Texas (-8.5) vs K State- 8pm on ESPN2

shadow_operative

This game was always going to be a bloodbath. It was more like a tourney game. And K-State dirties it up but they generally play everyone close. Lost by 3 to TCU, by 6 at BYU, by 1 at Tech. They beat KU and Baylor.

This was a critical win and we won playing absolutely terribly.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I think the best part of the SEC will be no more games on Monday after Saturday. It's also bullshit that UH and KU both get home games against Texas coming off an off week.

KSU was desperate for a win, Hunter and Mitchell continue to show no improvement. I can't believe Hunter has no floater game after not improving his shooting ability from BTA or his ability to hold onto the ball in traffic. Mitchell just has no basketball skill. I hope Texas never recruits another 5 star athlete with no basketball skill. We've had a quite a few in the last decade.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Eh. It was 1 extra point.  He still gets 3 if they don’t call the foul. 

Well that extra point would have helped my heart rate a ton down the stretch where it kept alternating between a 2 and 3 possession game.

Good point. If we had played defense and hustled like that against UCF or at WV we win both of those. Some of that is simply getting Weaver more minutes.

I’m still reeling from the game. So many bad decisions, bad shots, and boneheaded plays. Ugghh. Just bad basketball. Some of that can be attributed to K-State. Most of it can be attributed to RT.

The on-again, off-again nature of this team's effort drives me nuts.  Just fucking play.

And on a side note, while Dillon MIGHT be the most improved player in the league, he has scrambled eggs for brains.  I mean, he just completely checks out, and often.  His physical skills in the paint can be fun to watch, but holy shit they come at a price.

20 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The on-again, off-again nature of this team's effort drives me nuts.  Just fucking play.

And on a side note, while Dillon MIGHT be the most improved player in the league, he has scrambled eggs for brains.  I mean, he just completely checks out, and often.  His physical skills in the paint can be fun to watch, but holy shit they come at a price.

It's going to be interesting what Mitchell does after this season. Can he make a bigger bag overseas or NIL at Texas? He's simply not a NBA-caliber player. 

Or maybe he transfers. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

2 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I guess you missed the part when he was Barnes' assistant and he helped recruit some of the guys that went to the Final Four.

Like TJ Ford

key word "assisstant"...he's not the assistant anymore.

12 hours ago, dcar00 said:

This is Shaka all over again.

Not really at all but they're both blek so I guess it's an easy observation to make. 

The roster Shaka had that lost to ACU was a lot better than this one. Put Coleman on this team instead of Tyrese and we're something like 8-5 in conference and a lock for the tourney.

Shit - I'd take Ramey over Tyrese. 

Edited by ztejas

3 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Shaka never won an NCAA tournament game at Texas despite having multiple 1st round played in Mo Bamba, Jaxon Hayes, Jarrett Allen, Kai Jones and 2 second-round picks in Greg Brown III and Jericho Sims. 

fify.

Myles left the year before Shaka came

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Not really at all but they're both blek so I guess it's an easy observation to make. 

The roster Shaka had that lost to ACU was a lot better than this one. Put Coleman on this team instead of Tyrese and we're something like 8-5 in conference and a lock for the tourney.

Shit - I'd take Ramey over Tyrese. 

I'm just talking about the play in general. so fucking up and down based on if one or 2 players are hitting shots. has nothing to do with the color of their skin.  we've only had 4 coaches in the last 25 years.  2 were/are black and 2 were white.  

Late Era Barnes was not good but it wasn't like this.

but yes, Tyrese is incredible.  he has almost zero handle and makes WTF decisions with the ball all the time.

Terry has a good chance to make the tournament which was looking bleak after UCF.  If Abmas and Disu show up they could win a game or maybe 2 which would put Terry well ahead of Shaka.