2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

road era still hovering around 2.88 which would be mlb best in the last 30 years.

differential is looking like 3rd best in last 50 years behind 98 yanks and 01 m's.

fewest runs allowed in al since dh started is looking locked.

most road wins in b2b seasons in history is locked. 

second best road record in history i think is close to locked.

most strikeouts from a staff is locked.

what am i missing?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Congrats Astros! Best regular season record in franchise history! 103 - 59. Going for 104 tomorrow. No reason to give a shit about tomorrow though. Looking primed for the playoffs after a great September. Well done!

Tomorrow matters because of CFM.  

Franchise win record--what a two year run. 

Edited by runthebone

1 hour ago, Guadaloopy said:

Dude in the Rainbow Gut suit has been living his best life for the past couple of weeks.  

Even though he is a aggie. He is one of the nicest dudes you could meet. Really enjoy talking baseball with him. Loves the Astros and game of baseball more than 90% of the people out there. Knows his Astros history.  Really is a great story of how he immigrated here and built a successful business while falling in love with the Astros. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

road era still hovering around 2.88 which would be mlb best in the last 30 years.

differential is looking like 3rd best in last 50 years behind 98 yanks and 01 m's.

what am i missing?

damn good-lookin' too

Outstanding weekend thus far. Might as well close it out by cruising to #104. No blisters, no tweaked knees, no nada on the negative side.

Not losing 60 in the regular season is amazing...especially after yet another poor August and not having anything close to a settled bullpen until Giles departed, Devo got shelved and Pressly and Osuna came aboard. Doesn't mean jack in October, I know, but things are percolating about as well as anyone could hope for. If Correa actually comes alive and the other guys at least maintain, I'd take this bunch against anyone.

Edited by Gut Wagon

lot of sadness mixed in with a ton of happiness today for game #162. another season in the books, with an amazing post season to follow. 

let's lock down #104 and then get ready for Friday. the Indians are going to bring it, we better be ready. 

the road to the World Series goes through Houston !!!!!

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

what am i missing?

We've never been 44 over until yesterday

Tip of the cap to Hunter Pence who played his last game with the Giants and likely the last game of his career today.  He’s a part of what the Astros are today.  I’m happy that he has his own rings and that his departure was one of the first steps down a difficult but rewarding path for the Astros. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Tip of the cap to Hunter Pence who played his last game with the Giants and likely the last game of his career today.  He’s a part of what the Astros are today.  I’m happy that he has his own rings and that his departure was one of the first steps down a difficult but rewarding path for the Astros. 

Always liked Pence and like you said, I was happy for him when he got rings with the Giants. Dude gave it 100% all the time.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

God bless the Dodgers, Rockies, Cubs, and Brewers for giving us an extra day of meaningful baseball and one less dead day as we wait for the World Champs to begin their title defense in earnest.  

I hope the A’s make it to the ALCS and neither the Rockies or Cubs make the NLCS. Playing in dumbass 30 degree temperatures in April is one thing, but to have real  games in those conditions is stupid. 

At least Milwaukee was smart enough to put a lid on their stadium. 

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

Here are the pitchers from last year’s ALDS roster : RHP Chris Devenski, RHP Ken Giles, RHP Luke Gregerson, RHP Will Harris, LHP Dallas Keuchel, LHP Francisco Liriano, RHP Lance McCullers Jr., RHP Charlie Morton, RHP Joe Musgrove, RHP Brad Peacock, RHP Justin Verlander

The only likely repeats this year are Verlander, Keuchel, Morton, and McCullers. 

Due to a prior engagement, I will be at the Cotton Bowl on Saturday watching the Horns try to kill an Ewok. As a result, I’m not using my seats for game 2 of the ALDS.

Before I put them on stubhub, I wanted to offer them here. Two seats in Sec. 131, Row 10 - $200 each, which is less than what similar seats are going for, especially since there are no transaction fees.

PM if interested.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Player said:

Due to a prior engagement, I will be at the Cotton Bowl on Saturday watching the Horns try to kill an Ewok. As a result, I’m not using my seats for game 2 of the ALDS.

Before I put them on stubhub, I wanted to offer them here. Two seats in Sec. 131, Row 10 - $200 each, which is less than what similar seats are going for, especially since there are no transaction fees.

PM if interested.

ou sucks