Baylor @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, B00M said:

We all fucking hope so but at this point they’re all 1 melt down inning away from a massive demotion. We don’t have anyone with “stuff” good enough to overcome defensive miscues and weak ass run support so they’re all walking right ropes. Ace has been sharp as hell for 2 weeks though

Yep. Ace will have a blowout outing at some point because he just doesn’t miss enough bats. But if we can get anywhere close to this type of performance in half of his upcoming starts we will be just fine.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Yep. Ace will have a blowout outing at some point because he just doesn’t miss enough bats. But if we can get anywhere close to this type of performance in half of his upcoming starts we will be just fine.

I mean baylor is not good but finding some combo where you can get 4 or 5 out of Ace and 4 or 5 out of a righty would be interesting.

Maybe Ace Hurley?  

Edited by dcar00

5 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

119 pitches is a ton in your first start 

Ace looks pretty low effort. This was a must win and an opportunity to put some swagger into that pitching staff. Ace showing the rest of the staff how it’s done 

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

I mean baylor is not good but finding some combo where you can get 4 or 5 out of Ace and 4 or 5 out of a righty would be interesting.

Correct. My original idea a week ago was have Whitehead piggyback LBJ. Go from a guy throwing 96 to a lefty throwing 86. Would take a long time for hitters to adjust. 

We can just do the opposite now. Find a righty to pair with him.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, texastroubadour said:

Would it kill LHN TO have a post game show? Interview? On our own network?

Ridiculous that they don't. That post game stuff is most likely already in cardboard packing boxes. 

Always check  in to the radio for post game interviews (albeit brief)... 1300 the Zone.

We all fucking hope so but at this point they’re all 1 melt down inning away from a massive demotion. We don’t have anyone with “stuff” good enough to overcome defensive miscues and weak ass run support so they’re all walking right ropes. Ace has been sharp as hell for 2 weeks though

Outside of the first weekend, we’ve been competitive save a blow up or two. We have enough parts on the mound to compete. We’ve yet to see LBJs best. I’m still confident in Witt being able to do some things.

Baylor lacks offensive firepower so I wouldn’t put much stock into today. But there may be something to hard throwing righty then sod tossing lefty then a righty. Very different arm types for the opponent to prepare for.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cajun said:

O'Dowd at DH?  0-4?

Yeah, go fuck yourself Pierce.

Yep he need to be benched. Hoping this DH move is his last chance to focus on just hitting and try to find what he’s missing. He’s not finding it. Let’s move on after this weekend. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Spaceman_Spiff said:

I swear Pierce does this every year. Weekend staff is totally not up to snuff and then he pulls one or two weekend starters off the bench and they crush it. Like clockwork.

This off season Pierce said something like, “I’ve never been so sure about my weekend starters during an off season” (at that point it was LBJ, Hurley, Whitt) 

The Office Nbc GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

41 minutes ago, B00M said:

God damn dude preach.

This team is a fucking mess.

5 minutes ago, B00M said:

This off season Pierce said something like, “I’ve never been so sure about my weekend starters during an off season” (at that point it was LBJ, Hurley, Whitt) 

The Office Nbc GIF

Didn’t we have a transfer that was a presumptive weekend starter at that time, that got hurt?

8 minutes ago, B00M said:

The Office Nbc GIF

Witt* 

This is what happens when you start drinking in the morning and skip lunch. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yes. And a closer. And a 1st baseman 

Another another potential starter.

Santos (Duke), Rigney (Baylor), and Mercer (ND - would have been our shutdown closer) all injured.

Storm (1B) retired. Our entire transfer class blew up.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

God damn dude preach.

This team is a fucking mess.

They’re shy 1 elite arm and 2 elite bats. DP is toggling the limited levers he’s got trying to develop depth without losing guys we need to get hot to reach our potential (O’Dowd, Porter, Witt) … speaking of, Witt hasn’t appeared since the 10th? Is he hurt?

I really don’t think Ace is going to need anybody to pair with him. His stuff plays. It’s not overpowering but his command of it is not a fluke at this point. There will be days when the wind is blowing out that he may run into trouble but that could be said about any arm.

Biggest thing is he has a rubber arm so even in starts where he has given up 3 or 4 runs he can still give you 7 or 8 innings.

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Another another potential starter.

Santos (Duke), Rigney (Baylor), and Mercer (ND - would have been our shutdown closer) all injured.

Storm (1B) retired. Our entire transfer class blew up.

I'm sure they would've been totally better than our other guys.  Everyone knew they would suck right?

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, WBT said:

I'm sure they would've been totally better than our other guys.  Everyone knew they would suck right?

I mean all of those guys would have created reduced roles for players who are struggling or not good enough. Storm and Mercer would be massive additions to this team. Mercer would give us an AA caliber closer and Strom would allow JT to move to the OF which makes Porters struggles at lot easier to handle 

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I mean all of those guys would have created reduced roles for players who are struggling or not good enough. Storm and Mercer would be massive additions to this team. Mercer would give us an AA caliber closer and Strom would allow JT to move to the OF which makes Porters struggles at lot easier to handle 

Spot on. 

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

Does anyone know why Storm quit? That was random as fuck and kind of stupid on his part. Also, fuck him for doing that. 

7 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Wind will be blowing straight out today. Up to 30-35 MPH at times.

I really wish we hadn’t moved the fences in. With the wind and the shorter fences, the Disch has turned into a home run derby

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Sets up well for a ground ball pitcher like Grubbs.   Unless he gets the ball up.

Grubbs/Hurley kinda day for sure. But yea they have to actually keep the ball down which is an issue for them both.

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

I really wish we hadn’t moved the fences in. With the wind and the shorter fences, the Disch has turned into a home run derby

Seriously. And making hitting our green monster in center is now a homer. That used to be special clearing that fucker. Still is but dammit just hitting it shouldn’t be a homer. And that glorious astroturf, god how I miss you and the insane bounces the ball would make off that fucker. Gave us a nice home field advantage. The ball would fly at infielders on grounders and would about once a game bounce over an out fielders head. Not to mention those liners in the gap would get to the fence and past the outfielders so fucking fast. 

Now we have shitty turf that gives us no real advantage, slows the ball down making infield grounders a lot easier to scoop up. No bouncing over the outfielders head. Non of the awesome shit the Disch used to have. Fucking Gus wanted it that way, then Deloss(?) fucked us out of the turf. Pierce fucked us with the fences. Who are y’all to overthrow Gus’s dream park? Not that I have strong feelings about this or anything 

26 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Really like that lineup, would have swapped Will and Max but I’ll live.

23 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yup. I can support that lineup for sure. I like Will in front of Max for a bit of protection 

Plus gaspo is kinda turning the corner as he adjusts to college pitching. Get him and his speed on base and let max drive him in. 

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Great, LHN is showing tennis.  I can't find this on ESPN+.  Anyone have any luck?

Nope, LHN is really showing Tennis over the baseball game. Live stats it is. 

1-2-3 first for Grubbs