated that would stand online for hours to just be in his essence.  And what's more, I have younger cousins and know daughters of friends who would see an online dating profile of some MAGA dipshit and instead of swiping away, would gleefully reply, "Oh hey strong guy, let's meet up later this week."  I just don't fucking get it.  There are women who vote Republican and have for generations in my family, and it was for a value set that has been cast aside.  But there are millions of 20 and 30 something females in our country who not only want to date MAGA men, but also view their contemporaries who don't feel the same way as demonic sluts who traffic humans and fentanyl.  Men are horrible.  But the women enabling this movement are beyond the pale, IMO.  Y'all need to have a meeting.

4 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Again, to berate the point as Lobo is wont to do...

Men are a nasty problem for women.  I try my best to be an ally coming from a female household of 4 and now two daughters of my own.  We are the absolute worst thing to ever happen to women, bar none.  But I still, 8 years later, watch in awe as women I know and respect and love line up to cow-tow to Trump and MAGA-ism and I still just don't fucking get it.  I get there are older women, mothers usually, who have conservative and religious principles.  My wife is a shining example of that, but I have female relatives and friends and business associated that would stand online for hours to just be in his essence.  And what's more, I have younger cousins and know daughters of friends who would see an online dating profile of some MAGA dipshit and instead of swiping away, would gleefully reply, "Oh hey strong guy, let's meet up later this week."  I just don't fucking get it.  There are women who vote Republican and have for generations in my family, and it was for a value set that has been cast aside.  But there are millions of 20 and 30 something females in our country who not only want to date MAGA men, but also view their contemporaries who don't feel the same way as demonic sluts who traffic humans and fentanyl.  Men are horrible.  But the women enabling this movement are beyond the pale, IMO.  Y'all need to have a meeting.

Sadly….. most women who live in red states who also happen to have husbands or boyfriends and particularly live in the south are told by their husbands or boyfriends how to vote. When they get in their husband or bf’s pickup truck on the way to go vote, you know the husband or bf is lobbying hard for the MAGA.

1 minute ago, Voldemort86 said:

Sadly….. most women who live in red states who also happen to have husbands or boyfriends and particularly live in the south are told by their husbands or boyfriends how to vote. When they get in their husband or bf’s pickup truck on the way to go vote, you know the husband or bf is lobbying hard for the MAGA.

In my anecdotal experience, it's rural women, young and old, that are driving the female maga support numbers.  

Yeah, I get that intimidation factor but in the end, nobody is in the booth with them.  And even if you take out red/southern states...Trump still closed 8-digit female votes in non-rural, non-red states.  Mainly uneducated ones, but still ones that know a fucking asshole when they see one.  

17 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Lots of people don’t participate in social media tho.

I assume your username  is your year of birth. You should know that is exceedingly rare in our cohort. You may have some outliers but our age group and younger has at least 1 form of social media. Usually instagram or Snapchat. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I assume your username  is your year of birth. You should know that is exceedingly rare in our cohort. You may have some outliers but our age group and younger has at least 1 form of social media. Usually instagram or Snapchat. 

I'm in my late 30s. I deleted my Twitter when Musk took over and my Facebook years ago. Have never had an Instagram, Snapchat, or TikTok. I browse Reddit some (never post) but I'm trying to cut back on that. Other than that, it's just Surly for me.

Every now and then, there's something I feel like I'm missing out on (selling shit on Facebook Marketplace, updates from my kids' teachers on Instagram, fantasy football injury updates on Twitter), but overall, I feel way better than when I used to mindlessly doomscroll Twitter. My great hope is that more and more people my age and younger will begin to realize that having social media is not actually a requirement for modern life.

• Hook 'Em 4