Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

On 12/22/2021 at 10:00 PM, brakeman said:

"There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known"

-Sagan

The really amazing thing is that even from that distance you can see that Liucci is a lilttle bitch.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, brakeman said:

what a party??

Sorry to be a bummer, but this isn't actually an "image" of a cell, but rather the most detailed and "lifelike" model of a cell recently created by some Stanford scientists using a collection of various datasets. Still damn cool though. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Sorry to be a bummer, but this isn't actually an "image" of a cell, but rather the most detailed and "lifelike" model of a cell recently created by some Stanford scientists using a collection of various datasets. Still damn cool though. 

I don’t know, man. the internet says it’s an image. 

Appropriate that we close out 2021, the calendar year equivalent of "Bull in a China Shop" and open 2022 with, "Buffalo in a Chinese Eatery."

This year gone be Lit.As.Fuck.

I am more interested in the fact that neither man reacated at ALL to the sound of the buffalo plowing through the plexidoor.  that was a LOUD sound, you would have thought a normal person would have at least looked towards the sound.... neither of them did until homeboy was getting rode outta town.

5 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I am more interested in the fact that neither man reacated at ALL to the sound of the buffalo plowing through the plexidoor.  that was a LOUD sound, you would have thought a normal person would have at least looked towards the sound.... neither of them did until homeboy was getting rode outta town.

Chinese Stealth Buffalo. Developed in Wuhan.

18 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

dude on his phone looks.  both have ice in the veins as neither jumps, though if 2 stroke motorbikes haven't been outlawed there they could just be used to loud noises all the time. 

image.png.f4dcb6494c9ffcc79ed04fb35a4f9e2f.png

I saw Lin Chang walking with the Empress

Doing the Buffalos of Tianjin 

I saw a buffalo drinking a Baijiu at Trader Vinh's 

His hide was perfect 

Edited by Lobo

Holy shit, I was cheering for that little guy out loud---wife asked me what the hell was wrong.  I gotta show my 6yo when she gets home...she loves penguins.  

Of course there's an asshole in the comments section, "No big deal, they're great swimmers."  True, he could easily make the swing between ice floats...trouble is they don't climb real well up an ice float that appeared to be at least 2-3' high.  Woulda been the worst ending to a movie if he fell off, swam to the next edge and another penguin shouted, "Here, grab my flipper...I'll pull you up."  As he's drowning, "Hey asshole, what am I supposed to grab it with?"  

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

Sound on

Meh. Looks great, but a big bag of meh. As many of the comments noted, penguins jump in and out of that water all day every day, up and down the ice floes, and have no problem with the edges. 

And not to CR up the place, but what an idiot attributing every single ice movement to climate change. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, nnm said:

Meh. Looks great, but a big bag of meh. As many of the comments noted, penguins jump in and out of that water all day every day, up and down the ice floes, and have no problem with the edges. 

And not to CR up the place, but what an idiot attributing every single ice movement to climate change. 

I bet you tell kids Santa isn't real.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Holy shit, I was cheering for that little guy out loud---wife asked me what the hell was wrong.  I gotta show my 6yo when she gets home...she loves penguins.  

Of course there's an asshole in the comments section, "No big deal, they're great swimmers."  True, he could easily make the swing between ice floats...trouble is they don't climb real well up an ice float that appeared to be at least 2-3' high.  Woulda been the worst ending to a movie if he fell off, swam to the next edge and another penguin shouted, "Here, grab my flipper...I'll pull you up."  As he's drowning, "Hey asshole, what am I supposed to grab it with?"  

They don't need to climb.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
  • Like 5

That's so well photographed from underwater.  My oldest was super into penguins about 4 years ago and I learned all kinds of cool stuff about them alongside her.  Then, like most kids, she just moved onto something else and I forgot everything we learned about them.  I forgot they could shoot out of the water like that (reminds me of hot tubbing with South Austin's Mom).  Whenever I ask her why she just drops one topic and picks up another one of interest (it kinda bums me out that she does that)...my wife asks me something like, "Uh, remember last month when you were starting to learn German and then the month before that you wanted to play ob-la-di-ob-la-da on the piano...yeah she gets this ADD shit from you."  Fair point.  

I wanna get back into penguins with her though, pos rep for posting.  

6 hours ago, Lobo said:

That's so well photographed from underwater.  My oldest was super into penguins about 4 years ago and I learned all kinds of cool stuff about them alongside her.  Then, like most kids, she just moved onto something else and I forgot everything we learned about them.  I forgot they could shoot out of the water like that (reminds me of hot tubbing with South Austin's Mom).  Whenever I ask her why she just drops one topic and picks up another one of interest (it kinda bums me out that she does that)...my wife asks me something like, "Uh, remember last month when you were starting to learn German and then the month before that you wanted to play ob-la-di-ob-la-da on the piano...yeah she gets this ADD shit from you."  Fair point.  

I wanna get back into penguins with her though, pos rep for posting.  

Check out "Atypical" on netflix. Lead is an autistic teen fascinated by penguins.

That's amazingly detailed for the tools available to them in that era.  

Since the Earth is only 6,000 years old, why do you never see cave paintings or petroglyphs of dinosaurs.  

I mean a giraffe is amazing and majestic, but if I was living near a group of T-Rex's...they'd probably capture my artist's eye.