Super Bowl LVII - Las Vegas

tx 3 putt

18 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I did not know that about the AFL franchise moving to K.C.  I know a fair amount about the Hunt family history, but jackshit about the NFL history.  

A funny aside, earlier today---wife was on her usual Saturday conf. call with her family.  Almost all of whom are in Kansas and lifelong Chiefs fans.  Literally half of them said they weren't going to watch the game tomorrow.  Because you know, it's only the Super Bowl and the most exciting thing to happen to Kansas since the Spanish Flu Epidemic of 1918.

And they're all lying.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

That’s not a sphere. That’s a circle. 

conspiracytheorySlaterstonedtothebejesus, "Have you ever even looked at a photograph of a globe man?  There's some spooky, circular shit going on, huh?  And it's blue, too?"  /dazed

• Haha 1

Pupply Bowl starting now on HBO Max.  

And yes, the camera is gonna pan over to a dog named "Terrier Swift"  and "Taylor Schnoodle."  Just a quick trigger warning.  Thoughts and prayers on some of you being so brave to endure these hardships.  

Damn, these dogs are cute.

Also, in the spirit of the NFL being patriotic for once.  I hope they do some kind of tribute to the victims of 7/11, on this, the 22.5 year anniversary of that horrible tragedy. 

Finally, Kelce's brother walking in as Zach G. from "The Hangover" was funny as fuck.  

Edited by YGIFS

Boomer has to be so bitter when they put him up with Simms and Cowher to talk about the Super Bowl. Hey we need the perspective of someone who lost the Super Bowl...hey Boomer!

Edited by mdmost
  • Haha 1

Esiason was way the fuck better than Phil Simms and didn't have LT on the other side of the ball either.  Phil Sims was  just Trent Dilfer in a bigger market.

Edited by slorch

Walked over to our neighborhood deli for a couple sandwiches today at noon, the owner and I are friendly as its a couple doors down from our house...place is busy but not crowded, he asks me who I like in the game....having 3 teen daughters (uh, no), I playfully (and kind of hoping to trigger someone just cause) say the Chiefs b/c more Taylor Swift shots....lady ordering ahead of me lets  out a huge guffaw and says how sick she is of hearing about TS.  Hahahaha.

The CBS tribute with Musburger was great.  Grew up watching that show religiously.

Edited by jdhorn92
  • Hook 'Em 2

This is an unusual Super Bowl for me as I don’t dislike either team. I can make a case cheering for the 49ers and Brock Purdy, a.k.a. Mr. Irrelevant, as it would be cool to see him lead San Francisco to a win. And, there’s SF’s HC , Kyle Shanahan, who played for the Horns.  On the other hand, Patrick Mahomes is from Whitehouse, Texas, which is just down the road from Troup and Tyler where my grandparents and numerous uncles, aunts, and cousins lived.  Plus, I  dig the whole scene with Travis and Taylor,  Having said all of this, I do think KC wins, BUT I’m not putting money on it.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

There is a better than zero chance he finds himself in the Mojave Desert bargaining with a Chinese gangster for Black Travis's life tomorrow.

leslie chow hangover GIF

Uh, our Swift is a White.  

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

And yes, the camera is gonna pan over to a dog named "Terrier Swift"  and "Taylor Schnoodle."  Just a quick trigger warning.  Thoughts and prayers on some of you being so brave to endure these hardships.  

Also, in the spirit of the NFL being patriotic for once.  I hope they do some kind of tribute to the victims of 7/11, on this, the 22.5 year anniversary of that horrible tragedy. 

Finally, Kelce's brother walking in as Zach G. from "The Hangover" was funny as fuck.  

Your obsession with Taylor Swift and supposed butt hurt about her regarding the game is noted.  Every post on your thread is about it.  

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

The amount of times you e posted about Taylor has to be a record.  I mean don’t you have other shit to bitch and complain about then making up a scenario in your head to complain about 

Edited by Sgt Hulk

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

The amount of times you e posted about Taylor has to be a record 

He’s trying to make Fetch happen to make oblique political posts.  Same thing in tell me about Texas A&M and his Qatar comments hoping someone takes the bait.  Dude, we fucking get it.  But you’re  coming off as on the spectrum pairing that shit on football boards.  

Posting not pairing.  

Edited by Frank Drebin

1 minute ago, Sgt Hulk said:

The amount of times you e posted about Taylor has to be a record.  I mean don’t you have other shit to bitch and complain about then making up a scenario in your head to complain about 

Fair point.  It’d be like using a multi-million dollar social media platform to take credit for creating her career on Super Bowl Sunday, right?  I mean, if we’re talking about made up scenarios us in the heads of obviously insane adult men.  

its just funny to me is all.  Yall enjoy the game And bullshit aside, get home Safe tonight.  I’m already noticing half drunks out on the roads.  

I’ll be glad for whoever wins.  I like Swift.  She’s very talented and my daughter and wife have been to two of her showe.  She gives the crowd their money’s worth.  And given my daughter controls the radio on way to school in mornings, I think I’ve heard every song she’s recorded. Her songwriting chops are impressive to me, though I’m no music expert. 

Edited by Frank Drebin
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Frank Drebin said:

He’s trying to make Fetch happen to make oblique political posts.  Same thing in tell me about Texas A&M and his Qatar comments hoping someone takes the bait.  Dude, we fucking get it.  But you’re  coming off as on the spectrum pairing that shit on football boards.  

Posting not pairing.  

Dude, I you can rant all you want about me.  But don’t make pissy comments about people on the spectrum.   You’re better than that and you know it.  

as for A&M and Qatar.  I have been asked to read the following letter “there is no connection.”  

I started a Venmo Squares game at $10 per square--pays $250 per quarter with 4th quarter being final score if it goes to overtime. I have only 11 squares left and would like to get them sold. PM me if you want a clear path to riches. 

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

Dude, I you can rant all you want about me.  But don’t make pissy comments about people on the spectrum.   You’re better than that and you know it.  

as for A&M and Qatar.  I have been asked to read the following letter “there is no connection.”  

Is being on the spectrum a perjorative?  The best plaintiffs lawyer I know has a pretty significant touch of it.  And he’s private jet / $30 million River Oaks house type rich.  

I know dude, I’m from Chicago.  Even “just for fun” gambling squares, the guy still took some cut of the action.  You know; because he had to buy a pencil and a ruler.  And learn to count not in Italian ;)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Posting not pairing.  

Hes the cloak roam poster child douchebag we all have seen it. I’m glad others all calling him out finally 

22 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

GGFVOtnaMAEHm68.jpeg

I guess if you're paying to go to the SB, then a $17 can of Bud Light is not a big deal. 

It drives me nuts that people pay these sorts of prices, though. Because then they become the norm.

Gotdamn inflation is outta control!

patron, “I’d like to buy three beers.”

vendor, “that’s against the law.  Best I can do Is charge you the cost for three beers and just give you one.”

patron, “well that seems like a pretty good deal.”

Yeah, that's a fair point.  Moody center just went off the deep-end with drink prices this season.  But what should we expect when fucking Moet-Chandon has their own loge bar?  

I like the "Must Present Bucket" note on the popcorn refills.  You know there's a fucking awesome backstory behind that.  

"Here's your $2.99, thanks man."

-Uh, sir...you have to have the bucket to get that price.

"Nah man, just scoop it down my pants like last time." 

• Prepare your anus 1