Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

27 minutes ago, Proust Bag said:

I wish I had some of Elon’s fuck you money. 

If you had it, would be spending your time on twitter making stealing the stupidest memes and playing stupid games and sucking up to white nationalists?

Edited by Chopper

9 minutes ago, Chopper said:

If you had it, would be spending your time on twitter making stupid memes and playing stupid games and sucking up to white nationalists?

Say what you want about Zuckerberg, Meta real estate is a better use of money (and less lame) than Twitter blue. Neither of them good. 

As I posted earlier, Musk could have been SciFi Space Guy, he could have been Electric Car guy, he could have just been Rich AF Hedonist guy. 

He chooses to be Shit King of the Incels. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I'll be busy for the next few minutes feeding this thread to chatgpt and asking it to write a text book chapter about business fails covering, "An atttempt to sell a premium, status-conscious product to the masses but to see it quickly hammered with mass rejection, public derision and belittlement, except from magas, bros, and incels."

Well played, Elmo!

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I'll be busy for the next few minutes feeding this thread to chatgpt and asking it to write a text book chapter about business fails covering, "An atttempt to sell a premium, status-conscious product to the masses but to see it quickly hammered with mass rejection, public derision and belittlement, except from magas, bros, and incels."

Well played, Elmo!

"As an AI Language Model... blah blah blah" (as ChatGPT tries to shirk telling the truth)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

If you had it, would be spending your time on twitter making stealing the stupidest memes and playing stupid games and sucking up to white nationalists?

No, I hate Twitter. I’d be Texas’ Phil Knight or on a beach drinking myself to death. It could go either way. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't give a fuck about okie state pokies one way or the other but I have something I've been thinking about for days and days about their psychotic head corch and would like to post on one of their message boards. Do they have one or do I just search for message boards for meth using inbreds in oklahoma?
edit - please excuse my redundant redunancy

Wake up and change your sheets son, you’ve had another wet dream.
  • Fuck You 2

5 hours ago, Proust Bag said:

I wish I had some of Elon’s fuck you money. 

4 hours ago, Proust Bag said:

No, I hate Twitter. I’d be Texas’ Phil Knight or on a beach drinking myself to death. It could go either way. 

Monday Night Raw Yes GIF by WWE

If I had that money, well it would cause some difficulties as I explained to my kids why their new mom was Shania Twain, but I'd like to think that a few multi-thousand dollar buying sprees at the LEGO Store or an American Girl store would help ease things.  I mean, it's still going to be awkward as hell for the first few months/years, but enough buying sprees at toy and video game stores, and I can maybe overcome that awkwardness.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just checking but if SpaceX flights were grounded for a year or two because Elmo fucked around, is that a good thing for twitter and/or SpaceX?

"We barely cleared the launch pad before the rocket exploded but the dust storm we created by getting 20 feet off the ground was so awesome! It was worth getting grounded and losing the rocket, bro." Elmo, probably.

Edited by Chopper

3 hours ago, Chopper said:

Just checking but if SpaceX flights were grounded for a year or two because Elmo fucked around, is that a good thing for twitter and/or SpaceX?

"We barely cleared the launch pad before the rocket exploded but the dust storm we created by getting 20 feet off the ground was so awesome! It was worth getting grounded and losing the rocket, bro." Elmo, probably.

I’m not sure its years but it will be a while. Though I also think they weren’t going to fly starship for many months. But still it shows how little precaution musk takes and puts people at risk.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

I’m not sure its years but it will be a while. Though I also think they weren’t going to fly starship for many months. But still it shows how little precaution musk takes and puts people at risk.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/04/24/spacex-starship-explosion-spread-particulate-matter-for-miles.html

Jared Margolis, senior attorney with the Center for Biological Diversity, said that in an environmental assessment – which SpaceX completed to obtain a launch license – the company told the FAA and other agencies that in the event of an “anomaly” they expected debris would fall within a limited, 700-acre area surrounding the launch site. 

That would translate to a one-square-mile debris field, with debris emanating about three-quarters of a mile away from the site, he said, referencing SpaceX environmental site assessment documents that are public record.

In reality, following the test flight and explosion, people in Port Isabel reported broken windows in their businesses, shaking windows at their homes, and dust and particulate matter that coated their homes, schools and land unexpectedly, according to Cortez.

+

Eric Roesch, an environmental engineer who has been tracking the impact of SpaceX facilities and launches on his blog, ESGHound, said that particulate emissions are associated with pulmonary and respiratory issues, and are considered a high priority pollutant by the EPA. Health impacts depend upon exposure time and quantity, as well as particle size, and contents of the particulate, he added.

Roesch has been warning the public for months that the FAA and SpaceX had not been careful enough in their environmental analysis to comfortably proceed with a launch of this magnitude. He said, “The possibility of a widely dispersed plume of emissions was not disclosed by the FAA or SpaceX, during the initial environmental permitting and approval process.” 

Margolis and Cortez both noted that roads had been damaged, with gates and cordons closed immediately following the SpaceX Starship test flight. That meant wildlife biologists and other field researchers could not immediately pass through to study the full scale of any damage that occurred in a nearby wildlife refuge area – though some were reportedly on location by Saturday April 22. 

One concern is that evidence of harm to endangered species could be removed from the site before regulators have an opportunity to assess it, Margolis said.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

I read an article last night that laid out the multiple instances going back to last fall where Elmo basically said "I hope we don't fuck up the launch pad!" or "I'm worried about the launch pad!"

Idiot clearly knew they were going to fuck up the launch pad because they were cutting corners, and he couldn't keep his mouth shut. If you were planning on committing a crime and told him in advance, motherfucker would be on twitter saying "I hope people aren't around this bank on this date!" and "I hope this bank has a bunch of cash on this date!"

If he had just kept his mouth shut and then acted shocked when the launch pad was destroyed and the launch covered a nearby town with debris, he'd have a defense of some kind, even if everybody pointed out that with no flame trench and massive water systems to suppress the heat and sound, it was still going to destroy the launchpad.

He lobbed that one right in over the plate to the FAA and NASA.

Meanwhile...

33 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I read an article last night that laid out the multiple instances going back to last fall where Elmo basically said "I hope we don't fuck up the launch pad!" or "I'm worried about the launch pad!"

Idiot clearly knew they were going to fuck up the launch pad because they were cutting corners, and he couldn't keep his mouth shut. If you were planning on committing a crime and told him in advance, motherfucker would be on twitter saying "I hope people aren't around this bank on this date!" and "I hope this bank has a bunch of cash on this date!"

If he had just kept his mouth shut and then acted shocked when the launch pad was destroyed and the launch covered a nearby town with debris, he'd have a defense of some kind, even if everybody pointed out that with no flame trench and massive water systems to suppress the heat and sound, it was still going to destroy the launchpad.

He lobbed that one right in over the plate to the FAA and NASA.

Meanwhile...

Given some of the post launch videos I've watched plus chatting with my wife who is an aerospace engineer and worked for NASA - the general view of Musk's worry wasn't the damage to the ground, etc. It was to the actual launch structure - that ring and the pillars (and their morings in the ground). I'm purely guessing that they never subjected that structure to the force, heat, etc of all 33 rockets in that environment. I understand that they took a ton of shortcuts with the thrust redirection, but that would be for the ground, not the launch pad, this video covers most of that at 3:20 ish.

As far as the ground damage, I don't think Musk cared about that, beyond if that stuff blew up debris and hit the launch structure and/or rocket (which that video also notes). This is the huge shortcut they took, and because of it they put their own mission at risk (and potentially the environment, animals, plants and nearby people). If their own inspections showed 0 damage to the launch structure, I would bet Mosk would do nothing to shore up the damage to the ground.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

For those of you wondering why shitty accounts that you  don't follow/etc. are beating out people you follow..

"Verified"... riiiiight.

Anyway, I have noticed the blue checkmarks are the first comments that pop up on Tweets so now its at least easier to block accounts.  They're all lined up and ready for this...

image.png.7370ec0a504267f4758cb9473945f1da.png

But seriously... he now thinks a dumbass with 35 followers is prioritized.  Platform is turning to hot garbage.

image.png.ab957d12818755dbea49e2de63d23124.png

Edited by texasdago
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, texasdago said:

"Verified"... riiiiight.

Anyway, I have noticed the blue checkmarks are the first comments that pop up on Tweets so now its at least easier to block accounts.  They're all lined up and ready for this...

But seriously... he now thinks a dumbass with 35 followers is prioritized.  Platform is turning to hot garbage.

Only a true business genius would think to place a bunch of uneducated, loudmouth, moronic incels as the centerpiece of a social media network and to hand them (and only them) the equivalent of a free microphone and gigantic loudspeaker as they roll around the site making all but the primary tweet readable for anyone lacking patience for dealing with twitter personalities as bad or worse than mulletfree and pokieturd. Seems like an idea that'll do wonders for site engagement by anyone other than the 0.08 percent of users who pay for twitter blue.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Only a true business genius would think to place a bunch of uneducated, loudmouth, moronic incels as the centerpiece of a social media network and to hand them the equivalent of a free microphone and gigantic loudspeaker as they roll around the site making all but the primary tweet readable for anyone lacking patience for dealing with twitter personalities as bad or worse than mulletfree and pokieturd. Seems like an idea that'll do wonders for site engagement by anyone other than the 0.08 percent of users who pay for twitter blue.

Hitting a little too close to home there.

• Haha 4

Twitter is backing out of a prior agreement, made before Elon Musk's tenure, which committed $20 million to smaller VCs. 

The social media giant, historically known for supporting venture capital firms, recently shifted its focus towards backing underrepresented founders. However, under Musk's leadership, these VCs will no longer receive the previously committed $20 million in funding from Twitter.

VC heads backed by Twitter received a note in January, indicating that the team previously managing their accounts had been disbanded following Musk's takeover. Musk's team have reached out to some VCs, but Twitter no longer intends to fulfill outstanding financial commitments and expects the firms to secure their own funding.

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

For those of you wondering why shitty accounts that you  don't follow/etc. are beating out people you follow..

None of these new blue check marks are “verified” in anything other than they signed up to pay for Twitter blue, be curious how many even used traceable methods of payment or last past the trial period. Replies to the tweet are are nothing but trolling accounts.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, HamsterHookah said:

Twitter is backing out of a prior agreement, made before Elon Musk's tenure, which committed $20 million to smaller VCs. 

The social media giant, historically known for supporting venture capital firms, recently shifted its focus towards backing underrepresented founders. However, under Musk's leadership, these VCs will no longer receive the previously committed $20 million in funding from Twitter.

VC heads backed by Twitter received a note in January, indicating that the team previously managing their accounts had been disbanded following Musk's takeover. Musk's team have reached out to some VCs, but Twitter no longer intends to fulfill outstanding financial commitments and expects the firms to secure their own funding.

Why can't these smaller VCs just bootstrap themselves with daddy's emerald mine money?

SpaceX's Texas Rocket Caused a Big Mess - What's Next?

https://blog.esghound.com/p/spacexs-texas-rocket-caused-a-big?publication_id=303090&isFreemail=true

I outlined my reasoning last week for being shocked that SpaceX intended to launch from a rather simple raised stand over a solid slab of concrete. It was something no one else in the world does with large rockets. In every major launch facility worldwide, complex civil engineering trenches, diverters, and high-volume water sprayers protect structures, the surrounding environment, and the rockets themselves from the tremendous acoustic and thermal forces blasted out from tens of tens millions of pounds of thrust.

SpaceX rolled the dice instead. And now we know why these protections are in place.

+

If I were a potential litigant against the FAA and SpaceX, I would be licking my chops. Litigants in NEPA cases are generally environmental non-profits (think Sierra Club), and they seek to use courts to not only stop or alter projects they view as harmful, but to shape policy as well.

Given FAA’s many mistakes in the process, such as using plume models run in 2019 for a 20% smaller rocket than what SpaceX has built (as discussed in last week’s post), this gives a great legal opening to tear apart FAA’s methodology. Agencies like FERC (the Department of Energy organization that permits pipelines and LNG terminals) have a reputation for developing NEPA assessments and studies that are legally sound and very comprehensive. FAA, on the other hand, doesn't have the best reputation for developing great NEPA documents

The fact that on SpaceX’s very first launch, rather large, obvious environmental consequences occurred that were neither predicted nor described is a great starting point for a lawsuit. Litigants may seek to have the courts order FAA to complete a new EIS, or they may settle for FAA agreeing on even more mitigations, offsets or concessions. I’d be shocked if we don’t see a large, well-funded lawsuit filed in the coming weeks.

+

The FAA is going to have a difficult decision on its hands. Do they let SpaceX test out an unproven heat and sound plume protection device, given the last test of a “new way to launch super rockets” failed miserably in a hailstorm of concrete? If the FAA approves this protection equipment and no other regulatory process slows down SpaceX, we could see a launch in 6-12 months.

However, if the FAA insists on a full civil rebuild to accommodate a traditional flame trench, the Corps permitting alone, coupled with a Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) Clean Water Act 401 review, will take at least 2-3 years before construction can begin.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 3

I swear, you can go down a rabbithole of absolute loons on Twitter.  People spouting the weirdest stuff and you'll see they have 1,000 followers.  Not weird, "Joe Biden blah blah" stuff but weird conspiracy theories on skull shapes and how people are demons etc.  Super weird.

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?