2018 Longhorns Fall Practice/Football Season Thread

Tex Pete

14 minutes ago, BERT said:

So not having the bottom part of his right leg doesn't count? 

Well I’ll be damed

i missed that!!

not my fault

stoopid small phone and freezing gif.....

Old eyes

good thing a new 60 inch tv been delivered so I don’t miss football games!!

but +reppedyou anyhoo

Edited by TexasTroll
  • Like 2

Bill Connelly moved us up to #19 in his personal rankings (his stats have us at 27)

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/22/17693190/2018-college-football-team-rankings

Tier 3: A top-10 performance wouldn’t be particularly surprising

14. TCU (22)
15. Florida State (18)
16. USC (15)
17. LSU (16)
18. Michigan State (11)
19. Texas (27)
20. Stanford (20)

19 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Not complaining as the brunette is the thickest cheerleader Texas has put out in awhile...

Still wood over the blond any day, he has those dead eyes. 

You never know if hookem is a girl, but this particular one looks like a tall skinny guy. 

2, x, 1, x (pending reveal)

Edited by Zavala

4 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Maybe he will make the leap Elliot made.

Is he moving to that Deshon/Haines centerfield role where they are right there for all the overthrown, easy interceptions? Because honestly, Caden Sterns would excel there and would much rather see Brandon continue to beast in run-stopping rather than force him into all the coverage assignments. 

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Nutty Gruesome Surly Story

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2792085-ufc-fighter-suffers-gruesome-injury-in-accident-with-power-drill

Sorry not football related, but definite SURLY Material...

What made you think that has any relevance to the fucking 2018 UT football thread?

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

I just saw a stat on Twitter that said Duverney only caught 9 passes last year?  The fuck? 

How many times did you here his number called? He was barely there, both because he's been poorly utilized and because he's not a very good route runner.

Just now, texifornia said:

How many times did you here his number called? He was barely there, both because he's been poorly utilized and because he's not a very good route runner.

We also immersed ourselves into this, in retrospect, insanely stupid rotation of WRs because of "you suck, Collin and Devin, get your ass out of there".  Sometimes, you've got to let your most talented guys work through their shit on the field instead of cutting their snaps and playing 8 or 9 guys.

• Like 1

The two guys who got the most carries, Ehlinger and Porter, averaged 3.3 ypc and 3.1 ypc last year.
Ok, well that isn’t helpful for my “show me a loss!” optimism, so I’m going to stop looking at actual data and return to $9.95 report puffery.

3.1 ypc is pretty good. You give him the ball four times and you’ve got yourself a first down.
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

You can pretty much shake your head at all offensive stats from last season.  Fucking Tech shut us down.

They don't call Kingsbury "the Saban of the west" for nothing.

By "they" I mean Shawn Watson and Tim Beck, to be clear. 

Edited by Bill Lumbergh
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1