Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

32 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

These guys obviously did not follow basic safety protocols.  For example, I know one simple way to guarantee that one never gets hit while crossing a scree slope. 

Don't climb mountains.  Basic safety 101.  If you follow this simple rule, you will never be killed by a rockslide.  

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 2:49 PM, honolulu horn said:

Was going to post the same thing. Really incredible, especially given that Pyongyang is a major city with 3 million people in it. There's just absolutely nothing else there. 

What's even more incredible to me is the African continent. Flying at nighttime down the continent you don't see any traces of humanity for long, long periods of time. As in hours. 

the-Earth-at-night.jpg

darkness-everybody-darkness.jpg

• Haha 1

Make a fist. W/ your other hand put your pointer finger on 1st knuckle of fisted hand Start w/ Jan & recite the months moving your pointer finger & alternating between a knuckle & the space in-between knuckles. Months that fall on a knuckle have 31 days & the spaces have less than 31

easy.

• Like 1

What?  How is this still a thing?  Everybody, including the invalid, demented, and criminally insane can all remember the story about February.  All you have to do, as an adult, is remember 4 months have 30 days...April, June, September, and November.  Just that.  Any drunk or heroin addict can remember the February thing.  Just remember those 4 months have 30 days.  That's it.  Everything else is 31.  Out of 12, you just have to remember 1/3rd of the rule.  Just go 1 for 3 in life.  Ain't that hard.  When you get into a jam in late Winter...find somebody on bath salts and ask what's the deal with February this year.  

I watched one of my in-laws recite that month thing in front of my daughter and I was just thinking, "Sweetheart, you don't ever have to be like that.  If you can remember how many hours there are in a day...you can remember the names of the 4 fucking months with 30 days."  And then, as per usual, my wife's sister says, "Well Christmas is on a Saturday this year...hard telling what day it'll be on next year."  FUCKING SUNDAY!  It's a perpetual calendar, it slides one day except on a Leap Year, when it slides 2 days.  I say this politely, and she responds, "Well, you never know.  Just have to wait and see."  

3 minutes ago, Hate said:

I always loved to listen to Carl Sagan speak.  /no homo

Found this one about 7-8 years ago while home alone for Christmas (before children):  

It was likely posted on the old site.  The video is obviously modifying on existing celestial photography.  But Carl's narrative is all original.  

Don't know why it connects me to the holidays.  I guess because it's the Universe's way of telling us what religion should tell us---for now, for here, for you, for us---we're stuck here.  Make it work.  For Carl. 

That's not Uranus in her photos you're looking at...I think.  Her perineum should be nicknamed Rueben.  Because I don't know where the pastrami starts and the corned beef ends.   

"There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known"

-Sagan

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3