Texas (+4.5) @ Texas Tech- Tuesday, 8pm on ESPN

shadow_operative

42 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Wouldn't be surprised if y'all took this one. We're beat up and haven't been playing too well. That said, I'm sure everyone will be back to full strength and Pop Isaacs will suddenly lift out of his shooting slump for one last Super Bowl.

This again? You bastard, you did this before the conference opener and it worked like a charm. Why can't you share?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Ye olde reverse jinx is undefeated.

Well, your effort is unnecessary. There's no hope of Texas making the tournament, our season is done, and Terry has been an unmitigated disaster. The 'Horns wouldn't have a chance even if the game were 4 on 5.

Y'all would win this with Mark Adams coaching, and even if said coach fucked his deceased brother's widow on the court before the game.

(Incidentally, Tech didn't delete the Mark Adams page from its website; they just killed the link. I'm serious. His page is still accessible and it still says he's the head coach.)

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Well, your effort is unnecessary. There's no hope of Texas making the tournament, our season is done, and Terry has been an unmitigated disaster. The 'Horns wouldn't have a chance even if the game were 4 on 5.

Y'all would win this with Mark Adams coaching, and even if said coach fucked his deceased brother's widow on the court before the game.

(Incidentally, Tech didn't delete the Mark Adams page from its website; they just killed the link. I'm serious. His page is still accessible and it still says he's the head coach.)

We couldn't win this game even if Keenan Evans returned to push off of Kerwin Roach again to shoot a potential game winner.

29 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Fucked his deceased twin brother’s widow

You left out the freakiest part  

• Like 1

Warren Washington is hurt.

Chance McMillian is hurt.

Pop is in a slump.

Joe T. is streaky as hell, but leaning on the slump streak side.

The younguns backing up Warren Washington are just not Big 12 ready.  At all. KyeRon Lindsay is in Grant's doghouse big time.

This is not an attempt at a reverse jinx.  These are the facts.

Edited by Uncle Nate

1 hour ago, Uncle Nate said:

Pop is in a slump.

The younguns backing up Warren Washington are just not Big 12 ready.  At all. KyeRon Lindsay is in Grant's doghouse big time.

John Candy Reaction GIF

• Haha 4

Does sandbagging by opposing team fans on their opponent’s website have an effect? I see some trickeration going on here and RT will have none of that.

We just need to know if the Tech coach can watch game film and come up with a half ass strategy to keep Abmas off the 3 pt line or covered by a 6+ foot defender and lull the Texas D to sleep and make constant open back door cuts for dunks and layups.

Edited by Newdoc
Graamerz

10 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

Does sandbagging by opposing team fans on their opponent’s website have an effect? I see some trickeration going on here and RT will have none of that.

We just need to know if the Tech coach can watch game film and come up with a half ass strategy to keep Abmas off the 3 pt line or covered by a 6+ foot defender and lull the Texas D to sleep and make constant open back door cuts for dunks and layups.

It's just kind of a long running joke on the basketball board.

2 hours ago, Uncle Nate said:

Pop is in a slump.

So we’re only going to lose by 6 instead of 10. Roger that. 

11 minutes ago, Tommy Shelby said:

I still think Tech loses this. Typical Tech rears its ugly head again.

I don't know.  Tech has a hard on for Texas like nothing else.  It's their Super Bowl if Tech could actually play in a super bowl and they let Mahomes QB and lead them to a threepeat all in one game.  That's what it seems like this means to Tech.  Which is great, just no need to deny it. 

39 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I don't know.  Tech has a hard on for Texas like nothing else.  It's their Super Bowl if Tech could actually play in a super bowl and they let Mahomes QB and lead them to a threepeat all in one game.  That's what it seems like this means to Tech.  Which is great, just no need to deny it. 

Yeah, and Tech tends to underperform (at least in football) when they see the burnt orange on the other end. The vitriol against UT has ramped up like crazy in basketball, especially since Beard's tenure at both places. I'm definitely trying a reverse jinx tactic as both teams are honestly pretty mediocre for the Big 12 at this point in the season and anything can happen. 

Tech posters only show up in game threads when they're pretty confident they're gonna win. Cute fake concern though.

Texas players are soft and checked out will piss down their leg just like they did @ Houston and Kansas. Our only good road performances are in arenas that care even less than us about basketball (like TCU and OU). 

Edited by CurlyDumps

I'm showing up because it's game day.  Pretty sure I showed up the last time.

All I did was state facts.  I left another fact out:  we got our asses run out of the gym in Orlando on Saturday by UCF.  We are injured and we are slumping.  We are undersized big time.

Any Tech fan who watched Saturday's game @ UCF knows that tonight doesn't bode well for us.  I don't see Warren Washington being miraculously cured in three days.  

36 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

I'm showing up because it's game day.  Pretty sure I showed up the last time.

All I did was state facts.  I left another fact out:  we got our asses run out of the gym in Orlando on Saturday by UCF.  We are injured and we are slumping.  We are undersized big time.

Any Tech fan who watched Saturday's game @ UCF knows that tonight doesn't bode well for us.  I don't see Warren Washington being miraculously cured in three days.  

If he can walk, he’ll play against Texaa

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Am I the only one that thinks a bad loss is a stone cold lock here? If I were in Vegas, I'd put $500 down on Tech to cover without thinking twice.

I'm currently in Vegas.  And considering just that.

I think we cover and win.  ZERO legitimate or arguable reasons to think so considering how shitty we have played recently, but from time to time, we just win some games we shouldn't win.  Gut feeling.  Nothing else.  No, I'm not betting any of you sumbitches any money on my gut feeling.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Am I the only one that thinks a bad loss is a stone cold lock here? If I were in Vegas, I'd put $500 down on Tech to cover without thinking twice.

Normally, I’d agree. But that line very weird to me. I was expecting to see 7 or 8.

4 hours ago, Pancho said:

All the tech bros showing up saying they are going to lose which means tech by 20.

You tech bros need to stop with that shit

The flow of Tech games has been choppy at best. It’s been virtually impossible to score at times. 
We’re not bullshitting. Tech hoops has been shitty as of late.  The effort is there, but certainly not the execution 

2 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Tech posters only show up in game threads when they're pretty confident they're gonna win. Cute fake concern though.

Texas players are soft and checked out will piss down their leg just like they did @ Houston and Kansas. Our only good road performances are in arenas that care even less than us about basketball (like TCU and OU). 

The concern isn't fake. The team is actually having big problems due to injuries. My first reverse jinx was at least half serious.

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Do the Tech fans shitting rat poison out of their mouths realize that Tech is still favored by 2 possessions tonight?

2 possessions isn’t shit in hoops.  But I get your point w the woe is me tech BS.  

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Bro at least get off the ground on your "jump shot" before you talk to me

Gotta defend our guy Z here.  Guy is entertaining and put himself out there. Lol

We have seen a lot worse around here.  

1 hour ago, Uncle Nate said:

Any Tech fan who watched game @ UCF knows tonight doesn't bode well for us.  Warren Washington isn't miraculously cured in three days.  

"I think we see Warren coming out"  😋

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

2 possessions isn’t shit in hoops.  But I get your point w the woe is me tech BS.  

Gotta defend our guy Z here.  Guy is entertaining and put himself out there. Lol

We have seen a lot worse around here.  

Nah I'm joking Z is a boss.

• Hook 'Em 1