Selection Sunday

Pancho

Just now, A’Dam Psycho said:

Definitely not gimmies do we’ll see.

now I’m off to twitter to troll OU fans

If those meth heads could read, they’d be very upset 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Tenn coming off of back to back losses. Lost by 17 to Miss St, lost by 16 to aggy. That’s a very winnable game. Potential UVA matchup kinda worries me. Our half court offense sucks and that’s what UVA forces its opponents to do.

Uh, no it doesn't. We're literally in the top 20 out of 362 teams in offensive efficiency. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Hope we're a night game

Haven't found a bracket pic yet

East Region
No. 1 UConn vs. No. 16 Stetson

No. 8 Florida Atlantic vs. No. 9 Northwestern

No. 5 San Diego State vs. No. 12 UAB

No. 4 Auburn vs. No. 13 Yale

No. 6 BYU vs. No. 11 Duquesne

No. 3 Illinois vs. No. 14 Morehead State

No. 7 Washington State vs. No. 10 Drake

No. 2 Iowa State vs. No. 15 South Dakota State

South Region
No. 1 Houston vs. No. 16 Longwood

No. 8 Nebraska vs. No. 9 Texas A&M

No. 5 Wisconsin vs. No. 12 James Madison

No. 4 Duke vs. No. 13 Vermont

No. 6 Texas Tech vs. No. 11 NC State

No. 3 Kentucky vs. No. 14 Oakland

No. 7 Florida vs. No. 10 Boise State/Colorado winner

No. 2 Marquette vs. No. 15 Western Kentucky

Midwest Region
No. 1 Purdue vs. No. 16 Montana State/Grambling State winner

No. 8 Utah State vs. No. 9 TCU

No. 5 Gonzaga vs. No. 12 McNeese State

No. 4 Kansas vs. No. 13 Samford

No. 6 South Carolina vs. No. 11 Oregon

No. 3 Creighton vs. No. 14 Arkon

No. 7 Texas vs. No. 10 Virginia/Colorado State winner

No. 2 Tennessee vs. No. 15 Saint Peter's

West Region
No. 1 North Carolina vs. No. 16 Howard/Wagner winner

No. 8 Mississippi State vs. No. 9 Michigan State

No. 5 Saint Mary's vs. No. 12 Grand Canyon

No. 4 Alabama vs. No. 13 Charleston

No. 6 Clemson vs. No. 11 New Mexico

No. 3 Baylor vs. No. 14 Colgate

No. 7 Dayton vs. No. 10 Nevada

No. 2 Arizona vs. No. 15 Long Beach State

Conferences with multiple bids
Big 12: 8
SEC: 8
Big Ten: 6
Mountain West: 6
ACC: 5
Pac 12: 4
Big East: 3
AAC: 2
Atlantic 10: 2
West Coast: 2

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

I like our matchup. Could have been way worse. Virginia would be my preference and not some 3 point shooting machine team of mid majors. 

I don’t hate what we got. We got bumped out of the 8/9 line and we got a March choker as our 2 seed. Let the fun begin, it’s Madness time!

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, SamMan said:

This is a bit presumptuous, no? I remember a bunch of aggies salivating at their shot to face Texas in round two last year as a 7-seed…

Yes, of course it is! That is why I am a fan and not a player!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

I don’t hate what we got. We got bumped out of the 8/9 line and we got a March choker as our 2 seed. Let the fun begin, it’s Madness time!

Tournament Terry doesnt even get out of bed until mid March. Let's fuck some shit up.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

What would be people be worried about a Virginia? I mean obviously we could lose to anyone but they aren’t as good as years past and still can’t score. Plays good defense though. I know nothing about Colorado st and what they might do against us. It’s all about matchups.

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

What would be people be worried about a Virginia? I mean obviously we could lose to anyone but they aren’t as good as years past and still can’t score. Plays good defense though. I know nothing about Colorado st and what they might do against us. It’s all about matchups.

for one, Bennett > Terry

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Catdaddyhorn said:

Which conference tourney auto qualifiers spoiled it for 4 teams.  I know Oregon wouldn't have made without winning their tourney. What other teams knocked teams out?

NCST, Oregon, UAB, Duquesne 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Which conference tourney auto qualifiers spoiled it for 4 teams.  I know Oregon wouldn't have made without winning their tourney. What other teams knocked teams out?

NC state for sure

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's always good to be reminded by certain posters that we shouldn't even consider possible second round matchups.

pfft.  I'm looking forward to the rematch with Purdue

• Hook 'Em 1

okay, just to remind everybody here, the March Madness gods have most likely met by now, and #1 on their list is that Texas deserves some reparations for last year's 2nd half debacle, when only the refs outright 100% refusal to make a call against the other team resulted in the Texas loss.   

We are winning 2 games.  

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's always good to be reminded by certain posters that we shouldn't even consider possible second round matchups.

You do you chief. There’s a difference between considering and just auto assuming, which most of our fanbase does. there’s nothing wrong with looking a a potential matchup with Barnes in the 2nd round as long as you also mention our 1st round game and should we get past that. Our fans just assume we will get past that. 

there’s nothing in this season that shows you we will auto win our 1st round game. That’s all.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, JGrayDBU said:

okay, just to remind everybody here, the March Madness gods have most likely met by now, and #1 on their list is that Texas deserves some reparations for last year's 2nd half debacle, when only the refs outright 100% refusal to make a call against the other team resulted in the Texas loss.   

We are winning 2 games.  

I like this guy

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

no shit.  every year everyone starts projecting potential matchups all throughout the bracket as soon as its realeased but don't dare do it for your own team.

• Haha 2

I've got a busy work week coming up and family coming in town Friday afternoon. I keep giving myself little pep talks like "Real life sometimes gets in the way of watching sports" but they're not helping. 

All that to say, pulling hard for a Thursday night game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Drawn with Matt Painter and Rich Barnes, two annual March choke artists?  Way better than getting put on the 8/9 line in UConn’s region. 

CSU started out the year red hot but they’ve generally played like shit outside of Fort Collins. They also don’t shoot it that great from three and, probably the best news, they don’t fucking rebound. I don’t think they have a great answer for Disu. 

4 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

We are winning 2 games.  

hey I'm all in but it is cute you think the refs aren't gonna work to fuck us for the 3rd time in a row...

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Pancho said:

there’s nothing wrong with looking a a potential matchup with Barnes in the 2nd round as long as you also mention our 1st round game and should we get past that.

lulz.  Do you have any other posting rules people should abide by?

14 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

lulz.  Do you have any other posting rules people should abide by?

Bitch you can just ignore it. It’s not a rule. But our fanbase does what they do so…

Kristen Bell Idk GIF by Team Coco

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

Bitch you can just ignore it. It’s not a rule. But our fanbase does what they do so…

"Bitch"?  Hey, I like you as a poster, but you've been really fucking prickly lately.  Everything OK?

IIRC, the tip-off times usually get revealed around 11pm tonight, yes?  

Didn't even occur to me that I have a school board meeting that night.  So if it is an evening, expect a video going viral of me saying, "Forget the kids man, get that power point shit off the screen and put on the Horns!"  

We've got a very good draw imo. I am used to getting hosed by the selection committee, so this is a pleasant surprise. Of course they had to set up a potential matchup between Barnes and his former school and assistant in the second round.

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Kristen Bell Idk GIF by Team Coco

Or you can stop being a fucking vag. Nothing we say on this board has fuck all to do with happens in real life. Nobody wants to get lectured by their gramdma. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

44 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If those meth heads could read, they’d be very upset 

image.jpeg.9cfae90f2b1ea8970845465db1efa2be.jpeg

NCAA: you can’t read can you? 
OU: No. 

NCAA: what’s your name? 
OU: Oklahoma

NCAA: let’s check together…. Hmmm… nope, you’re not in there.  Better luck next time. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

We've got a very good draw imo. I am used to getting hosed by the selection committee, so this is a pleasant surprise. Of course they had to set up a potential matchup between Barnes and his former school and assistant in the second round.

Having to face Virginia is itself a screw-job. UVA should have been left out.

• Pancho unpinned this topic