R.I.P. - M. Emmet Walsh

Blood Simple show stealer.  Right up there with Strother Martin in the annoyingly loquacious but very articulate  high, whiny Southern / Texas drawl voice type.

Nasty motherfucker driving an old yellow VW true beetle. I mean it was old in ‘85. He tried hard to murder Frances McDormand but she got him in the end. Coen casting was never better.

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Shit, I was thinking of Joe Walsh.  My apologies.  

The smoker you drink, the player you get.

Edited by RPM
  • Drool 1

^

He was interviewed or maybe just wrote the article himself in Esquire after he got sick about certain character actors that just made him feel better when they appeared on camera.  He would make it a point later in this career not to know, given the internet, who was going to be in a film other than who could obviously see from the theater poster top of bill.  And he said something about them and one other guy whose name I can't remember.  But Yeah, Walsh was one of 'em and for me too.  If we're honest, most 'actors' are pretty people saying words set to running photography.  But if you think about it, most of Emmet's roles...he played it the exact same way most of the time.  But it worked in almost every single film/show for some strange reason.  There won't be many more like him, RIP...