Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

Getting paid 19.5 million to head down to Florida and be forced to listen to Baggy mumble for hours on end, well… that’s just pure torture and not enough money. 

Abreu will get himself right with Jesús real quick just to avoid an extend stay. Or he will retire under mental health conditions. 

I could see a great comedy in the making “Baggy and the Beaner on the road to West Palm”

7 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Yeah, Loperfido looked at strike 2 and 3 in that at bat iirc and they were not borderline.

Yep. 
think he’s a guesser? Sits on one pitch and if he doesn’t see it, he freezes?

IMG_0227.thumb.png.60c23e115955a60b14e335b3eaee4667.png

1 hour ago, Storm the Field said:

I was reading about Loperfido some more and his problematic K rate. One thing I read is not so much that he whiffs a bunch, but apparently he takes a ton of strikes looking. I know at least one of his K's last night was staring at Strike 3. Hopefully being a little more aggressive at the plate is something that can be taught.

He looked at a really good pitch for strike 2 in that AB as well. Those were his worst two (maybe only bad 2) swing decisions in 5 AB’s so not going to kill the guy for that. 

Bagwell must be really desperate to save face on this one.
In my head I really want it to be that Crane decided this was Bagwells punishment for signing him to this deal....which I know it isn't
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, n64ra said:

Looks like a normal Houston SP line this season. Yes, I know SUG...

Tomorrow’s lineup is going to look a lot like Sugarland with Arrighetti on the mound, Singleton at first and Loperfido probably in LF.

(or maybe Yordan gets the start in LF to get both Diaz and Caratini in the lineup to see if the last swing last night can keep rolling).

I can own when something goes south so this was my preseason prediction

"Starting out the season fast with a 39-19 record through May."

We literally cannot lose a game in May for it to come true lmao.

fdfda722498ce317535a8e9943c95738.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

29 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I can own when something goes south so this was my preseason prediction

"Starting out the season fast with a 39-19 record through May."

We literally cannot lose a game in May for it to come true lmao.

fdfda722498ce317535a8e9943c95738.gif

You’re too late. UTPhil already called 29-0 on the last page.

But yeah, there were some other really good gems on the first couple of pages of this thread from what I remember but that I’ll look back on the last week of the regular season like I usually do 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kevwun said:

Yeah, Loperfido looked at strike 2 and 3 in that at bat iirc and they were not borderline.

he’s just rookie, first mlb game. not everyone can have the batter’s eye of the avg surly poster !!!

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

That explanation would make the front office look even dumber if they knew he was struggling with an injury, was hitting .070 or whatever, and still kept playing him.

For the 2nd year in a row.

Crack medical staff we have.

You know who tends to keep getting hurt to the point they can't perform?  Old, washed guys.

WTAF is this moron doing?

Calling up Loperfido? Cool we need 1B help

Making him play a position he hasn't been playing and asking him to adjust to MLB pitching? WTAF

Batting Bregman 2nd? WTAF

Why is has it been so excruciatingly painful to just simply set a reasonable order and run the best lineup out there??

16 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

WTAF is this moron doing?

Calling up Loperfido? Cool we need 1B help

Making him play a position he hasn't been playing and asking him to adjust to MLB pitching? WTAF

Batting Bregman 2nd? WTAF

Why is has it been so excruciatingly painful to just simply set a reasonable order and run the best lineup out there??

astros-manager-dusty-baker-says-hes-retiring-v0-KrkufAUZJ6Fpv2W-qr3S03Tx1vTuuxDzHMdYQf8ycL4.jpg.5d25e627a0a6c82868acd54c799cc48f.jpg

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

This is 100% bullshit imho.  If there is anything anywhere close to a legit injury causing Abreu’s collapse, he would have been on the IL weeks ago.  He’s not hurt.  Any amateur can see how slowly his bat moves and how far behind fastballs he is.  That’s not a bum knee.  That is (almost certainly) Father Time, and if it’s not that, it’s a mental issue.

He is being sent off to save face.  Some time will pass and he will be released or a deal will be worked out so he can retire.