Texas (+8) @ BYU- 1pm on ESPN2

shadow_operative

2 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Expected loss. BYU is a better team and better coached. Houston is a very important game for this team. 

Nah. Both Houston games should be penciled in as L’s.

We needed to split OU/BYU and then pick up an unexpected one like ISU at home or TCU on the road next week to make up for the WVU loss.

Edited by Hookem2147

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Expected loss. BYU is a better team and better coached. Houston is a very important game for this team. 

Houston?  the Houston game means nothing.  we are losing to them twice and it is expected.

BYU was actually a winnable game but we don't know how to play D.  

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

BYU is definitely better coached, but there is no reason to get throttled like this, even on the road.  Pretty much our whole team from coach to the end of the bench didn't show up, save Disu.

And Weaver.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Nah. Both Houston games should be penciled in as L’s.

We needed to split OU/BYU and then pick up an unexpected one like ISU at home or TCU on the road next week to make up for the WVU loss.

If we lose by 20+ thats a problem. If we lose/win a close one, that will give the team some confidence. 

If we lose by 20+ thats a problem. If we lose/win a close one, that will give the team some confidence. 

Yeah, I just don’t agree with that considering how the team has seemingly responded/bounced back multiple times this year when we had already buried them.

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Yeah, I just don’t agree with that considering how the team has seemingly responded/bounced back multiple times this year when we had already buried them.

Oh they are still buried. A fluke win against Baylor at home and OU shitting the bed doesnt change that. They can unbury themselves with a win against Houston. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Not sure your expectations are reasonable.  I'll be really surprised if Texas doesn't lose by at least 20pts vs cougar high.  

Poor rebounding and defensive Texas team will add 10+ points on offensive end for cougars.  And Texas offense will really struggle scoring...  

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Mitchell is pretty much a non entity as well.  we are a 3 man team. Disu, Weaver, Abmas. 

Porter Moser must suck

Mitchell isn't aggressive enough on either end.  Not saying he should be shooting every time he gets the ball but he is too hesitant to make a move.   He is one of our best rebounders so he has to be on floor.   

Take a whiff on me, that ain't no rose
Roll up yer window and hold your nose
You don't have to look and you don't have to see
'Cause you can feel it in your olfactory
 You got your
Dead skunk in the middle of the road
And it's stinkin' to high heaven!
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Mitchell isn't aggressive enough on either end.  Not saying he should be shooting every time he gets the ball but he is too hesitant to make a move.   He is one of our best rebounders so he has to be on floor.   

The lack of development of Mitchell is just so disappointing...  😒

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Mitchell has cost himself so much money.  He’s trending the wrong direction.

He's made progress in his 1.5 years here but he's a project.  Needs a lot more development.   He couldn't even shoot a 10 footer when he showed up.   At least he can do that now.  

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

He's made progress in his 1.5 years here but he's a project.  Needs a lot more development.   He couldn't even shoot a 10 footer when he showed up.   At least he can do that now.  

‘Member all offseason when we got gaslit into believing he was a majorly improved shooter from the NBA workouts and may actually have a 3 point game too?

Kandi Burruss Bravo GIF

Edited by Js1

Today’s loss didn’t piss me off. I expected to lose this one on the road and coming off two big wins so we were due. Losing to WV and UCF was different for me. Only shot at beating Houston will be Monday since it’s at home and a huge game. This team seems more focused coming off a loss and then playing a big team. Just did it against Baylor. I’m kinda feeling an upset Monday.

8 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Horton must be in the dawg house cause why do we have Cunningham and Weaver on the court together!?!?

I know we’re offensively challenged but jeez doesn’t make much sense 

I think it has more to do with the fact that Horton isn’t good at basketball at least Cunningham and Weaver provide a pulse defensively.

31 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Mitchell has cost himself so much money.  He’s trending the wrong direction.

He should transfer to a program that has an actual plan for him. Sampson at least would make him a pick-and-pop shooter and an amazing defender. Same for Scott Drew. It's reminiscent of how Shaka wasted so much talent and developed no one. 

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

SEC chant is strange. These people arent even our rivals and have been conference members for a year lol

Yeah they should be thanking us for leaving so their shitty little cult college got the chance to play in a halfway decent conference 

• Hook 'Em 3