“Many” chiefs fans now preparing for amputations after frostbite injuries from playoff game vs Miami

On 3/10/2024 at 3:25 PM, Beau Vine said:

"No such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing."

..or mebbe dumbass drunk fans?

Can't think of a better plan than to dress improperly, get drunk answering wet in su zero temperatures, unless you add stripping off clothes to the mix.

17 hours ago, kevwun said:

I remember seeing a fan get a bottle of water out of a cooler and it froze solid as soon as they opened it at that game.  

One year we were hunting in South Dakota in -8 degree weather, walking along a creek trying to kick up pheasants. Three of us tried to cross the frozen creek and fell through up to our waist in water. All three of us scampered out super quick, only to see all three of our pants freeze solid from top to bottom. We had to all Frankenstein walk double time back to the truck asap to stave off severe frostbite. Good times. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

There is no recourse for fans willing to attend a game in “cold as hell” temperatures. They knew the weather forecast prior to attending or at least should’ve.

I remember attending a Vikings vs Cowboys playoff game, with my Dad, late ‘70s. Really, really cold for us Texans! Mom made Dad and I a big thermos of hot chocolate (you could bring that stuff into games back then). Dad being a HS FB Coach wanted to get there early for pre-game activities on the field. Well, the hot chocolate was GONE prior to even KO.

Towards the end of the 1st Qtr, Dad went to get get more hot chocolate and came back asking if I’d like a cup of coffee, as that’s the only warm beverage available! First introduction to coffee! I was like 8-9 years old.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

Jesus Christ, they sell heated socks and hand warmers at the Costco.  This isn’t rocket surgery.

Nobody wants to be seen on YouTube fighting in the stands with heated gloves. 

• Haha 4
  • Drool 1

That Vikings vs Cowboys game was the game where some guy, dressed in a Snowman costume, caught himself on fire about one section over and three rows down from us.

Apparently he’d spilt some of his liquor on the outfit, then he went to light a cigarette, and POOF!!!!

I said “Dad, Dad, the Snowman which had caught a kid’s attention was on fire!!!” Dad just said, watch the game son. There are clips of that happening online and I was within eyesight of the whole thing. As a kid, F the game, as that was amazing!

Hook’em!!!

• Haha 8

4 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

One year we were hunting in South Dakota in -8 degree weather, walking along a creek trying to kick up pheasants. Three of us tried to cross the frozen creek and fell through up to our waist in water. All three of us scampered out super quick, only to see all three of our pants freeze solid from top to bottom. We had to all Frankenstein walk double time back to the truck asap to stave off severe frostbite. Good times. 

That’s what I was talking about!

3 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

That Vikings vs Cowboys game was the game where some guy, dressed in a Snowman costume, caught himself on fire about one section over and three rows down from us.

Apparently he’d spilt some of his liquor on the outfit, then he went to light a cigarette, and POOF!!!!

I said “Dad, Dad, the Snowman which had caught a kid’s attention was on fire!!!” Dad just said, watch the game son. There are clips of that happening online and I was within eyesight of the whole thing. As a kid, F the game, as that was amazing!

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

She made this the most feel-good story about people losing fingers n stuff

image.png.8dd78c63710f2c65dfbf024eda263155.png

Thank you! She looked unable to frown and cute in a psychotic sort of way. This is her face no matter how badly you disappoint her sexually 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

If not already mentioned the world wide leader had a feature last weekend about a Chefs fan that did the whole face painting and cosplay thing. Turned out he was a bank robber. Would get arrested, escape, arrested, escape, wash, rinse, repeat. When he got caught the final time he apologized to "Chefs Nation", not the half dozen bank tellers he stuck a pistol in the face of. Their fans are a special kind of special

Edited by mr. sunshine
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2024 at 3:39 PM, BabaYaga said:

How many is "many"?  

Just one. Why is this a story?!

Oh shit. They forgot the commas again. Damn.

Actual article:

Many, Chiefs fan{s} who suffered frostbite at bitter cold playoff game, need(s) amputations

Edited by Dnaguy

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2024 at 1:29 AM, ATXbronco said:

She made this the most feel-good story about people losing fingers n stuff

image.png.8dd78c63710f2c65dfbf024eda263155.png

I should've checked the second page of this thread prior to grabbing a screen capture of her to post here, but glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. She's so enthusiastic and thrilled to discuss those poor fools' misfortune. Love the festive balloons in the background and the blue hair highlights couldn't be more appropriate to cap off the look of Dr. Frost Bite discussing her passion.

DrMeganGarcia-BurnCenter.thumb.jpg.dc9d507f77637409b1ddd69468fbfa08.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

27 minutes ago, Fortune_Coins said:

Thanks for sharing this interesting thread! Speaking of fun activities, have you ever tried playing the Freaky Tiki online slot game ( https://www.fortunecoins.com/info/freaky-tiki-online-slot-game) on Fortunecoins? It's a great way to add some excitement to your day and unwind after your travels!

I can't wait to click that link

Mrs. Canecutter used to say that, adding that it was an ancient Swedish saying.

I riposted with the ancient Alabama saying of "Who gives a fuck what Swedes think? They're Goddam Morons, They Live In Sweden, Where It's Cold."

She told me to calm down.

I WAS CALM.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/11/2024 at 5:16 PM, Dbeasy said:

Walked right into that crafty pheasant trap, you did, then all that night had to listen to their piping pheasant voices: "Hey Joe! Tonight you Freeze!"

On 3/12/2024 at 5:29 PM, mr. sunshine said:

If not already mentioned the world wide leader had a feature last weekend about a Chefs fan that did the whole face painting and cosplay thing. Turned out he was a bank robber. Would get arrested, escape, arrested, escape, wash, rinse, repeat. When he got caught the final time he apologized to "Chefs Nation", not the half dozen bank tellers he stuck a pistol in the face of. Their fans are a special kind of special

Are bank robbers who are fans of other teams (and you know there are a shitload of them) markedly different according to your research?

5 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Are bank robbers who are fans of other teams (and you know there are a shitload of them) markedly different according to your research?

Admittedly unscientific but I can't recall a famous superfan face painter committing armed robbery. Unless Puddy on Seinfeld went bad

Very common saying in Norway in the winter.  Norway’s regularly in the top 5 of “happiest” countries, so they may have something there.