MAGA Grifting Texts

Slacks

Is anybody else getting 5 MAGA grifting texts per day?

I think I may have blocked 80% of the phone numbers in the US by now...  

I've started responding with "Send me money".

Immediate unsubscribe.

The thing is, they think I'm the other guy with my name... He was a Rick Perry campaigner (and an aggy). I need an 'auto-forward' to send to him.

• Haha 3

I get lots from actblue. Very rarely from republicans.

I’ve donated regularly to actblue, worked phone banks, and hosted a phone bank so I’m on the DNC list.

On the rare occasion I do get a GQP text, I have a bit of fun responding.

I have been getting them like crazy for the last week or so.  I opt out of everyone of them.  It seems to have slacked off since early voting started in my County at least.

Edited by kevwun

23 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I've never received one. Joe and Jill Biden, however, won't leave me the fuck alone. 

Gee your hair smells terrific!  😅

I get a ton of calls from small towns in Texas that I've never heard of.  I don't answer them, but I'm learning more geography by looking each one up when they call. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Now I'm pissed off that I've never gotten one of these!  I wanna play!

I'm happy to recommend they text you...

43 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Unsubcribing, or deleting and reporting as junk, will not save us, because the next text will come from a new "cloned" phone number.

100s of them.

I get them because I have had to use my phone number for all things doing with my mother, like medical, financial, etc.    

I don't opt out because once in a while I get one that is pushing a local event like when Abbott was on his way here to stump for vouchers the first go around.  Gave us enough of a heads up to get together a little protest outside.  

Been getting a lot from Don Jr lately, which is kind of weird, since TFG is the one everyone worships.

Also get a lot of red junk texts for my ex, who hasn't lived her since 2014 when she moved back to Canada.  She was never a voting citizen anyway, so I keep her opted in, because now and then they waste money on junk mail to her. 

And yeah, Allred has no problem bomb texting us.  But I think Beto was even worse.  Still, Allred has time to win that aggravating race between now and Nov.  Another reason I like Gutierrez.

Some goob named Thomas Govan texted me with a picture of his post-concussed water head, and text saying he was a Christian conservative... running to get Alabama back on track... and STOP rulings from ultra-liberal judges...

Concerned citizen that I am, I asked "what do you plan to do about disobedient women?" I didn't even ask my wife if that was alright. No reply yet.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Unsubcribing, or deleting and reporting as junk, will not save us, because the next text will come from a new "cloned" phone number.

I’ve started asking why a billionaire needs money and how can I get in on the grift. 

Also Trump emails are starting to get through my spam filters.

4 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Some goob named Thomas Govan texted me with a picture of his post-concussed water head, and text saying he was a Christian conservative... running to get Alabama back on track... and STOP rulings from ultra-liberal judges...

Concerned citizen that I am, I asked "what do you plan to do about disobedient women?" I didn't even ask my wife if that was alright. No reply yet.

This is my new reply for every one of them now

• Drool 1

14 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Also get a lot of red junk texts for my ex, who hasn't lived her since 2014 when she moved back to Canada.  She was never a voting citizen anyway, so I keep her opted in, because now and then they waste money on junk mail to her. 

Ex in Canada? Riiiiight.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1