Super Bowl LVII - Las Vegas

tx 3 putt

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

Honestly I'm a lot less bothered by Taylor Swift than I am Travis Kelce.  

That dude annoys the fuck out of me.

I didn't like him until I started watching the new heights podcast.  He's pretty funny and seems like a good dude.

Just now, FartingMonk said:

I didn't like him until I started watching the new heights podcast.  He's pretty funny and seems like a good dude.

I'm sure he's fine, but his commercials suck ass and are on seemingly non-stop.

I do like Jason though, and I image those two threw some bad ass HS parties back in the day.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, The Dog said:

image.thumb.png.c4de6213407255aa75191aea793e4b2c.png

Even that’s generous.  There’s plenty of Raider fans that despise SF in NorCal.  I like KC 2/2 my time there in med school and I made a lot of lifelong friends.  Born in Lubbock so that little area is hardcore KC from what I’ve seen.  All that said, even I’m getting sick of KC.  Meteor Bowl.  

• Hook 'Em 1

from some guy on Reddit:
"Two of the Raiders most hated rivals are gonna play in the Super Bowl in their building in Vegas. This is a nightmare for Raiders fans."

It’s not their building. That stadium became an nfl league venue five minutes after the last game there. It will be deRaiderized for the game. It shouldn’t be a nightmare for them. It’s a non.event.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/29/business/super-bowl-ticket-prices/index.html

As of Monday, the February 11 game is the most expensive Super Bowl on record, according to TickPick. The average price is hovering around $9,800, which is 70% more expensive than last year’s big game.

The current “get-in” price (the cheapest) for this year’s game is $8,188, which is more than 50% more expensive than the cheapest ticket price of last year’s Super Bowl during this time, when it cost $5,997.

32 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

It’s not their building. That stadium became an nfl league venue five minutes after the last game there. It will be deRaiderized for the game. It shouldn’t be a nightmare for them. It’s a non.event.

so if the Steelers/Cowboys played the big game in the Astrodome , lets say it's 1979, Oiler fans don't care? 

• Hook 'Em 2

55 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

so if the Steelers/Cowboys played the big game in the Astrodome , lets say it's 1979, Oiler fans don't care? 

Amazing the Astrodome never hosted a SB but Rice Stadium did. 

Nope. Just feel bad you’re not there. Most of these stadiums look pretty generic on tv. Packers/Steelers at ATT didn’t bother me. NFL takes it over. My company had a suite then. You don’t get to keep it for the game. Didn’t give a shit. Just watched it on TV.

2 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Nope. Just feel bad you’re not there. Most of these stadiums look pretty generic on tv. Packers/Steelers at ATT didn’t bother me. NFL takes it over. My company had a suite then. You don’t get to keep it for the game. Didn’t give a shit. Just watched it on TV.

Nope.  It's the Raiders home stadium.

“I’ve watched every Super Bowl, including the 9 where  the Patriots had the league’s best quarterback, Tom Brady. He was also dating a super famous hot girl. I also watched the one with the Bucs!

But I’m out on this Super Bowl because I’m tired of Pat Mahomes/Travis Kelce/Taylor Swift!”

no problem thumbs up GIF

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

“I’ve watched every Super Bowl, including the 9 where  the Patriots had the league’s best quarterback, Tom Brady. He was also dating a super famous hot girl. I also watched the one with the Bucs!

But I’m out on this Super Bowl because I’m tired of Pat Mahomes/Travis Kelce/Taylor Swift!”

no problem thumbs up GIF

In that case, just go on YouTube and watch an old Super Bowl game you enjoyed. 

1 hour ago, slorch said:

I'd rather isten to Taylor Swift talk about the game than Tony Romo.

Still want an ambient stadium noise button...

I noticed that the SkyCam broadcast from ESPN will sometimes just have the stadium announcer and stadium sound for the audio. Then at commercial breaks, the camera just floats around waiting for the game to restart. Its really nice, no play by play, and no commercials. Beautiful.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Yeah nobody was watching the NFL before TSwift. Give me a break.
Not exactly what they are saying though. Her cult tuning into games that normally wouldn't. Buying Chiefs and specifically Kelce merchandise. Both sides are benefitting from this arrangement
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:
58 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:
Yeah nobody was watching the NFL before TSwift. Give me a break.

Not exactly what they are saying though. Her cult tuning into games that normally wouldn't. Buying Chiefs and specifically Kelce merchandise. Both sides are benefitting from this arrangement

Giselle was arguably just as famous at a certain point. Did anyone ever complain or crunch numbers about her?

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

Giselle was arguably just as famous at a certain point. Did anyone ever complain or crunch numbers about her?

In my opinion not in the same neighborhood of fan following, celebrity status aside. But there certainly were articles that popped up talking about how much more she made than Tom. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 1/28/2024 at 11:18 PM, Helobious said:

The “no former longhorn has ever scored a TD in the Super Bowl” streak lives for another year.

*unless we get an Omenihu scoop and score I guess. Sounds like he’ll be back in time to play

Helobious'd:

On 1/29/2024 at 9:39 AM, Longboard Horn said:

For the first time in a long time, I don't give a shit about who wins the SB. 

I'm rooting for the former Longhorn (Shanahan) hunting his first Superbowl ring.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

39 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Helobious'd:

I'm rooting for the former Longhorn (Shanahan) hunting his first Superbowl ring.

Fuck Shanahan. All in for Chuck. 😁

On 1/29/2024 at 4:15 PM, Texzilla58 said:

I don't know, it triggered the fuck out of me when the Steelers and Packers played in the Super Bowl in Jerryworld.

3 hours ago, YChang said:

In my opinion not in the same neighborhood of fan following, celebrity status aside. But there certainly were articles that popped up talking about how much more she made than Tom. 

This.  My 29 yo daughter called me a few months ago and asked which channel the Chiefs were on.  She’s never given a rat’s ass about the NFL or football.  She’s not alone.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

In the private jet she owns that she didn't need to have sit on a tarmac with a missing Rolls-Royce engine for years until stupid people donated enough money to her to get it airborne again?  Just a hunch.

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1